Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld® flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld® Emerald
  • oneworld® flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld® First Passenger
  • oneworld ® flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite

Has anyone used the (reopened) QF F lounge in SIN?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ianassum
I will tomorrow night.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF WP
Was there a few days ago (18th) and was told it opened back up the day before. Everything was back to normal and the service was great
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Is the crayfish still in the laksa 😂😂😂?? Hope you enjoyed the experience
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: QF WP
Is the crayfish still in the laksa 😂😂😂?? Hope you enjoyed the experience
Yes definitely enjoyed the visit to the lounge and the crayfish is still in there
ianassum likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the menu Kiwi Flyer!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:55 am

Was not allowed in recently on a Jetstar ticket. The lounge dragons cited "operational difficulties" and I was directed to the Business lounge instead.
Had a peek inside and seems pretty empty. The real reason is probably me flying on Jetstar
Jaytraveller likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by lewin85
Was not allowed in recently on a Jetstar ticket. The lounge dragons cited "operational difficulties" and I was directed to the Business lounge instead.
Had a peek inside and seems pretty empty. The real reason is probably me flying on Jetstar
Interesting; what criteria were you using to get access to this lounge?

I am travelling Jetstar later this month and would be expecting as a Qantas Platinum that I would get access.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 16, 2022 at 1:00 am
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:44 pm

Must say, as much as I adore the QF lounges at SIN (both business and first), the dragons can be a bit annoying.

In a recent visit, when we were flying MH and BA Gold / OW Emerald clearly stamped on my and my companion's boarding passes, the dragon insisted to see my physical BA Gold card. She didn't ask the same of my companion.

I said I don't carry physical cards anymore, and she wanted to see my card on the BA app.

I asked why, she said she just wanted to see.

I queried isn't the status already recorded on the boarding pass, she said she just wanted to see.

I asked again why it was necessary to see as I've never been asked of that in any of my dozen or so visits in the past. No guesses what she said next - she just wanted to see.

Seems repeating what she wanted to do, while evading a direct explanation of why she's doing it, is her way of beating customers to submission.

Random. And very odd.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Was there on 13 July for a very delayed QF2 (a ground vehicle struck the aircraft and all sorts of paperwork had to be exchanged between QF and the SG government - but this is another story).

The SIN F lounge was busy but not overwhelming. The food is excellent. Yes the lobster is in the laksa and the laksa is one of the best meals I've eaten in QF F lounges over these last 13 years. Start with the prawn wontons though, you will not be disappointed.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:55 pm

What time did you arrive to the lounge and what time was your Jetstar flight? It could have been that on this day, there were delays (eg impacting QF1 or QF2) which may have seen a crush of passengers outside of that flight's usual arrivals/departures window (especially when it comes to meal service during the short transit window), so the lounge staff were working in advance to minimise that. Not saying that was the case, just that there have been some delayed flights of late and this could be the reason why.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Interesting; what criteria were you using to get access to this lounge?

I am travelling Jetstar later this month and would be expecting as a Qantas Platinum that I would get access.
Same as you as QF Platinum. Per policy we should get access, but in reality with the order of things Jetstar passengers will get bumped off first if they face any capacity issues.

Originally Posted by djsflynn
What time did you arrive to the lounge and what time was your Jetstar flight? It could have been that on this day, there were delays (eg impacting QF1 or QF2) which may have seen a crush of passengers outside of that flight's usual arrivals/departures window (especially when it comes to meal service during the short transit window), so the lounge staff were working in advance to minimise that. Not saying that was the case, just that there have been some delayed flights of late and this could be the reason why.
It was a Monday 3K flight to KUL, departing I think 6.30pm (earlier than other days). I was at the lounge at maybe 4.45 and I don't think the delayed passengers have even arrived. Both First and Business Lounge was empty. I get them working in advance to minimize capacity issues, but if they just looked at my departure timing they would know I'd be gone before influx of QF1/QF2's. I'll try again in a couple weeks but with the LHR caps and 11 hour layover in SIN, my guess is they will turn me away again
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Same as you as QF Platinum. Per policy we should get access, but in reality with the order of things Jetstar passengers will get bumped off first if they face any capacity issues.
It was a Monday 3K flight to KUL, departing I think 6.30pm (earlier than other days). I was at the lounge at maybe 4.45 and I don't think the delayed passengers have even arrived. Both First and Business Lounge was empty. I get them working in advance to minimize capacity issues, but if they just looked at my departure timing they would know I'd be gone before influx of QF1/QF2's. I'll try again in a couple weeks but with the LHR caps and 11 hour layover in SIN, my guess is they will turn me away again
That's no good.

I'm booked to be on that 6:30pm flight late next week.

I see the following scheduled departures that day:
Code:
QF38 12:20 AM
QF2   7:30 PM
QF52  8:30 PM
QF36  8:45 PM
QF82  9:00 PM
QF1  11:45 PM
And the following Layover arrivals:
Code:
QF2  5:25 PM
QF1 10:15 PM
Indeed, it may get busy while QF2 is in town, but I'd be out of there by then.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:53 am

I'll try again in a couple weeks but with the LHR caps and 11 hour layover in SIN, my guess is they will turn me away again
The 11-hour layover is at the moment (unless I've missed an update) only for this Tuesday's QF2, not an ongoing thing...
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by serfty
That's no good. I'm booked to be on that 6:30pm flight late next week.
That particular 3K SIN-KUL has also become my girlfriend's semi-regular ride, I hope she's not rendered lounge-less ahead of her next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.