Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC
You have a good chance to be sat together, unless the central Qsuite seats are all preallocated to groups with high dare buckets, status or who have paid for preselected seats. It would be a gamble with no guarantees.
MsEllie likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by plunet
You have a good chance to be sat together, unless the central Qsuite seats are all preallocated to groups with high dare buckets, status or who have paid for preselected seats. It would be a gamble with no guarantees.
Will they not accommodate a request like this at the check-in counter?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SamirD
Will they not accommodate a request like this at the check-in counter?
They would accommodate this request but there is a risk that all center quads could be taken by then.

Until online check-in starts, the OP needs to pay for a quad ( 4x seat selection fee ).
48 hours before departure, when OLCI starts; the OP would be able to select available quads if he hasn't paid for seat selection.
SamirD and MsEllie like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 5:39 pm
wsc

If you book a J reward flight with QR, one way, with stopover in Doha, say 17hr stopover, do you get free hotel? I have a choice to do a shorter stopover when booking.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by wsc
If you book a J reward flight with QR, one way, with stopover in Doha, say 17hr stopover, do you get free hotel? I have a choice to do a shorter stopover when booking.
The free stopover hotel service is currently suspended and there is no information on when it would resume
SamirD and wsc like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:00 pm
wsc

When I search 4x Doha-London J reward on QR website, it only shows Flexi award. When I search 3x, normal reward seats are available. This makes me think only 3 reward seats available.

However, when I search on BA website redemption, that flight has 4 available at normal prices (well BA's normal prices which is 60k miles vs, QR's 40k).

Is this normal or a glitch? Or does BA have a diff pool of flights.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:28 am

I'm thinking of flying AMS-DOH-CPT on May 2nd. The QR website says all flights are in Q-Suites, but ExpertFlyer shows a business class of only 24 seats? Does QR have a 777-300ER with only 24 Q-Suites or will I get the old 2-2-2 cabin?
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
I'm thinking of flying AMS-DOH-CPT on May 2nd. The QR website says all flights are in Q-Suites, but ExpertFlyer shows a business class of only 24 seats? Does QR have a 777-300ER with only 24 Q-Suites or will I get the old 2-2-2 cabin?
Seat layout on Expertflyer is very clearly Q Suites. So apparently there is a 24 seat Q Suite 77W
Passportinonehand likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by wsc
When I search 4x Doha-London J reward on QR website, it only shows Flexi award. When I search 3x, normal reward seats are available. This makes me think only 3 reward seats available.

However, when I search on BA website redemption, that flight has 4 available at normal prices (well BA's normal prices which is 60k miles vs, QR's 40k).

Is this normal or a glitch? Or does BA have a diff pool of flights.
The availability of seats depends on how many reward seat spaces are released from the operating airline to the FFP. Each airline chooses the pricing for the flights, so each mile isn't equal across different airlines. Therefore, it's QR's pricing and not a glitch.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:02 am
wsc

Originally Posted by realgaga
The availability of seats depends on how many reward seat spaces are released from the operating airline to the FFP. Each airline chooses the pricing for the flights, so each mile isn't equal across different airlines. Therefore, it's QR's pricing and not a glitch.
Thanks. Yeathe pricing I know is set by the airline. But strange how BA has more reward availability over QR does.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:44 pm

Hello, a couple questions. My voucher expires on June 12th, 2022. Am I correct that I need to USE the voucher before that date, and not simply book a trip by that date?

Also, do I need to complete my round trip on or before June 12th, or do I simply need to start my itinerary by then? Thanks for any assistance.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Travis123
Hello, a couple questions. My voucher expires on June 12th, 2022. Am I correct that I need to USE the voucher before that date, and not simply book a trip by that date?

Also, do I need to complete my round trip on or before June 12th, or do I simply need to start my itinerary by then? Thanks for any assistance.
You just need to use the value stored, either by booking a trip or using it for purchasing ancillaries, by the expiry date.
Travis123 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
You just need to use the value stored, either by booking a trip or using it for purchasing ancillaries, by the expiry date.
Thank you very much. Just to be clear, with a June 12th 2022 expiration date, I could book a trip on June 11th 2022 for travel in March of 2023?
Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travis123
Thank you very much. Just to be clear, with a June 12th 2022 expiration date, I could book a trip on June 11th 2022 for travel in March of 2023?
Yes
Travis123 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 4:46 pm
Suspended

I just checked in for my sfo-doh-mle flight in q suites booked via AA. The person who checked me in at sfo said we wouldnt have lounge access in doha. I booked an award ticket back in May of 2020 so im a little confused.

i thought that it had been confirmed that award tickets DO get lounge access? I also thought that the R fare class came into effect well after i booked. Any policies/announcements i can point to when i arrive in doha or are we sol? Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.