FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   5th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, 24 Feb 07 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/648128-5th-annual-ft-agm-bne-qp-24-feb-07-a.html)

QF WP Jan 16, 2007 1:08 am

5th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, 24 Feb 07

For those newer to the threads, the first FT Qantas Forum's meeting was held on 24 Feb 03 at the BNE QP (yes, the photo's prove it). I was lucky enough to put my hand up to organise it, thus the "title" in my membeship details was born.

Last years' was another success so the call is out for attendees for this years' Do.

Where: BNE Domestic QP, in the FT Corner.
When: Saturday, 24 February 2007 @ 3pm
RSVP: to this thread, I'll keep a running list of attendees (Gold - Yes I'm a definite; Silver - I'm a probable/maybe; Bronze - Sorry, I'm a scratching

I will be approaching QF BNE QP Management to get the okay for us to meet. The benefit of holding it on the 24th are plentiful (for us as well as QF) in particular:

* It's a Saturday - so the QP will be emptier and allows plenty of opportunity for people to spend the weekend in BNE

Membership level is in brackets after name

RSVP List:

Gold

QF WP (Plat)
IainF (Plat)
serfty (Plat)
SFSC (Bronze)
NM (Plat)
shillard (Plat) - on QF618 arriving BNE 2.10pm
AdamM1969 (Bronze)
mattm199 (Gold)
eoinnz (Bronze)

Silver

Aus_Mal (Plat)
Lonely Flyer (Bronze)
JohnSydney2000 (Plat)
Bundy Bear (Bronze)
QFBoy (Bronze)
AndersB (Plat)
Anat0l (Bronze)

Bronze

Itsalongwaydown
og
Dave Noble
kpc
Kiwi Flyer
Blackcloud
tuapekastar
Craigo
DownUnderFlyer
bravoecho
Alan in CBR
Willyroo
perthite
QF NB
Wandering Fred
ozmerish

Itsalongwaydown Jan 16, 2007 2:05 am

Bronze thanks. :td: (I'll get there one day) :D

We'll be slumming it in Key West, Florida. :) ^ :cool: :D

og Jan 16, 2007 3:19 am

DAMMMMMMM
I'll be in IAD on a UA S & M Run (that's status and mileage).

As one of the inaugural members, I'm mighty pissed at missing this one. Weekends either side would have been good.

Dave Noble Jan 16, 2007 3:25 am

Unfortunately I am in Perth that weekend; the next week would have been ok

Dave

Aus_Mal Jan 16, 2007 3:32 am

Silver for me.

kpc Jan 16, 2007 3:41 am

As an inaugural attendee, the 24th will be, unfortunately, a bronze for me:(
Could make it the following weekend, however;)

mattm199 Jan 16, 2007 3:48 am

Silver.
I would love to meet some of the local FT luminaries!

If the manager doesn't come to the party, will the Plats be delegated to meet and greet their guests outside the QP? :)

perthite Jan 16, 2007 4:45 am

Silver with a bit of a bronze hue

serfty Jan 16, 2007 5:10 am

Maybe we should schedule the FT AGM #6 now...

I must have known something; In September there were $119 MEL/BNE fares for that date... Back then I scheduled work in BNE Friday 23rd, heading home on Sat 24th, 7pm.

So, Yeah ... I'm a Plat ... sorry, Gold :cool:

Kiwi Flyer Jan 16, 2007 11:28 am

Yet to make one of the legendary QF FT AGM's.

There's still sale airfare availability (in 24th out 25th).
Yikes - the Hilton cheapest room available is A$455. Let's see if there is any award availability, and there is.

The one problem is the dates - I'm supposed to be working both days that weekend.

Blackcloud Jan 16, 2007 1:28 pm

Bronze for me.
Too close to the wedding and after a brief discussion no SC runs for me.:(
However if I did go could I claim it as a tax deduction?;)

SFSC Jan 16, 2007 4:13 pm

Gold for me. I enjoyed last year so I decided to burn a few points for this one. With the award specials NTL-BNE-SYD (all on the 24th) was only 12000 points + 6500 for the taxes. NTL-BNE is on Jetstar but what the heck :)

tuapekastar Jan 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Bronze for me...:(

Maybe next time...

willyroo Jan 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Greetings from MKY - earnings points and SCs the hard way on Crash-8s and JQ.

I'm going for Gold that weekend and the next one...

Good work QF WP!

Craigo Jan 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Bronze for me unfortunately. If it had been scheduled for the week before I would be a Gold, as I'm up in BrisVegas to play uncle to a 5 and 3 year old and to see the Brumbies spank the Reds.