Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Destinations 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:50 am

i think Scandinavia already good covered,since intra-scandinavia flights is cheap as....
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:07 am
Suspended

AY probably doesnt want QR here
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:17 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I'd like to see then in POM once a week at least
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by raporot
i think Scandinavia already good covered,since intra-scandinavia flights is cheap as....
I would fly them more often if it wasn't always a 2 stop.

Originally Posted by mpkz
AY probably doesnt want QR here
AY has always the advantage to offer Non Stop connection and a little competition isn't so bad .
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:34 pm

Jakarta will be increased to trice daily and Denpasar to double daily starting July
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...ncrease-310315
Old May 6, 2015, 11:52 am

Ras Al Khaimah daily from 1st October with A320
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...essrelease_rak
Old May 6, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
As a couple of others have commented, a return to CEB would be nice. Having to use MNL really blows. And the CX connection to CEB via HKG doesn't always work out.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:08 am

Not a new destination or 2015, but starting 1/1/2016 PHL goes from a mix of 772/3 to an A350. I'm happy for it, especially as a have a flight in J on the route later in January!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:30 am

Abha 4 weekly with A320 from 2nd September
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...15_abha_launch
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by arabiamark
As a couple of others have commented, a return to CEB would be nice. Having to use MNL really blows. And the CX connection to CEB via HKG doesn't always work out.
New deal signed...

MNL 14 flights a week and unlimited at CEB or CRK - will they use them is another matter...
Old Jun 27, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
I mentioned this a few times regarding QR at SYD.

The curfew isn't an issue, QR can have a departure ex-DOH at around 2100, a quick turn around at SYD with an arrival into DOH around 0500 and still comply with the curfews. Such a schedule will connect well with a lot of European, African and Middle Eastern markets.

The problem is that QR is limited by the air service agreement with Australia, they would have to drop either PER or MEL to start SYD. The possibility of departing past midnight from DOH for the MEL and PER flights allows for more connection possibilities, besides QR is more established in these markets and has less competition so there isn't an incentive to drop one of them so as to serve SYD. Qantas is lobbying the Australian government against allowing QR more rights.
^
Initially, the curfew was the main reason for QR choosing MEL & PER over SYD, but now with QRs growing arrival / departure banks at DOH it has become less of an issue and now the bi lateral agreement is the main problem.

I have heard recent rumours though of talks to increase the bi lateral and a DOH-SYD-AKL service. I would assume the flight would operate with a similar schedule to EK DXB-SYD-AKL (mid morning DOH departure, early morning SYD arrival, morning SYD departure, early afternoon AKL arrival, early evening AKL departure and SYD arrival, late evening SYD departure, early morning DOH arrival)
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
I wonder if QR will launch flights ex Dub... It would be another great alternative with the Recent EY Guest changes

plus if they launch Doh-Syd-Alk It would be a fun way to travel to New Zealand next May
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:12 am

Like what pepsi said above, this is just a rumour within QR at this stage but I've heard QR is looking at SYD on a 380 config, with a BA code added to the flight as well
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by GK
I'd like to see then in POM once a week at least
GK I missed this one LOL

I served two years in POM and used to take PX to connect to QR in Singapore. All but the last flight was before the 767 retrofits

Last edited by zat_dude; Jul 11, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:47 am

Additional Flights to Dubai, Jeddah, Peshawar, Kuala Lumpur, Asmara, Djibouti, Najaf, Luxor, Salalah, Zanzibar and the Sofia-Belgrade linked route
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...ocale_id=en_gl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.