Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jxxelst
I have booked flights 2 SIN-DOH-LHR on separate bookings due to the different return dates. For one of the bookings, I linked it to the privilege club member, but it is not the name of the member, hence I chose the option - other passenger. After completing the booking, it seems that it had not asked for the passport number. For the other booking, because it's the member of the privilege club, passport number was automatically entered.

I would like to ask if there will be any implications to the ticket without the passport number? Or is there anyway to enter the passport number? Couldn't call the office due to the weekends. Tickets were booked during promotion period. Thank you.
You won't be able to check in (online or at a desk) until you present a valid passport.

There are no other implications.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:56 pm

What is considered the high season if flying from Montreal to Doha (as layover) to Karachi as final destination and back the same route?

I read somewhere that November - March is considered high season for Qatar but does it matter if it's only a layover in Doha?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but a bit of (possibly incompetent) searching hasn't found it.

Not my first time on QR, but first time on their 380 and 777.

What's the general advice on best J seats on A380? As it's 1-2-1 I'd take a window seat, I've currently selected 11K. There are plenty of seats further back in the cabin, should I stick with 11K or move? Hopefully I will get the A380 on LHR-DOH, have read about a few delays and aircraft changes recently, and I have a short connection...

Also have a few sectors on 777-300ER in J on the same trip. I've read a few people here recommending E/F seats to avoid having anyone step over you, or you doing the same. I've held a mixture of 3E and 6E (on a flight where the forward part of J was pretty full for centre seats). Good call, or is it not that bad getting round/over people and I could select a window?

Lastly, how strict are they on cabin baggage size? I avoid checking baggage if at all possible, and my larger (BA compliant) bag is a little bigger than the QR allowance, at 56x40x25. Likely to be any issues in J on these aircraft? My second piece would just be a briefcase. Have flown QR on A330/340 a couple of times with this bag and wasn't questioned, but thought I'd get some advice from the QR pros.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Mar 11, 2015 at 3:34 am
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Can only comment on hand luggage: should be a non-issue. I was never questioned, no matter how big really :=)

As for seating: I was wondering too, I'm due to fly on a 777 in J with 2 cabins - a smaller 3 row one after the galley and right before Y. Are those seats good? bad? Front section seems fairly full, so I'm thinking of moving my seat to the back cabin as to not to have a seat-neighbour.
Any experience from there? Noise from Y (bulkhead -> infants?) and proximity to the galley problematic or not?

It looks cosy back there, but I'm not sure about the proximity to galley AND Y-section...

(and yes: I'm aware there could be infants anywhere and I'm fine with it - I'm just talking probabilities here)
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but a bit of (possibly incompetent) searching hasn't found it.

Not my first time on QR, but first time on their 380 and 777.

What's the general advice on best J seats on A380? As it's 1-2-1 I'd take a window seat, I've currently selected 11K. There are plenty of seats further back in the cabin, should I stick with 11K or move? Hopefully I will get the A380 on LHR-DOH, have read about a few delays and aircraft changes recently, and I have a short connection...
Personally I'd stick with 11K. The further back you go the closer you get to the bar & 11K is a little way back from the front galley so should be quiet enough

Also have a few sectors on 777-300ER in J on the same trip. I've read a few people here recommending E/F seats to avoid having anyone step over you, or you doing the same. I've held a mixture of 3E and 6E (on a flight where the forward part of J was pretty full for centre seats). Good call, or is it not that bad getting round/over people and I could select a window?
it's actually not too bad getting around someone if you're in the window seat, but there's always a chance you get seated next to an extra tall person who doesn't leave a gap. When I'm with Mrs IM the window/aisle seats are great (I prefer them to the A380 because of the space), by myself I'd choose a centre seat. I prefer the front section to the rear section; as has been mentioned the rear section is directly in front of Y, specifically the bassinet seats in the first row of Y.

Lastly, how strict are they on cabin baggage size? I avoid checking baggage if at all possible, and my larger (BA compliant) bag is a little bigger than the QR allowance, at 56x40x25. Likely to be any issues in J on these aircraft? My second piece would just be a briefcase. Have flown QR on A330/340 a couple of times with this bag and wasn't questioned, but thought I'd get some advice from the QR pros.
I'm not a 'Pro' as such (not compared to the frequent business fliers on here anyway) but if what you've described is accurate I'd be very surprised if they question your hand luggage.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by impeymac
I prefer the front section to the rear section; as has been mentioned the rear section is directly in front of Y, specifically the bassinet seats in the first row of Y.
thanks! I'll stick to the front then.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:01 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Qatarairways.com - Does online seat selection work?

I have confirmed, paid and ticketed business class reservations booked direct with Qatar online for August 2015 LHR - BKK. Both flights on A380.

The seats allocated are 2 centre seats which I would like to swap to 2 window seats behind each other.

I have logged into my booking on the Qatar booking management system successfully. All the options to change flights, order special meals etc seem available and I can enter the seat selection option. The displayed seat maps show almost the entire cabin is available for selection. However the automatically allocated seats against both passengers seem locked out in a pale grey colour and can't be changed.

Is this normal? Is there a way to change the allocated seats online or do I need to phone Qatar customer service?

If it makes any difference the tickets are booked on a paid restricted business fare, booking class I. Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Many thanks zehbra and impeymac for the advice on seats and hand luggage. I will chance the hand luggage. Have made a few minor adjustments to seats based on the advice, will move back 2 rows to 14K on the A380, still well away from the bar but a little further from the galley too. Will try a window on one of the 777 sectors when I'm intending to sleep a lot. Let's face it, with the amount of BA J that I've flown, stepping over someone, if necessary, will hardly be a new experience for me...

Originally Posted by cwl
I have logged into my booking on the Qatar booking management system successfully. All the options to change flights, order special meals etc seem available and I can enter the seat selection option. The displayed seat maps show almost the entire cabin is available for selection. However the automatically allocated seats against both passengers seem locked out in a pale grey colour and can't be changed.

Is this normal? Is there a way to change the allocated seats online or do I need to phone Qatar customer service?

If it makes any difference the tickets are booked on a paid restricted business fare, booking class I. Thanks.
I'm obviously not a QR veteran so don't know what's normal, but on my above-mentioned booking I have been able to select and then modify my seats. Got an error message the first time, not sure if that was because I took too long or tried to amend seats on multiple sectors at the same time, but went back in and did it sector by sector, worked fine. My seats were never greyed out though, so you may have to call QR. My booking is a mixture of D and I class sectors, though I doubt that matters.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
I have confirmed, paid and ticketed business class reservations booked direct with Qatar online for August 2015 LHR - BKK. Both flights on A380.

The seats allocated are 2 centre seats which I would like to swap to 2 window seats behind each other.

As Oaxaca says, you should be able to change your seats through "Manage My Booking" at any time prior to flight - regardless of fare class. Make sure you click "Modify" on the main page though before trying to select new seats. If it doesn't work then give QR a call and they should be able to reassign for you. Enjoy your flights!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:45 pm

Apologies if these questions have been readily answered elsewhere.

I am doing some planning for a last-minute trip to Europe (probably Spain, Italy or UK) via DOH. It appears QR flies widebodies to most of these countries with the exception of the A320 to Venice.

Are the MAD, BCN, FCO, MXP and EDI frequencies all serviced by lie-flat J seats? I flew DOH-HKG on the new A330 J seat last year and would be very happy to fly that product again, but I would like to avoid the 170-degree J if possible.

Does QR offer PJs and amenity kits in J on its widebody European routes?

Does QR offer any special kids meals in J? or is it just the Y meal with better presentation?

Are there any areas in the DOH J lounge where one could grab 4-6 hours of sleep overnight in between a midnight arrival and a morning departure?

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fallinasleep
Apologies if these questions have been readily answered elsewhere.

I am doing some planning for a last-minute trip to Europe (probably Spain, Italy or UK) via DOH. It appears QR flies widebodies to most of these countries with the exception of the A320 to Venice.

Are the MAD, BCN, FCO, MXP and EDI frequencies all serviced by lie-flat J seats? I flew DOH-HKG on the new A330 J seat last year and would be very happy to fly that product again, but I would like to avoid the 170-degree J if possible.

Does QR offer PJs and amenity kits in J on its widebody European routes?

Does QR offer any special kids meals in J? or is it just the Y meal with better presentation?

Are there any areas in the DOH J lounge where one could grab 4-6 hours of sleep overnight in between a midnight arrival and a morning departure?

Thanks!
A lot of the QR A320 series now have full flat beds ā la the AA JFK-SFO/LAX transcons (the same J seat I believe). Recently I had a full flat bed, duvet, and pillows on the SOF-OTP forty-five minute tag.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum Eurobonus -Silver
Hi!
First time using my QR ff number, and I tried it in two different flights on Tuesday and Wednesday. Today is Friday and they donīt show up in my account yet, is that normal?
Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dania 1581
Hi!
First time using my QR ff number, and I tried it in two different flights on Tuesday and Wednesday. Today is Friday and they donīt show up in my account yet, is that normal?
Thanks
Hello!

IF your flight was on Qatar airways, they SHOULD post during/immediately after your flight. However, it CAN happen that they don't post, in which case I would advise you to wait a week or so; if nothing happens, write an email to [email protected].

IF your flight was on another oneworld airline, it's completely normal for the flights to take a while (several weeks) until they show up in your account.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Hi all,
A little confuse over the tier renewal criteria.

I have now 291 Qpoints, collecting from 4th OCT 2014 until today 14th MAR 2015.

I will be flying AA domestic US, all flights by 15th July 2015, those flights will give me around 20 Qpoints (total 311), that would make me become QR Privilege Gold.

So....
1.My Gold status will be valid from 16th July 2015 - 15th July 2016?
2.When is my next tier renewal period? I will just have to make it another 300 Qpoints between 16th July 2015 - 15th July 2016?
3.What if I make it another 300 Qpoints within AUG 2015 - DEC 2015?

Thank you very much for all the answers.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fallinasleep
1. Does QR offer PJs and amenity kits in J on its widebody European routes?

2. Does QR offer any special kids meals in J? or is it just the Y meal with better presentation?

3. Are there any areas in the DOH J lounge where one could grab 4-6 hours of sleep overnight in between a midnight arrival and a morning departure?

Thanks!
1. Amenity kits, yes ... PJs only on night flights.
2. I think the meal is different but both Y and J kids get the SpongeBob lunchbox thing. You can also order anything off the main menu in J for a kids meal.
3. I don't think there are any good sleeping spots in the lounge but there is an airside hotel. Book in advance if you plan to use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.