Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Alfa_f
Any particular reason for that?
Is there a difference in the level ofservice (seat comfort, staff, food quality) between the two aircrafts?

Thank you!
The seats are arranged 2-2-2 on a 777 and 1-2-1 on the A380. They're an entirely different product too - I've flown both in the last week (albeit on an A350 rather than an A380) and enjoyed both. Was travelling in my own and having a seat mate on the 777 wasn't and issue at all.

For me I'd pick the A380 as its quieter, has better air quality and has the onboard bar - but only if the timing worked in my favour.

Onboard service should be identical
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
The seats are arranged 2-2-2 on a 777 and 1-2-1 on the A380. They're an entirely different product too - I've flown both in the last week (albeit on an A350 rather than an A380) and enjoyed both. Was travelling in my own and having a seat mate on the 777 wasn't and issue at all.

For me I'd pick the A380 as its quieter, has better air quality and has the onboard bar - but only if the timing worked in my favour.

Onboard service should be identical
Thanks for the tips! Looks like we will take the 777 as it fits our schedule much better.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:16 pm

Yes - as a pair the 777 really is top notch! I think the others will be more private so not as fun - that's if you like your travel partner of course!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat
Got a quick question: Qatar biz flight from Paris-Doha on a380, 9 hour 50 minute layover, then onward to Cairo. Does Qatar provide a hotel? Is there a hotel in the airport? 9 hours stuck in the lounge may be a bit too long!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:19 pm

Hi All -

Anyone know if there are ways to attain security fast-track lines for economy travel on QR without platinum status?

A job transfer is going to position me in Doha, and should put me mid-gold level. I am not sure I will quite maintain QR platinum.

I am STE+ with Delta - main benefit for me was security fast-track, regardless of class flown. It appears the OW Emerald threshold for this perk is a bit higher.

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Canuck2012
Got a quick question: Qatar biz flight from Paris-Doha on a380, 9 hour 50 minute layover, then onward to Cairo. Does Qatar provide a hotel? Is there a hotel in the airport? 9 hours stuck in the lounge may be a bit too long!
How about doing a search?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...pc-policy.html
The wiki answers your question.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Canuck2012
I am pretty sure that there will be a connection between CDG - DOH- CAI that is below 8 hours therefore STPC/complimentary hotel will not apply to you.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by StrandedinSLC
Hi All -

Anyone know if there are ways to attain security fast-track lines for economy travel on QR without platinum status?

A job transfer is going to position me in Doha, and should put me mid-gold level. I am not sure I will quite maintain QR platinum.

I am STE+ with Delta - main benefit for me was security fast-track, regardless of class flown. It appears the OW Emerald threshold for this perk is a bit higher.

Thanks!
If you are QR PC Gold, you may request for complimentary Al Maha meet-and-greet.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by boarding_pass
If you are QR PC Gold, you may request for complimentary Al Maha meet-and-greet.
Thanks. I will look into that.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:47 am

As complaints to Qatar Airways about lack of opportunity to use qmiles, even when booking a year ahead are not responded to, I am trying this forum. For the last 2 years I have tried to use my qmiles on flights a year in advance but in the month required there are no flights doha - south africa where an upgrade is possible. As a result I have decided to lose my miles (+-100,000) and fly on another airline
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by bigcat
As complaints to Qatar Airways about lack of opportunity to use qmiles, even when booking a year ahead are not responded to, I am trying this forum. For the last 2 years I have tried to use my qmiles on flights a year in advance but in the month required there are no flights doha - south africa where an upgrade is possible. As a result I have decided to lose my miles (+-100,000) and fly on another airline
Hello Bigcat and welcome to the forums!

You are indeed right that it is quite difficult to get upgrades, particularly on 2 segments at once. (i.e. getting A-DOH, or DOH-B is usually easier, depending on availability). However, I would not just throw them away.. Qmiles can actually be used quite conveniently by upgrading at the airport. Given there's still space in C. Or just book an award flight, which is definitely easier to book in advance than upgrades.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:20 am

Name change

Can anyone help me please?

I booked tickets via Travel Trolley and my daughters name is wrong. They've used my forename instead of hers on the ticket - my name us correct, her first name is wrong.

The travel agent is being very unhelpful and Qatar just direct me to the agent. My social media message has gone unanswered. We travel in two weeks and I'm concerned about how on earth to fix this.

Can anyone indicate how I can get the name changed?!

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by R.mac
Can anyone help me please?

I booked tickets via Travel Trolley and my daughters name is wrong. They've used my forename instead of hers on the ticket - my name us correct, her first name is wrong.

The travel agent is being very unhelpful and Qatar just direct me to the agent. My social media message has gone unanswered. We travel in two weeks and I'm concerned about how on earth to fix this.

Can anyone indicate how I can get the name changed?!

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to FlyerTalk R.mac. I hope you will find us a useful resource.

If the ticket was booked by an agent then the agent retains control over the ticket until check-in time. As such there is little Qatar can do about it.

As such unfortunately you must direct your complaint to the agent.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Club; Gold
Online Check In

Hello,

I've searched (promise!) but without success to my newbie questions. I've not flown QR before (lots of BA travel) but my wife and I are flying AMS-DOH-DPS (in J on 787 - quite excited...) this weekend but positioning to AMS early to spend some time there as we've never been before (other than to the airport for other ex-EU runs).

We will already be in transit when the OLCI facility opens with QR and therefore no access to a printer and I don't believe AMS is eligible for mobile boarding passes.

Is there any need to complete OLCI with QR? We have our seat allocations already and are happy with them - I just wanted to know if it made any tangible difference to just rocking up at the airport (we are checking bags anyway). I know with BA is supposedly protects you in case of overbooking etc.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Alex
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:49 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Anyone have any idea how long it takes QR to credit Qpoints and Qmiles for a BA flight? Finished my return trip itinerary on the 18th of September and have not received any word yet.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.