Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2004, 6:43 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Being served today in the Christchurch (CHC) QP today:

Beers

Cans: DB Draft, Canterbury Draft (Wards), VB, Speights Gold Medal (yummy ^ )

Bottles: Steinlager, Heineken, Steinlager Premium Light, Export Gold

Champagne

Voyage Special Cuvee Brut

White Wine

Giesen's Reisling 2004 and Chardonnay 2004 (from the Marlborough region)

Red Wine

Giesens's Pinot Noir 2004

Spirits

JW Red, Bacardi, Southern Comfort, Napoleon Brandy, Coruba Rum, Tia Maria, Taylors Fine Tawny Port, Campari, Martini Rosso and Extra Dry, Cossack Vodka, Jim Beam and Gordon's Gin.

Disappointed that Speights Pale Ale or Mac's not served here..Mrs QF WP reallly loves the distinctive ribbed neck of the Mac's Light (she wanted to make a candle bottle out of it)...

Last edited by QF WP; Oct 1, 2004 at 8:57 pm Reason: Wasn't in ZQN QP, there isn't one
Old Oct 5, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
I was in the Melbourne domestic QP yesterday. Noticed a large bottle of Chivas Regal on the bar and a card which presumably detailed a promotion of same. As it was only 12:30 I didn't approach the bar - it would have been too depressing to learn that in half an hour the patrons would be sampling Chivas while I sat in WHY back to CBR.

Of course now I am curious. Is there in fact a Chivas promotion going on? Is it just in MEL? When does it end? (I have to go back to MEL in a couple of weeks.)
Old Oct 5, 2004, 6:58 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Alan in CBR
I was in the Melbourne domestic QP yesterday. Noticed a large bottle of Chivas Regal on the bar and a card which presumably detailed a promotion of same. As it was only 12:30 I didn't approach the bar - it would have been too depressing to learn that in half an hour the patrons would be sampling Chivas while I sat in WHY back to CBR.

Of course now I am curious. Is there in fact a Chivas promotion going on? Is it just in MEL? When does it end? (I have to go back to MEL in a couple of weeks.)
Alan, the domestic QP's have been using Chivas regal as their scotch for over a year now, may be quite a bit longer. The JW Red disappeared when they started the Chivas promotion and they have since retained the Chivas.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by NM
Alan, the domestic QP's have been using Chivas regal as their scotch for over a year now, may be quite a bit longer. The JW Red disappeared when they started the Chivas promotion and they have since retained the Chivas.
Really?!!! D@mn it, I've been sticking to the Chards because I assumed the scotch was still JW Red! Typical of me to miss the memo.

(I guess if I actually pulled my finger out and attended an FT get-together I might be more aware of vital information like that.)

Wish the int QPs would do likewise.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 5:27 pm
NM

Update for BNE F Lounge

Today the BNE F lounge had the following:

Hard Stuff
JW Black
Chivers Regal
Bacardi Rum
Bundy RumCointreau
Drambui
Tia Maria
Baileys
Galway Pipe
Gordons Gin
Absolut Vodka
Napolean Brandy
Chinzano
(and others that I could not remember)

Amber Necter
Hahn Premium
Hahn Premium Light
Crown Larger
XXXX Gold
VB

Squashed, fermented grapes
Xanadu Chardonay
Kaleski Estate Shiraz V 2001
Yarra View Cab Sav Merlot 2001
Yarra Burn Pinot Nior Chardonay

Food
Sliced fruit
Mini muffins
Cerials (breakfast time)
Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:17 pm
NM

SYD F Lounge

The SYD First Class lounge has the same spread of spirits as BNE this morning.

Beers
Cascade Premium
Cascade Premium Light
Crown Larger
VB
Stella Atios

Wines
Chateau Reynella Shiraz
Yarra View Cab Sav Merlot 2001
Yarra Burn Pinot Nior Chardonay 2001
Katnook Estate Reisling 2004
Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Shock horror, there is no First Class Lounge in Cairns, only a Qantas Club ...
There used to be one, to the left of the reception desk (QP & SG went to the right). I used to regularly take the old QF61 CNS-DRW in the late 90's. I thought it a bit of a waste (except for the odd CL or OW EMER thru there) as there was no F class out of Cairns back then. Interestingly, the last time I used this lounge the F bar was closed and I needed to go via a connecting door to the J lounge to access the beverages.

The J lounge was an L shape with the F lounge 'filling' the angle in the L to make a rectangle. I guess they have closed it; maybe opening it all out into the one room.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:31 pm
NM

LAX T4 F Lounge remains unchanged from previous reports, except the JW Gold bottle was almost full. But after pollishing off the Noble One on the way over (I was only one partaking), I decided I would pass on the scotch at 7am local time.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 9:26 am

Good news for those of us who can't get into the F lounges. The Scotch gods may not exactly have smiled upon us, but they have grinned in our general direction. When I was in the SYD INT QP on 26/11 they had Chivas Regal rather than JW Red.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HP is disappearing from DOM QP's lounge by Lounge ..

It's gone from MEL & BNE, what next ...

In MEL it has been replaced by Blonde; Bluetounge has been a reasonable alternative, but I am happy to note that tonight I am drinking Coopers Pale Ale. ^

On Another note, the last time I was in the AKL Int Lounges, MACs had again disappeared, replaced by, you guessed it, Pure Blond!
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by serfty

It's gone from MEL & BNE, what next ...

In MEL it has been replaced by Blonde; Bluetounge has been a reasonable alternative, but I am happy to note that tonight I am drinking Coopers Pale Ale. ^

On Another note, the last time I was in the AKL Int Lounges, MACs had again disappeared, replaced by, you guessed it, Pure Blond!
serfty,

Some of us need the low carbs provided by the 'Pure Blonde'
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: BNE now have Bluetounge ^ (been available for "about a week")
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by serfty

RIP HP! What is going to become the FT staple beer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.