Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

"PPPPPPPPTTTTTT
At LEAST Sing F has a baby bottle of Joseph Perrier."

Indeed. I think it is very poor show to be offering basic sparkling wines in the F lounges. At least a basic vintage champagne should be offered.

Dave
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:26 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Live report from BNE F lounge

Today (Monday 26th April), The BNE F lounge is offering:

Beer:
Hahn Premium (*)
Hahn Premuim Light
Crown Larger
XXXX Gold
VB

Spirits etc:
Glenfiddich Special Reserve 12yo (***)
JW Black (*)
Chivas Regal 12yo (*)
Bundaburg Rum
Baileys
Campari
Drambuie
Galway's Port
Bacardi
Cointreau
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Southern Comfort
Cinzano Extra Dry
Cinzano Bianco
Gordson's Gin
Stolichnaya Vodka
Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry

Plonk: (and these names mean nothing to me, so I hope others recognise them based on what are likely to be lots of mistakes and typos)

David Owen Longhorne Creek Red 2000
Channdon bubbly stuff
Heemsherk Tasmania Cab Sav Franc Merlo red stuff 2000
Alkoomi Chadonay chilled stuff
Krondorf Semillon chilled stuff

* sampled by NM name of FT research (and disguised as lunch)
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:45 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
Now this is a truly great thread. I don't get to fly F and I don't drink beer, so the other "stickies" are only of academic interest (although still entertaining). Thanks to Dave Noble for starting it and to NM for the MEL info.

Now here's the thing. I notice that the F lounge list has a couple of pretty good scotches, but only Gordon's Gin! To me, Gordon's is the equivalent of JW Red scotch and Jim Beam bourbon - real entry level stuff. If you can offer quite good scotches and Jack Daniels bourbon, surely it's not too much to ask for Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire gin.

Last time I flew international F (about 5+ years ago), the QP F had Tanqueray.

I must say though that I'm impressed that the J lounge has Chivas Regal. Time to switch my pre-flight drink of choice.

Looking forward to updates to this thread. Can we get all international QPs covered? (I'd like to help, but I won't be in an international QP until July.)
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
"PPPPPPPPTTTTTT
At LEAST Sing F has a baby bottle of Joseph Perrier."

Indeed. I think it is very poor show to be offering basic sparkling wines in the F lounges. At least a basic vintage champagne should be offered.

Dave
Since when have the Domaine Chandon offerings been 'basic'? They are unquestionably every bit as good as the French offerings from the same company and in many cases arguably superior (and certainly more consistent).
Old Apr 27, 2004, 2:14 am
Original Poster

"Looking forward to updates to this thread. Can we get all international QPs covered?"

I don't have any international trips for a few weeks, but I will be visiting International F lounges at BNE , AKL, SIN and LAX. I will try and fit in the J lounges too. On the partner front, I will be in the AA FL at ORD and the BA lounges at JFK and LHR.

Dave
Old Apr 29, 2004, 10:40 am

Programs: QR Platinum
What's in the HKG QP

Since I've been involuntarily given a few extra hours in the HKG QP, I am able to contribute to this research (in the name of science of course). Apologies for any typos, I haven't slept in 34 hours.

At 12:37am on April 30 2004, the HKG QP is offering:

Beer
Guinness
Heineken
Foster's
Tsingtao

Wine
Penfolds Private Bin Chardonnay 2003
Penfolds Private Bin Shiraz Cabernet 2003
Bordeaux Baron Philippe de Rothschild 2002 (refrigerated)
Bordeaux Baron Philippe de Rothschild 2001 (room temperature)

Other stuff
Baileys
Johnnie Walker Black
Jack Daniels Black
Glenfiddich 12yo
Gordon's gin
Myers's rum (world famous according to the label, I've never heard of it)
Bacardi
Stolichnaya
VSOP cognac

StevePER (tired and bored)
Old Apr 29, 2004, 7:00 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Alan in CBR
I notice that the F lounge list has a couple of pretty good scotches, but only Gordon's Gin! To me, Gordon's is the equivalent of JW Red scotch and Jim Beam bourbon - real entry level stuff. If you can offer quite good scotches and Jack Daniels bourbon, surely it's not too much to ask for Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire gin.
Even AA serves Bombay Sapphire ... I would think QF could do the same (and there is quite a difference between Gordon's and Sapphire, your observation is spot on). Maybe with Oneworld common provisioning QF will switch to match AA.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 2:58 am
NM

Live report from SIN F lounge

Spirits:
  • Johnny Walker Black
  • Jim Beam
  • Jack Daniels Old No 2
  • Bundy Rum
  • Bacardi Rum
  • Gordon's Gin
  • Cointreau
  • Smirnoff Vodka
  • Campari
  • Remy Martin VSOP

So nothing much of note there - especially for a BA F lounge.

Beer:
  • Tiger
  • Carlsberg Larger
  • Carlsberg Special Brew

Plonk:
  • must be somewhere else in the lounge - haven't seen any yet

I suppose I had better go looking for the plonk to keep the white collar brigade happy . If I find it I'll report back. But if I am forced to keep walking past the other bar, I might not make it!

Cheers,
NM (who is 5 hours early for his flight and making the most of the SIN F lounge)
Old Apr 30, 2004, 3:15 am
NM

Found the plonk

Looks like the polonk doesn't come out until 5pm in SIN F lounge. Sitting here I heard the pops of the bubble and turned around to see the wines appearing at the bar:

Bubble:
  • Joseph Perrier

Red:
  • Groundrey Homestead (WA) Cab Merlot 2002

White:
  • Groundrey Homestead Unwooded Chardonay 2002

Hope they mean somehting to someone. I am trying the bubbly now. Seems reasonable to me, but then again, I have never tried Krug. Better move onto a Carlsberg Specail Brew and then the JWB.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 5:13 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
"Looking forward to updates to this thread. Can we get all international QPs covered?"

I don't have any international trips for a few weeks, but I will be visiting International F lounges at BNE , AKL, SIN and LAX. I will try and fit in the J lounges too. On the partner front, I will be in the AA FL at ORD and the BA lounges at JFK and LHR.

Dave
Right and since our friend QF WP (who is no doubt in bed ready for his early start tomorrow on the MR) will basically cover every major domestic QP in AUS, I bags to check out the QP in AKL next weekend 08/05.

Well done to Dave Noble and Nell for such selfless dedication ,5 :-: 's allround.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:06 am
NM

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Well done to Dave Noble and Nell for such selfless dedication ,5 :-: 's allround.
Woohooo. Does that mean I make a 5 :-: member along with DSN? What a privalege ... and responsibility!

Cheers,
N :-: :-: :-: :-: :-: M - still in the SIN F lounge
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:29 am
NM

Let me add that the noodles in the SIN F lounge are just superb. I have real Singapore noodles for lunch today (a few blocks from our office here) and they were good - especially for the S$2 cost - but these ones here in the F lounge almost make up for the poor scotch on offer (JWB). Its a good thing I picked up the 18yo Glenlivet at the DF shop (along with the peace offering for Mrs NM of course).
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:33 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Me thinks someone may be nursing something more than a bottle of DF scotch tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

"Woohooo. Does that mean I make a 5 :-: member along with DSN? What a privalege ... and responsibility!"

No no no... We both get 5 :-: ... That makes me a Dave 9 :-: Noble

Dave

Last edited by Dave Noble; Apr 30, 2004 at 3:05 pm
Old May 4, 2004, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by NM
Let me add that the noodles in the SIN F lounge are just superb. I have real Singapore noodles for lunch today (a few blocks from our office here) and they were good - especially for the S$2 cost - <snip>
Pretty good value. My Singapore breakfast is even better value, I have Roti Prahta just near the Golden Landmark building, for S60cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.