Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
As of Midnight May 16/May 17 the lounge bars are no longer serving alcohol for the next month. Enjoy your transits.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Anyone know what will be served on the red eye Bangkok-DOH, departure around 2:30am arriving into DOH around 5:30am...
If you're talking about Y food, it should be the usual carton pastry box after take off and beakfeast before landing.
If you're talking about J food, reading QR J menus 2018 should give you an idea.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
If you're talking about Y food, it should be the usual carton pastry box after take off and beakfeast before landing.
If you're talking about J food, reading QR J menus 2018 should give you an idea.
Y I'm talking about Sorry. Was in a rush typing my previous post. Thanks anyway.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Is there a relatively cost efficient way to fly North America to Europe with QR in J? It seems to only be doable with a multi-stop itinerary, not round-trip, and the price is about the same as two separate tickets NA-Doha RT and Doha-Europe RT. I know I am comparing apples to oranges because pricing depends on origin and destination, but if I can fly NA-Asia for $4-5k in J is there not a way to get a price that even approaches that with final destination Europe rather than Asia, which is about the same distance flown?
Old May 18, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
Is there a relatively cost efficient way to fly North America to Europe with QR in J? It seems to only be doable with a multi-stop itinerary, not round-trip, and the price is about the same as two separate tickets NA-Doha RT and Doha-Europe RT. I know I am comparing apples to oranges because pricing depends on origin and destination, but if I can fly NA-Asia for $4-5k in J is there not a way to get a price that even approaches that with final destination Europe rather than Asia, which is about the same distance flown?
You can get to South East Europe (e.g. Athens) starting from USD3000. example JFK-ATH USD 3,090.50: https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=s...05*.USD.309051
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 6:53 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by JC880
You can get to South East Europe (e.g. Athens) starting from USD3000. example JFK-ATH USD 3,090.50: https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=s...05*.USD.309051
Using JFK as the origin, like in your example: on QR's website, it looks like some destinations cities are allowed based on JFK as the origin (like ATH, IST), but others are not allowed, for example LHR and CDG. When you type in LHR or CDG, nobody comes up ("no city matching your request"). So if you want to fly to LHR or CDG you need a multi-city itinerary and the price will be very high. I am assuming that there is no way around this? They must have drawn a line somewhere on the map such that JFK-ATH or JFK-IST is allowed, but other cities in higher north or further west are not allowed for a round-trip.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL MM
What will be the meal service on QR744, leaving Boston at 22:59 and arriving in Doha at 1745?

Dinner, Breakfast?

Snack, Breakfast?

Snack, Lunch?

Dinner, Lunch?
Old May 20, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DENMILLIONMILER
What will be the meal service on QR744, leaving Boston at 22:59 and arriving in Doha at 1745?

Dinner, Breakfast?

Snack, Breakfast?

Snack, Lunch?

Dinner, Lunch?
Try this...

forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1883450-qr-j-menus-2018-a-2.html
Old May 20, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL MM
Originally Posted by impeymac
Try this...

forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1883450-qr-j-menus-2018-a-2.html
Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned that I am traveling in Y class, not Business.

QR Flight 744 has been rescheduled to leave Boston at 2259, which is almost two hours later than previously scheduled. Given the very late departure time, will the order of the meals be any different?

Thanks
Old May 21, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, IHG Gold
Hello all, I will be flying BKK-DOH-MAD roundtrip next month. I am QR Silver right now, but during my first segment, BKK-DOH, I will technically have enough to go from QR Silver to Gold (current points: 285. BKK-DOH segment is 16 points). Question is, would that immediately allow me to access the business lounge in DOH before flying to MAD, or do I have to wait until I reach Madrid and let the system change my status to QR Gold first? Thank you for anyone's help!
Old May 21, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Werckmeister
Hello all, I will be flying BKK-DOH-MAD roundtrip next month. I am QR Silver right now, but during my first segment, BKK-DOH, I will technically have enough to go from QR Silver to Gold (current points: 285. BKK-DOH segment is 16 points). Question is, would that immediately allow me to access the business lounge in DOH before flying to MAD, or do I have to wait until I reach Madrid and let the system change my status to QR Gold first? Thank you for anyone's help!
The points would need to post to your account before the status takes effect. So probably for the return journey.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:09 pm

IIRC you could get access to the Business Class Lounge as QR Silver, but not AM...
Old May 22, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Werckmeister
QR flights Qpoints are usually posted a few minutes after take off, so you should get your gold status before landing in DOH but gold and silver share the same lounge in DOH...
Old May 22, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, IHG Gold
Ah thank you all, I missed somehow that QR Silver can also access the lounge! Whoops, that would have been good to know when I went through Doha last time... Then no worries, I won't have to worry about Silver/Gold status then - much appreciated!
Old May 28, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: EY, TG basic levels ; QRPC platinum
sorry if the question has already been asked ... where on the QR website can I find the number of QCredits needed for an upgrade? I read that they have been "enhanced" too since May 27
thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.