Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, 24 Feb 07

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 2:10 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Sorry had to decamp early, but great to put some faces to the names from FT. I look forward to seeing the full minutes of the AGM and what moving motions were proposed! I hope to catch up again soon in a QP somewhere.....
Thanks again, Matt
Old Feb 24, 2007, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by QF WP
As minutes secretary, I can confirm the following attendees at present.
+2

JohnSydney2000 turned up as promised about 4pm.

anat0l's flight arrived in time for the remaining attendees to have a quick chat and drink with him.

anat0l, Hope your bags were all sorted ok!
shillard, Hope your flight wasn't delayed any more!

Twas a great afternoon like usual. Great to meet up with those I know and those I don't know (but now will hopefully remember ... but may forget. Sorry if that happens )

Like previous meetings, always good to hear the war stories and other information that helps with planning trips away and maximising the flying experience.

I'll see most of you in Melbourne for OzFest, but twas good to chat to you all.

BTW - Thanks Qantas. The BNE staff are always friendly, but I was impressed at the good natured spirit of the staff there tonight.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 3:48 pm

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Thumbs up

Thanks all for the good company
Old Feb 24, 2007, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Got home nice and safely 11:30pm ... smooth two hour flight with quite a nice pasta and meat ball dish to top me off. ^

Greate to meet you all again; looking forward to next year's.

Just a thought as I travelled home last night, perhaps the Saturday may work better; next year that would be the 23rd ...)

AUS_MAL, I think I've sussed to two D Class segments; will continue investigations.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:03 pm

Thanks for JohnSydney2000 and Aus_Mal for waiting at Gate 23 for me to disembark. Next time the AGM comes up and I'm flying I'll keep in mind to try and book a seat which is near the front of the cabin - but when that happens OLCI better be working correctly!!!

"Mr anat0l"...ahhh that's classic! I think some people must have been staring thinking what kind of name was that to wait for.

FYI bags arrived OK. When I came down the baggage claim was completely bare and after grabbing one of the bags my other two came out not long after. [Aside: If you must know, I had to cough up $22 to carry that much. Looks like I couldn't sweet talk the nice lady at PER to let me through!]

Second to many of the comments here it was good to meet (especially for my first time) and get to see some faces next to the call-signs here and at AFF (where I have more posts). Only my second time in QP and didn't get a lot of time to sample the grub & grog, but nice to meet you all in a - shall we say (at least compared to PER) - more relaxed environment.

Take care all. "Have a pleasant flight."

EDIT: serfty, the pasta and meatballs must be the same one I had (label is Tagatelle with Italian Meatballs). Our other option was "chicken with shitake mushrooms, rice and vegetables", but looking at another pax's example I immediately saw there was too much rice and overboiled vegetables. Not taking a chance that the chicken might also be bland I took the pasta.

I have a photo of the meal tray from that flight!

Last edited by anat0l; Feb 24, 2007 at 9:14 pm Reason: Added comment arising from serfty's post
Old Feb 25, 2007, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anat0l
EDIT: serfty, the pasta and meatballs must be the same one I had (label is Tagatelle with Italian Meatballs). Our other option was "chicken with shitake mushrooms, rice and vegetables", but looking at another pax's example I immediately saw there was too much rice and overboiled vegetables. Not taking a chance that the chicken might also be bland I took the pasta.

I have a photo of the meal tray from that flight!
That's be the label alright.

Looks like I was lucky, as there is only the one standard WHY meal choice on BNE-MEL meal flights.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Originally Posted by serfty

Looks like I was lucky, as there is only the one standard WHY meal choice on BNE-MEL meal flights.
Sounds the same as the meal I had on QF 559. Didn't look at the label, probably would have seen two of them anyway Seat 12D was comfortable even though 12E was occupied. For once I was glad I didn't get an op up because I couldn't have handled the glass of red I would have been tempted to drink.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.

And being a Saturday, cash would have been needed for the accompanying glass of red!
Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Well, SFSC and I were first in, last out - no stamina amongst the rest of you (particularly thadocta - AWOL).

Well, my late stay had more to do with a JQ aircraft change than stamina, but I digress....

Good to meet those of you I hadn't met before, I may have to put in an appearance @ ozfest now - and this time I promise I'll bring the T-shirt.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by mattm199
And being a Saturday, cash would have been needed for the accompanying glass of red!
Actually my bottle of red was free! I would have pilfered a white too, but I fell asleep. When I woke up it was too late to ask for one.

I have a nice little skill in pilfering bottles (and wine glasses! )
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:28 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Thanks to QF WP for organising the afternoon with the Qantas staff. Good to see Iain John, Mal, QF WP, Serfty, NM, SFSC again. Seems like more than half of the original attendees turned up again and those original FT AGM members who didn't turn up actually posted in the thread.

It was good to see some new people, Shillard, Matt, anat0l and AndersB who I had never met before.

For those members who could not attend maybe we will see you next year.

Shillard blame QR for such a early line close, they could of had the line open for another half hour which would be better timing with the closing of the Qantas Club for the evening. @:-)

Some important notes;
Some members actually flew Jetstar last year,
Did Iain F fly the most last year over 130 segments,
AFF seems to come up first when searching for Australian frequent flier programs,
If something important is posted on AFF can someone please post it on FT,
Now everyone will have to look at AFF in the coming weeks.
QF WP has an interesting way of replacing his FT T-Shirt
Saturday 23 Feb 2008 was suggested for next years event.

Thanks again to everyone in attendance and to the Qantas Club staff ^
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ahhh, so minutes were taken, but are they are true and correct statement about what happened!

Will have to pencil in 23 Feb
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Some important notes;
Some members actually flew Jetstar last year,
Did Iain F fly the most last year over 130 segments,
AFF seems to come up first when searching for Australian frequent flier programs,
If something important is posted on AFF can someone please post it on FT,
Now everyone will have to look at AFF in the coming weeks.
QF WP has an interesting way of replacing his FT T-Shirt
Saturday 23 Feb 2008 was suggested for next years event. ...
Originally Posted by perthite
Will have to pencil in 23 Feb
There's a sale on covering that date until Monday 6th with lots of availability all weekend; I'm Gunna get in early. MEL $119, SYD $89 ADL $120, PER $259, DRW $179 etc e/w,

Calling QF WP, our meeting organizer of renown, time to fire up a 6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 08 thread.

Cheers ...
Old Aug 3, 2007, 7:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
There's a sale on covering that date until Monday 6th with lots of availability all weekend; I'm Gunna get in early. MEL $119, SYD $89 ADL $120, PER $259, DRW $179 etc e/w,

Calling QF WP, our meeting organizer of renown, time to fire up a 6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 08 thread.
I'll probably be going, but I may be relocating to MEL between now and then, so will have to wait to see what happens with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.