FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, 24 Feb 07
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:03 pm
anat0l

Thanks for JohnSydney2000 and Aus_Mal for waiting at Gate 23 for me to disembark. Next time the AGM comes up and I'm flying I'll keep in mind to try and book a seat which is near the front of the cabin - but when that happens OLCI better be working correctly!!!

"Mr anat0l"...ahhh that's classic! I think some people must have been staring thinking what kind of name was that to wait for.

FYI bags arrived OK. When I came down the baggage claim was completely bare and after grabbing one of the bags my other two came out not long after. [Aside: If you must know, I had to cough up $22 to carry that much. Looks like I couldn't sweet talk the nice lady at PER to let me through!]

Second to many of the comments here it was good to meet (especially for my first time) and get to see some faces next to the call-signs here and at AFF (where I have more posts). Only my second time in QP and didn't get a lot of time to sample the grub & grog, but nice to meet you all in a - shall we say (at least compared to PER) - more relaxed environment.

Take care all. "Have a pleasant flight."

EDIT: serfty, the pasta and meatballs must be the same one I had (label is Tagatelle with Italian Meatballs). Our other option was "chicken with shitake mushrooms, rice and vegetables", but looking at another pax's example I immediately saw there was too much rice and overboiled vegetables. Not taking a chance that the chicken might also be bland I took the pasta.

I have a photo of the meal tray from that flight!

Last edited by anat0l; Feb 24, 2007 at 9:14 pm Reason: Added comment arising from serfty's post