Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC Run help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:41 am

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
I did YUP last Nov but because of bad weather in ATL, my flight was cancelled. I was told I would miss my other connecting flights too but given about 60 seconds to decide if i was prepared to jump on an AA flight about to leave. I reluctantly took that flight given there were no first class seats. Interestingly, the SCs I got were for first. Now, I couldnt complain, could I?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 3:47 am
Original Poster

I was checking for some Y/KUP fares for either June or September tonight, doing the normal hnl-lax-dfw-bwi v.v. and...the cheapest I'm getting is $1185ish. Is it just me,or has cost of these basically doubled? I last personally bought a KUPP in December for dca-dfw-lax-dfw-bwi and was charged more than usual, but it was <48 hours for a flight on the 28th of dec. I know someone else who booked a YUP fare for June that would be HNL-LAX-DFW somehow to MCO (not sure if its bwi mco or what), and they didn't tell me the price was crazy. Basically...whats the deal? Am I screwed from now on?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by abcedaria
Is it just me,or has cost of these basically doubled?
They have doubled (well, not really, they have gone up about USD700 for the round-trip). I have been pricing them out for the last few months and have noticed this is a consistent increase. Other cheap routes have also gone.

Although mind you, another FTer mentioned AA actually made money last year. This might be something to do with it

Regards

lme ff
Old Mar 16, 2008, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
They have doubled (well, not really, they have gone up about USD700 for the round-trip). I have been pricing them out for the last few months and have noticed this is a consistent increase. Other cheap routes have also gone.

Although mind you, another FTer mentioned AA actually made money last year. This might be something to do with it

Regards

lme ff
I have been looking at YUP/KUP/QUP fares for *A and they also have seen some rather dramatic rises... I guess the party had to end sometime.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
They have increased quite a bit as US carriers' loads keep improving. Check farecompare y-up finder for the best options.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
One also can't forget the significant increase in fuel which gets incorporated in the base

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.