Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
It seems the number of people on QF175 might be quite substantial soon. In case we are more than 15 people maybe we should also talk to the QF SYD F lounge management about this since we would be taking up almost the entire breakfast section.
Does anyone have a relevant contact for this?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Depending on GoldFlyer who is not committing to what flight he is on.

My count for QF175 is 8 (*s are WP):
DownUnderFlyer*, Aus_Mal*, littl_flier, BundyBear, OzTraveller*, Skoogle, moa999*, futaris

(futaris connecting from 0830 arrival at T3 so may struggle to make the QP)

So at this point don't think numbers are ridicuously large although agree that any increase in numbers may begin to cause some issues.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 6:47 pm

NB, I'm going to have to put myself down as Silver at this stage. I'm still toying with the idea of doing a day-turnaround as a QFF award and have other things that weekend.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:05 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by moa999
Depending on GoldFlyer who is not committing to what flight he is on.

My count for QF175 is 8 (*s are WP):
DownUnderFlyer*, Aus_Mal*, littl_flier, BundyBear, OzTraveller*, Skoogle, moa999*, futaris

(futaris connecting from 0830 arrival at T3 so may struggle to make the QP)

So at this point don't think numbers are ridicuously large although agree that any increase in numbers may begin to cause some issues.
Alright, I didn't realize people were so anxious to find out if I was on the same flight as them but then perhaps you are all a little anxious sharing a plane with me .

I am booked on QF175 and upgraded to J through a friend in travel . Flying back on 553 on points. Now I hope you have flexible tickets those nervous ones out there .
Old Oct 15, 2007, 4:08 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
I'm travelling
MEL - BNE 23rd Feb QF 612 Dep 1005 Arr 1110
BNE - MEL 24th Feb QF 621 Dep 1250 Arr 1610

^
Old Oct 15, 2007, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
I'm travelling
MEL - BNE 23rd Feb QF 612 Dep 1005 Arr 1110
BNE - MEL 24th Feb QF 621 Dep 1250 Arr 1610

^
My flights are at 1405 Sat and 1450 Sun.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by serfty
My flights are at 1405 Sat and 1450 Sun.
Just don't mention the election if you're up for a change - air rage may ensue .
Old Oct 16, 2007, 2:54 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Just don't mention the election if you're up for a change - air rage may ensue .
A sweeping statement if ever I've heard one!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:08 am

I subscribe to the Quentin Crisp theory of:
There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.
So I guess that takes sweeping out of the equation - although you are welcome to pop around and do a bit of hoovering whilst I'm away .
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:39 am

I subscribe to the Quentin Crisp theory of: So I guess that takes sweeping out of the equation - although you are welcome to pop around and do a bit of hoovering whilst I'm away .
I guess that depends upon where your 'In Exile' has you located.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:11 am

I guess that depends upon where your 'In Exile' has you located.
Well, if you are a true FT member, then a MR would be a welcome prospect regardless of my location .
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:54 am

Talking

Well, if you are a true FT member, then a MR would be a welcome prospect regardless of my location .
True, however one RTW pa is my current limit and I've done one this year.
You'll have to wait until next year!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Nah, I'll be voting early as I'll be in WLG that Saturday. My only comment about elections is how to save the Federal government money by never giving one's primary vote to any candidate/party that's likely to get more than 4% of said primary votes. Thereby depriving the more popular candidates/parties of a piece of the slush fund they have anointed upon themselves.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by serfty
Nah, I'll be voting early as I'll be in WLG that Saturday. My only comment about elections is how to save the Federal government money by never giving one's primary vote to any candidate/party that's likely to get more than 4% of said primary votes. Thereby depriving the more popular candidates/parties of a piece of the slush fund they have anointed upon themselves.
Good points serfty. We must not lose sight of the fact that they are ALL just politicians after all!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:22 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
True, however one RTW pa is my current limit and I've done one this year.
You'll have to wait until next year!
Just wait until you also keep status with the Dark Side (or even get it through status match) - in the event that you leave OW. That'll enforce the rule of multiple RTWs each year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.