Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Akbar Al Baker spotted sitting in the Wing F which I suppose is sort of a QR outstation lounge, do I win a prize?! ��
Bumped into Akbar Al Baker @the AS with his huge entourage in 2016, I told him what a great lounge lol
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Best Lounge at Heathrow T4? MH or QR?

Apologies if this has been asked before or the wrong thread. I found lots on T3 and T5 lounges, but not T4. Lots here appear to fly QR J a fair amount so any advice would be appreciated..

I am flying in QR J for the first time out of Heathrow and I'm on QR6 next month, so 8am departure. Do you think the MH business or QR business lounge is the better option? (I understand you can access the SkyTeam one too, although I have been in that with Priority Pass and nothing special. I assume worse than QR/MH?)

I likely won't have time to see both due to the early departure and I have not been in either before.

Do you think either is going to be better for that time in the morning and breakfast service? I was under the impression probably QR, as OW elites don't have access and shared with F, unlike MH lounge on both cases?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Qr is exceptional!
george77300 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
Qatar Lounge wins by a mile. Attentive at seat service, restaurant dining(admit never been in for an early flight) and a deli area.
The lounge is one of my favourites at LHR. It would beat the Cathay First lounge if they started serving won tons.
orbitmic, nufnuf77 and george77300 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ianjr
Qatar Lounge wins by a mile. Attentive at seat service, restaurant dining(admit never been in for an early flight) and a deli area.
The lounge is one of my favourites at LHR. It would beat the Cathay First lounge if they started serving won tons.
Only LHR lounge is QR where I got steak medium rare!
stewaran and Abyssin like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Only LHR lounge is QR where I got steak medium rare!
Nice, you can’t even get that at the Al Safwa first class lounge in Doha...all the steak is precooked in another building.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I would say the QR LHR lounge is the best lounge to be found in London full stop and probably the best J lounge I've been in anywhere. Enjoy!

This made me look forward to my March QR flight before I realized I'm leaving from CDG.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:13 pm

QR Lounge does a great breakfast.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mr_botak
QR Lounge does a great breakfast.
Great as on the 8am LHR-DOH next week - after reading about the steak a few posts up I was starting to wish I had booked a later flight !
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Hi all, does anyone know the latest situation at Helsinki? The Finnair lounges are all in various states of refurbishment/closure, with no access to non-AY pax. BA uses Almost@home in the Non-Schengen area. The QR webpage lists the Aspire lounge, which is in the Schengen area, and closes at 21:00 - not much good for the late night QR308. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: Qatar Airways - GOLD
You can send them a msg on social network, they reply fast in general. Had same type of question with the MNL lounge access 2w ago and they replied via FB messenger within 1h.

Julien
kt74 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by kt74
Hi all, does anyone know the latest situation at Helsinki? The Finnair lounges are all in various states of refurbishment/closure, with no access to non-AY pax. BA uses Almost@home in the Non-Schengen area. The QR webpage lists the Aspire lounge, which is in the Schengen area, and closes at 21:00 - not much good for the late night QR308. Thanks in advance.
Was in HEL over the weekend. Used both the Almost@home lounge (where there is QR branding near to the entrance) which was okay (the only shower in the non-Shengen area is here too) and the Finnair business class lounge should be accessible too. The Finnair lounge has somewhat limited food at the moment owing to a refurb of the Finnair Premium lounge.

I was flying in business class on BA and have BA Silver (OWS) I accessed both with no issues.
kt74 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kt74
Both Finnair and Aspire lounges are not really good, you may be better of by mixing with the masses in the adjacent common cafes nearby, plus overcrowded corridors and halls of HEL usually dry out closer to your time of departure, but so goes the closure of the shops and bars. Seems like Finns are not considering 'staying late to serve' concept very necessary, as you must be wrapping up your travel earlier, and if you are not, you can allow to suffer for it. On top, overtime labour cost is enormous, the flow will not justify it commercially. I had a lot of after midnight departures, sometimes you walk hundreds meters without seeing a single passenger not even mentioning any stuff. Place looks as empty as a Gobi desert.
kt74 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Gobber
Both Finnair and Aspire lounges are not really good, you may be better of by mixing with the masses in the adjacent common cafes nearby, plus overcrowded corridors and halls of HEL usually dry out closer to your time of departure, but so goes the closure of the shops and bars. Seems like Finns are not considering 'staying late to serve' concept very necessary, as you must be wrapping up your travel earlier, and if you are not, you can allow to suffer for it. On top, overtime labour cost is enormous, the flow will not justify it commercially. I had a lot of after midnight departures, sometimes you walk hundreds meters without seeing a single passenger not even mentioning any stuff. Place looks as empty as a Gobi desert.
Having slept in the airport on Saturday night, I can concur. All of the shops and cafes etc were shut, there was one restaurant open past midnight (and seemingly all night) and that particular restaurant only had one member of staff there overnight. The whole airport was deserted other than the handful of people (at most 10-15 in the non-Shengen area that I saw [4 of which were doing a Tier Point run on BA]) who were sleeping in the terminal and one or two cleaners.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I would say the QR LHR lounge is the best lounge to be found in London full stop and probably the best J lounge I've been in anywhere. Enjoy!

This made me look forward to my March QR flight before I realized I'm leaving from CDG.
Don't fret, the CDG lounge is just as good . I think I marginally prefer CDG actually as it has better light and outdoor space.
EuropeanPete and Abyssin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.