Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF F Vs AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
However in this instance, I'll have to disagree, as the Airbus A380 is unbelievably quiet inside the cabin compared to previous generation aircraft. That, along with the lower cabin altitude during flight, make a huge difference to the flying experience and post flight recovery. The cabin altitude is replicated on the Boeing 787 and Airbus A350, but I still think the A380 is quieter inside. It's not something you'd need to strain to notice either, it's quite obvious.
+1. Did you mean lower cabin pressure and / or higher humidity in the newer jets?

A380, A350 and B787 are 2+ decades ahead in cabin technology compared to a B777. The nicest seat in the world and swishest service doesn't alter that I feel most jetlagged coming off a B777 compared to the others. I'll even feel better coming off Premium Economy on an A380 than Business in a B777.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
+1. Did you mean lower cabin pressure and / or higher humidity in the newer jets?

A380, A350 and B787 are 2+ decades ahead in cabin technology compared to a B777. The nicest seat in the world and swishest service doesn't alter that I feel most jetlagged coming off a B777 compared to the others. I'll even feel better coming off Premium Economy on an A380 than Business in a B777.
I know everything your saying is true but personally I cant tell ya the difference in how I feel coming off any airline. Well actually if I sit in DL One my back hurts, same with Jet Blue. AA Oasis seats kill my legs and bottom. Sitting in any 2-2 config is the worst after being spoiled with both LAX/JFK and LAX/MIA widebodies in 1-2-1 for a 5 years now......But I swear I dont feel any different as far as jet lag or air quality or whatever based on what plane I am on. Recenty did AA 77W JFK-GRU which was a fairly long flight. Felt no diff. on that Vs. the return on a 787. Well thats not entirely true, the Polaris food on the UA return was so bad I did feel sick from that lol.

I wish I could feel the difference and enjoy the better quality of the newer planes but I just dont feel any difference.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

QF cancelled my flight. On the day of !!! What the hec like seriously. I don’t even know what to do now. Do I call AA or QF. AA I know won’t help and just put me on a diff QF flight. QF has control of the ticket shouldn’t they be able to move me ?? Hec they send me a text just now they moved me to DL’s flight tonite. And get this it’s in PE. I wouldn’t fly it even if it was in D1. This isn’t what I paid for.

I think one of ya all mentioned their operational issues above. But the same day. On a route w just 2 x a day. Also QF 11 flew so now what happens w that plane since there is no QF12?

Now I have to rework all this and change my CA flight inside Oz and dealing w VA is the absolute worst.

This really stinks .
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: Qantas
So sorry to hear about this. AA and QF are showing at least 1 seat each for their respective flights tomorrow from LA to Sydney and if I were you I'd try and call AA (or use chat) and get one of those seats asap. Definitely a bummer, hopefully you get something figured out without too much hassle.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Sorry to hear. Are you at the airport? Given QFs poor phone service, it may be best to go to the airport during the bank of QF flights and see what if anything they can do. Not sure if also going to AA as it is an AA ticket will help? Only as it is day of travel and airport usually has the best rebooking options.

and as above calling AA is of course another option if they can find availability (award)

I am sure someone else can provide more specific advice, and whether any DOT regs come in.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blandfordryan
So sorry to hear about this. AA and QF are showing at least 1 seat each for their respective flights tomorrow from LA to Sydney and if I were you I'd try and call AA (or use chat) and get one of those seats asap. Definitely a bummer, hopefully you get something figured out without too much hassle.
Thanks! I’m on hold w Qantas now and in the Q w AA w a call back in 30-40 min. WF has control of the ticket right ? I’m hoping they will change me. But to QF otherwise I need miles back.

Why would QF12 be cancelled if QF11 left and arrived?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Thanks! I’m on hold w Qantas now and in the Q w AA w a call back in 30-40 min. WF has control of the ticket right ? I’m hoping they will change me. But to QF otherwise I need miles back.

Why would QF12 be cancelled if QF11 left and arrived?
Could be a number of reasons unfortunately... deferred maintenance, LAX specific operations, crew limitations, etc.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blandfordryan
Could be a number of reasons unfortunately... deferred maintenance, LAX specific operations, crew limitations, etc.
Are there 2 A380’s a day going between LAX and SYD? There is a night flight out of SYD but when does that flight return ?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 2:43 pm

Are there 2 A380’s a day going between LAX and SYD? There is a night flight out of SYD but when does that flight return ?
Just one service in each direction. I believe the night flight out of Sydney will be tomorrow's QF12 bird. JK I have no idea honestly haha. I could be wrong though. Any luck so far with getting rebooked?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
No, according to the schedule, which I'm sure you've checked, there is only one daily A380 LAX-SYD flight. One of the days also had a 787-9 service LAX-SYD. Otherwise the only other non-stop showing on the Qantas website is the AA service.

There are other services to Australia from LAX though. Anyway, what was the outcome of your calls?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 2:55 pm

FYI there is a business class reward seat available with AA tonight as a backup plan
Old Apr 20, 2023, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

QF cancelled my flight. On the day of !!! What the hec like seriously. I don’t even know what to do now. Do I call AA or QF. AA I know won’t help and just put me on a diff QF flight. QF has control of the ticket shouldn’t they be able to move me ?? Hec they send me a text just now they moved me to DL’s flight tonite. And get this it’s in PE. I wouldn’t fly it even if it was in D1. This isn’t what I paid for.

I think one of ya all mentioned their operational issues above. But the same day. On a route w just 2 x a day. Also QF 11 flew so now what happens w that plane since there is no QF12?

Now I have to rework all this and change my CA flight inside Oz and dealing w VA is the absolute worst.

This really stinks .
If you call AA,since it is an AA award, there is a good chance that it will rebook you onto the AA flight

If you call QF, there is a good chance that it will tell you to talk to AA since AA issued the ticket

You could just gamble and turn up at the airport and see what happens

Given that it is reported that there is an award seat available in business class on AA, I would start with AA since , if this is the case, the worst case would seem to be able to travel in business class. I would do this before any other displaced passenger grabs it

What is so bad about dealing with VA? I think that you should be able to make changes online with it
Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

I am still on hold with AA, 2 hours and 20 min. This is outrageous. I cant get anything done either as far as planning other stuff for the trip, fixing other flights, hotels, etc. The hold up is that QF put me on the DL flight tonight so instead of releasing it or moving me to a QF flight AA is now having to deal with OW and other help desks and get me off the DL flight. This is beyond annoying. They will let me change it to any QF flight in F though that has a seat (not an AA showing award seat but just any open seat) within 7 days. There is not one Friday or Saturday but there is one Sunday however I think I am going to go to the full 7 out and go next Thursday as travelling Thurs to a Sun gets me a 10 day trip with only 1 week of work missed. The issue now is will I be able to get a return home on AA for a web special. This is so stressful and annoying and frustrating.

VA customer service puts you on hold 9 x in the same call to do the easiest things. Never experienced anything like that. I will try to change online with them one I get this sorted out.

The AA agent is really cool in fact I asked if she could move me to QF F return b/c there is the web special in J tonight on AA but she said she would try and did but even spoke to the help desk on that but they wont let me run the QF F award in the other direction.

So for now I am leaving 1 week from tonight but its not official yet. In the QF app I see still DL tonight but I do see the 4/27 flight AA put me on also. I feel like I have lost my entire day. I could be at the beach.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If QF has rebooked you onto the DL flight, then you should be ok - why are you trying to mess with that which QF has already fixed? Departing 1 hour earlier would have just meant that any onward flights on VA could remain unchanged

It seems that the problem was fixed by Qantas and you could still have travelled as planned
Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If QF has rebooked you onto the DL flight, then you should be ok - why are you trying to mess with that which QF has already fixed? Departing 1 hour earlier would have just meant that any onward flights on VA could remain unchanged

It seems that the problem was fixed by Qantas and you could still have travelled as planned
I dont want to fly DL......... I cant stand their DL One seat. Also, thats not what I paid for. And for 110K miles??? I mean do I get my 110K back if I cancelled it with AA but somehow keep the DL flight then sure I am IN. But I dont think thats how it would have gone down.

It would have been an even 110K for DL. No thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.