Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2021, 10:04 pm

This is change of travel date for an existing ticket.There was no available tickets for my orginal destination also and customer service representative gave me available seat for another us destination. I have asked for any other available us destination for any class. So he picked the available ticket for a different destination and that is what I have paid and got booking confirmation email
Old May 1, 2021, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Fency
This is change of travel date for an existing ticket.There was no available tickets for my orginal destination also and customer service representative gave me available seat for another us destination. I have asked for any other available us destination for any class. So he picked the available ticket for a different destination and that is what I have paid and got booking confirmation email
I am sorry to say, but apart from looking for a flight on the 2nd or another airline, and make sure to to get your money refunded there is not much you can do. A ticket is not fully confirmed until issued and there is a ticket number. The agent probably confirmed you in to an over booked seat that could not be issued.

Remember this is not a full ban. If you have a green card, certain family relations etc. you can still travel from India to the US. Last piece of action is to study the rules very carefully and see if there is an opening you can fall in under.
Old May 1, 2021, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Duplicate
Old May 9, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hi folks. I put my BA number on my reservation (R fare) to get seat selection and lounge. However, I'd actually rather credit the mileage to Alaska for the higher RDM. Is there a way to accomplish this while still keeping the reservation aware of my access to seat selection and lounge as OW Sapphire?

Wondering if it's safe now that I've selected seats to switch the number to AS, and at the lounge just present BA silver card with OW Sapphire?

Or perhaps if I call they can fill in FQTV and FQTS separately?
Old May 9, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Hi folks. I put my BA number on my reservation (R fare) to get seat selection and lounge. However, I'd actually rather credit the mileage to Alaska for the higher RDM. Is there a way to accomplish this while still keeping the reservation aware of my access to seat selection and lounge as OW Sapphire?

Wondering if it's safe now that I've selected seats to switch the number to AS, and at the lounge just present BA silver card with OW Sapphire?

Or perhaps if I call they can fill in FQTV and FQTS separately?
You should get status lounge access at Doha from your BA Silver (oneworld Sapphire) status. However, it's unlikely at outstation with non-oneworld member operated lounges as you'll either need a physical lounge invite from check-in or there's a list of approved pax.

Seat selection no, but everyone gets free selection when OLCI opens.

You can try calling it but the chances that they will do that or know how to do that are slim.
SamirD and ISTFlyer like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by realgaga
You should get status lounge access at Doha from your BA Silver (oneworld Sapphire) status. However, it's unlikely at outstation with non-oneworld member operated lounges as you'll either need a physical lounge invite from check-in or there's a list of approved pax.

Seat selection no, but everyone gets free selection when OLCI opens.

You can try calling it but the chances that they will do that or know how to do that are slim.
Thanks for the reply. I should be fine at SFO and DOH then with my BA card. For MLE, it's fine as I don't think the lounge is anything amazing.

It looks like my seat selection has stuck even after changing back to the AS number online.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
For MLE, it's fine as I don't think the lounge is anything amazing.
You're missing absolutely nothing by skipping the MLE lounge.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks for the reply. I should be fine at SFO and DOH then with my BA card. For MLE, it's fine as I don't think the lounge is anything amazing.

It looks like my seat selection has stuck even after changing back to the AS number online.
At SFO, you would need to clear security twice to access the AA Admirals Club, however, you wouldn't have any issues accessing the lounge with your BAEC card.

At DOH, QR wouldn't let you in to the Al Mourjan Lounge ( or status lounges ) unless the boarding pass shows your BA status. They would most likely replace the AS number with your BA number at the lounge entry and you wouldn't know where your miles would go to. QR IT is not perfect and agents are not familiar with FQTS, FQTV, etc... thus I would avoid switching FFP's on QR.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
You're missing absolutely nothing by skipping the MLE lounge.
I don't know, I find the terminal to be even more dreary than the lounge. So while nothing special, you can sit in a less hectic environment.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 4:05 pm

Does anyone know how you can put your Privilege Club digital membership card in Apple Wallet? I read a press statement from back in 2016 saying it would now be available for Apple Wallet, but can't seem to find an option in the QR app to do so.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Hi all, I'm an AA flyer who picked up a SEA-DOH-ATH ticket on the MPMEMBERS sale a couple months ago; figured it was fully refundable so I might or might not make the trip. Now that Greece looks to be fully opened up, I think I'm going. But there's an overnight in Doha both ways, and now I have questions:

1. Is it true that there is simply no leaving the airport for a US citizen, regardless of vaccination/testing status!? That seems...bizarre. Interested in whether there are any exceptions, like a visa I can apply for or something; also whether there's any chance that might change by 5/26 (or by the 6/1 return for that matter).
2. What lounges are available in DOH for an AA EXP (OW Emerald) flying QA's "classic" business class fare? I can't tell from the website what's actually open, and the customer service rep I just spoke to was impressively rude and literally would not answer the question "which lounges are currently open?" and instead directed me to contact American Airlines.
3. Do any of the lounges have beds or something halfway suitable for sleeping? Do they have decent food?
4. Other than the lounges are there decent options for spending 14 hours overnight?

I realize this is kind of basic stuff. I did try to call and figure it out, but as I said that experience was unenlightening. Really bummed about the entry thing; was really looking forward to a stay in a nice hotel in the city and a nice dinner. Now I'm wondering if this airport purgatory is going to be so awful I should just cancel the whole trip. Any advice would be most appreciated.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
Hi all, I'm an AA flyer who picked up a SEA-DOH-ATH ticket on the MPMEMBERS sale a couple months ago; figured it was fully refundable so I might or might not make the trip. Now that Greece looks to be fully opened up, I think I'm going. But there's an overnight in Doha both ways, and now I have questions:

1. Is it true that there is simply no leaving the airport for a US citizen, regardless of vaccination/testing status!? That seems...bizarre. Interested in whether there are any exceptions, like a visa I can apply for or something; also whether there's any chance that might change by 5/26 (or by the 6/1 return for that matter).
2. What lounges are available in DOH for an AA EXP (OW Emerald) flying QA's "classic" business class fare? I can't tell from the website what's actually open, and the customer service rep I just spoke to was impressively rude and literally would not answer the question "which lounges are currently open?" and instead directed me to contact American Airlines.
3. Do any of the lounges have beds or something halfway suitable for sleeping? Do they have decent food?
4. Other than the lounges are there decent options for spending 14 hours overnight?

I realize this is kind of basic stuff. I did try to call and figure it out, but as I said that experience was unenlightening. Really bummed about the entry thing; was really looking forward to a stay in a nice hotel in the city and a nice dinner. Now I'm wondering if this airport purgatory is going to be so awful I should just cancel the whole trip. Any advice would be most appreciated.
1. The State of Qatar is closed for US citizens regardless of testing/vaccination status. They are not allowing visitors except for several exemptions. There is no visa that you could apply to enter the State of Qatar for solely for transfer purposes at this time. The same would have applied if you are transferring a country in the Far East, Southeastern Asia or the Schengen area that doesn't allow Americans.
2. You would be able to use the Al Mourjan Business Lounge as QR is currently doing a goodwill gesture allowing all status passengers regardless of fare bucket into the Al Mourjan Business Lounge. If the goodwill gesture ends by then ( not likely ), you would be able to visit the QR First Class status lounge with your AA EXP status or the Al Maha Services Lounge if you have PriorityPass.
3. The Al Mourjan Business Lounge has proper food which is outstanding and also has private sleeping cubicles that are assigned for people with longer layovers. The cubicles don't have beds but has sleeper sofas.
4. If you need a proper bed, you would need to pay for the Oryx Airport Hotel on your own expense or there are sleeping pods available for your use.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HLCinCOU

1. No you can't leave the airport. The border is closed at the moment. I don't see why this is so bizarre. That is the case for a very long list of countries around the world. As you note, Greece only just opened their border.
2. Currently it seems that only the Al Mourjan is open, so that is the lounge option. If traffic picks up there is a risk that the first class lounge (read lounge for emerald members in Y or Classic J fares), and then that will be the lounge option.
3. Al Mourjan has a sleeping area with day beds, while not great certainly better than nothing. Food and drinks are good. If the first class lounge opens, there are sort of lounger chairs, but nothing more advanced than that. Food and drink is OK but compared to Al Mourjan, a much lower level.
4. There is an airside transit hotel which could be a much better sleeping option.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Snip

2. You would be able to use the Al Mourjan Business Lounge as QR is currently doing a goodwill gesture allowing all status passengers regardless of fare bucket into the Al Mourjan Business Lounge. If the goodwill gesture ends by then ( not likely ), you would be able to visit the QR First Class status lounge with your AA EXP status or the Al Maha Services Lounge if you have PriorityPass.
Snip
On a side note

As traffic could seem to start picking towards summer, US, UK and EU seem to be allowed to travel more, you don't expect the status lounge to gradually become relevant again? Of course traffic development needs to come, but I would guess that the reopening is approaching being a real possibility, and not quite as far of any longer.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Thanks folks, sounds like the Al Mourjan is gonna do the trick. Good food, day beds and a shower sounds more than satisfactory. Also, I take your point regarding entry; I see a ton of stories of things opening up, and of course mainly I was paying attention to Greece...so it just seemed weird to me. But I agree, objectively closure is still widespread so my surprise was misplaced.

Anyway, thanks again for the tips. Shame I won't get to see the city, but at least now it sounds like a tolerable layover on the way to the real destination.
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.