Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 4:26 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
The carbon footprint for this event seems to be getting rather large. I hope all those that are confirmed are also germinating a tree to plant as part of their offset.

Now I know this is a sensitive topic, but I mention it only to flag it as a possible issue. Many here know what happened in SYD afew years ago with "another" event. What is the possibility of the same problem occurring again?

Should QF management be informed ahead of time and should consideration be given to having a QF representative address the group (early) on a topic of interest?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 4:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
The carbon footprint for this event seems to be getting rather large. I hope all those that are confirmed are also germinating a tree to plant as part of their offset.
I am totally free of quilt as we are about to purchase 100% green power for our domestic electricity. Likewise, our friendly builder is installing a 2000 litre water tank (at huge cost ), and our house has so much insulation in the roof that there is no room for anything else. I ride my bike to work (saving 4 litres of petrol per day). The trees in the back garden are suffering because I hug them so often. So, while I am contributing to the whole problem, I hope that I can sleep slightly easier than some others in this land.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... Should QF management be informed ahead of time and should consideration be given to having a QF representative address the group (early) on a topic of interest?
IIRC, The last two years, QF WP asked for and received permission for the meet.
Originally Posted by QF WP
... Where: BNE Domestic QP, in the FT Corner.
I will be approaching QF BNE QP Management to get the okay for us to meet. ...
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:24 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by og
I am totally free of quilt as we are about to purchase 100% green power for our domestic electricity. Likewise, our friendly builder is installing a 2000 litre water tank (at huge cost ), and our house has so much insulation in the roof that there is no room for anything else. I ride my bike to work (saving 4 litres of petrol per day). The trees in the back garden are suffering because I hug them so often. So, while I am contributing to the whole problem, I hope that I can sleep slightly easier than some others in this land.
I feel a bit of dooner myself when I fly
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
I feel a bit of dooner myself when I fly
I was expecting someone to pick up that one
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:58 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by og
I was expecting someone to pick up that one
I suppose there can be a blanket answer to most comments here
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
GoldFlyer fear not, serfty is quite correct. Willyroo put me in touch with the BNE QP Manager and each year I have contacted her (email and verbally) and have received her blessing once disclosing the numbers and status.

After ozfest III, we have become much closer to QF Management with regard to these meetings.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Hmm - put me down as Bronze

I am just working out how this might be put together. If I have to go to NY at the end of Jan I could add this to the end of the DONE4 and maybe come up for a few drinks and head straight back home...

Hmm QF 174 up (he he skybed to BNE), lunch in the city with friends and then QF553 home...

Status AA EXP and probably QF SG and potentially (subject to long term 2008 travel plans) QF WP.

Last edited by simongr; Aug 21, 2007 at 7:06 pm Reason: Inclusion of status
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:19 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
The carbon footprint for this event ?
There are probably more serious environment effects associate with this event. The consumption of liquids means many hundreds of litres of the most precious natural resource in the Brisbane area will be flushed down the drain. Lets hope the BNE QP is using recycled water in the lavs by then .
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by NM
There are probably more serious environment effects associate with this event. The consumption of liquids means many hundreds of litres of the most precious natural resource in the Brisbane area will be flushed down the drain. Lets hope the BNE QP is using recycled water in the lavs by then .
When I first read this (too quickly) I thought you meant the QP is recycling the amber liquid
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:26 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
When I first read this (too quickly) I thought you meant the QP is recycling the amber liquid
well in a way I guess it could be. BNE is not too far from Luggage Point where there is ample supplies of recyclable liquid (and not so liquid) material.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Unhhh...
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:28 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
oooh yes we all remember ozfest III... well those of us "lucky" enough to be there to experience what occured. It's good to know that QF would be aprised and aware... but of course *I* still maintain that if I come in as a legitimate QC member, with a boarding pass for a flight that day, AND I bring in a guest per their rules and happen to see some friends and we get chatting how is that a violation of any of their rules. Heck isn't that half the reason for the QC anyway?

Anyhoo QF need not worry much about me. Due to fluid restrictions and crap my limit is about 1 beer anyway *sigh*
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:01 am

I've cut onion and pulses from my diet, and to keep this QF related and not fall foul of Mr Roo, I also shower and launder (QF blankets) at the same time - not to throw a wet blanket over the discussion.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:49 am

...or a Poison Blanket Recall as jsut reported in the SMH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.