Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, 24 Feb 07

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:12 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Would a poorly NB be welcome?

Joined Qantas Amex for the points and going to Perth on 9th Feb so expecting some passes to QC (Hope they arrive in time)

Voraciously looking for points wherever I can find them.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
... expecting some passes to QC (Hope they arrive in time) ...
Keep those passes for when you need them, 'tis unlikely you will need them that day; keep in touch ... ^

Last edited by serfty; Jan 17, 2007 at 4:46 am
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Sssshhhhhhhhhhh

Remember what happened at OzFest in Sydney....

Dave
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thadocta
Sssshhhhhhhhhhh

Dave
Yeah, as a SG (then) I had no issues;

My post was in relation to the OP's mention of venue; however I have made it less specific
Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:22 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Happy New Year L, hope you are well. Please put me down as just a silver at this stage. I am luckily, in BNE that weekend, but with family commitments. Previous week in US, following week in PER, so 24th Feb is good. Kind regards. John.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:33 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Sssshhhhhhhhhhh

Dave
Which is why our learned social coordinator make contact with the venue management prior to last year's meeting. All was ok and approved for that one. Hopefully they will do likewise again. If not, we will need to find another venue (surely there is another coloured room somewhere handy??).
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:35 am
NM

Given the lack of HP's in the BNE lounge these days, please put me down for a XXXX Gold that day.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:41 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by NM
Given the lack of HP's in the BNE lounge these days, please put me down for a XXXX Gold that day.
I had a few Stella Artois there on Tuesday night - not sure how long they will be there for though....

Dave
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by NM
(surely there is another coloured room somewhere handy??).
I'd be blue if there wasn't!
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:06 pm
NM

I had a few Stella Artois there on Tuesday night - not sure how long they will be there for though....

Dave
Been there at least a few weeks now. But all my visits have been am recently so the display was all covered up.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, there is never a perfect time/date for a meeting (whether business or pleasure), as I've had a couple of members contact me direct wishing for a change to the date (the week either side). Now I could change it to suit the majority/minority (not sure which), however trying to change the dates now for those that have red e-deal or super saver flights will be expensive for them. In a world of travellers travelling, we have to expect that not everybody will be able to make it.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by QF WP
In a world of travellers travelling, we have to expect that not everybody will be able to make it.
Maybe we need three meetings in a row. You know, kinda like a best of three or something
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:48 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by QF WP
Okay, there is never a perfect time/date for a meeting (whether business or pleasure), as I've had a couple of members contact me direct wishing for a change to the date (the week either side). Now I could change it to suit the majority/minority (not sure which), however trying to change the dates now for those that have red e-deal or super saver flights will be expensive for them. In a world of travellers travelling, we have to expect that not everybody will be able to make it.
Anytime after March 17th works for me!
Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dave
The display was packed up and removed Saturday afternoon.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I have updated the attendees list. Please advise if I made errors (or didn't get my mindreading 101 skills primed)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.