Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Can Qantas Business Class MEL-LAX pax use Emirates Lounge ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can Qantas Business Class MEL-LAX pax use Emirates Lounge ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Aidan

Great to know thanks for sharing your experience. Really puts into perspective how behind Qantas is with their offering. It’s almost like they run the business lounge as a Minimal Viable Product.
Having a few hot options (2-3) made to order during dinner would be nice, instead of just salads.
QF has the F lounge for that at MEL....and that is well done with excellent food variety and quality. Drinks have slipped over the years but still ok and include $200/bottle scotch (used to be $500/bottle so their budget constraints are showing). Pretty generous given the volumes of WP/OWE eligible to use the F lounge.
Aidan likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:14 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by serfty
Check the title of this thread ... the OP is referring to the EK lounge in Melbourne, Australia.
The MEL EK lounge is now open 24h and has paid access at USD 100 (though not sure if that does include QF flights or only QF codeshare on EK flights). I only use if when the F lounge is closed and haven't personally tried paid access (which also applies to guests above your quota, so maybe useful for some even with access).
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
QF has the F lounge for that at MEL....and that is well done with excellent food variety and quality. Drinks have slipped over the years but still ok and include $200/bottle scotch (used to be $500/bottle so their budget constraints are showing). Pretty generous given the volumes of WP/OWE eligible to use the F lounge.
As a bronze infrequent flyer and on a flight with no first class cabin. I can’t even pay my way forward to the lovely F lounge.

The aging A380 setup alternative with the F cabin didn’t seem worth it. After refit, yes please 😊.

There is always next time, I’m grateful to even be able to travel, let alone so nicely in J.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:26 am
Original Poster

As a bronze infrequent flyer and on a flight with no first class cabin. I can’t even pay my way forward to the lovely F lounge.

The aging A380 setup alternative with the F cabin didn’t seem worth it. After refit, yes please 😊.

There is always next time, I’m grateful to even be able to travel, let alone so nicely in J.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The MEL EK lounge is now open 24h and has paid access at USD 100 (though not sure if that does include QF flights or only QF codeshare on EK flights). I only use if when the F lounge is closed and haven't personally tried paid access (which also applies to guests above your quota, so maybe useful for some even with access).
Even though the web site indicates 24 hours, recent anecdotes indicate it is open 4-6am and mid afternoon until after 10pm.

https://www.google.com/search?q=emir...t=firefox-b-ab

To use paid access PAX must be on a Qantas or Emirates flight.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 27, 2019 at 12:56 am
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:35 pm

Yep I’m bronze so dungeon it is 😊.
Really, is it so bad? I don’t mind it...in fact sometimes choose it over the F lounge ( to the surprise,if not astonishment of the gatekeepers). Food is *OK*, it’s rarely crowded at the times I go...in fact pretty empty, it’s clean and well-run.
For sure, I’d prefer EK style but QF J/Club is more than adequate, IMHO.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paolo64

Really, is it so bad? I don’t mind it...in fact sometimes choose it over the F lounge ( to the surprise,if not astonishment of the gatekeepers). Food is *OK*, it’s rarely crowded at the times I go...in fact pretty empty, it’s clean and well-run.
For sure, I’d prefer EK style but QF J/Club is more than adequate, IMHO.
I prefer plane spotting views, however my biggest gripe is the lack of hot food options. If the food situation got addressed and they renovated the place to look more inline with the newer Qantas domestic lounges, it would be much more pleasant.

Also more yellow lighting instead of the harsh whiter lights will make the place feel warmer.

Im usually a leisure traveller, so my needs are probably different. If I had to punch out some work it would be a great place to be due to seat capacity and fast internet.

Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:48 am

I prefer plane spotting views, however my biggest gripe is the lack of hot food options. If the food situation got addressed and they renovated the place to look more inline with the newer Qantas domestic lounges, it would be much more pleasant.

Also more yellow lighting instead of the harsh whiter lights will make the place feel warmer.

Im usually a leisure traveller, so my needs are probably different. If I had to punch out some work it would be a great place to be due to seat capacity and fast internet.

Yes, that makes sense.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The MEL EK lounge is now open 24h ...
Even though the web site indicates 24 hours, recent anecdotes indicate it is open 4-6am and mid afternoon until after 10pm.

https://www.emirates.com/au/english/experience/our-lounges/worldwide/

To use paid access PAX must be on a Qantas or Emirates flight.
The reference to the MEL EK lounge being open 24 hours has been removed from the web site.

https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...ges/worldwide/
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:57 pm
Original Member

The reference to the MEL EK lounge being open 24 hours has been removed from the web site.

https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...ges/worldwide/
Gotta love the EK alliance... now they don't want to cater for QF flights Guess it expires in a few years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.