Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Can Qantas Business Class MEL-LAX pax use Emirates Lounge ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Hi there,

In July will be flying from MEL-LAX with Qantas in business class.
Wanting to know if Qantas business class passengers on the MEL-LAX route use the Emirates lounge in Melbourne ?

Rather try this lounge than step into the Qantas dungeon.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Aidan
Hi there,

Wanting to know if Qantas business class passengers on the MEL-LAX route use the Emirates lounge in Melbourne ?

If the EK lounge is open, you can use it.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:08 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No however EK now offers paid access for USD 100 for all pax on EK and QF flights without J lounge access (USD 250 for F lounge access, not applicable to MEL). While the EK lounge is nicer being built in 2016, not sure it is worth USD 100.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:10 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
If the EK lounge is open, you can use it.
It is open 24 hours a day so hours aren't an issue but I think the current policy is USD 100 payment. I haven't tried it as I stick to the F lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:24 am

The EK lounge in MEL is open 24h?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
It is open 24 hours a day so hours aren't an issue but I think the current policy is USD 100 payment. I haven't tried it as I stick to the F lounge.
If that’s the case dungeon it is .
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by number_6
Check the title of this thread ... the OP is referring to the EK lounge in Melbourne, Australia.

In any case I am likely incorrect as I don't think the QF/EK partnership extends to USA flights.
Aidan and CPMaverick like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by Aidan
Hi there,

If you are QF Gold or better you can access the Emirates lounge irrespective of the QF Class of travel, if it is open.

If you have no Qantas status and based only on your cabin class you only have access to the International Business Lounge.

Without QF Gold you will only have access to the Qantas International Business Lounge.

Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Yep I’m bronze so dungeon it is 😊.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the quick responses and help. 🙏
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
US flights are excluded from the EK arrangement so you would NOT have access at MEL.
serfty and Blackcloud like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by madrooster
US flights are excluded from the EK arrangement so you would NOT have access at MEL.
Ah yes that is right. However it wasn't enforced the evening I accessed the EK lounge in MEL when flying MEL-LAX in J mid last year.
Aidan likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikalee
Ah yes that is right. However it wasn't enforced the evening I accessed the EK lounge in MEL when flying MEL-LAX in J mid last year.
Lucky you..
My alternate option for payed access would be The House @ $80aud per person. Looks great and heard good things regarding the food. However I’m sure it’s good food for ‘airport standards’, rather than culinary excellence.
I would paying more for the lovely view and ambience..

Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
The off-the-menu food at 'The House' is really nice. Not just by airport standards. Everything I've had there has been delicious. However the service is a bit spotty and the portions are small.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
The off-the-menu food at 'The House' is really nice. Not just by airport standards. Everything I've had there has been delicious. However the service is a bit spotty and the portions are small.
Great to know thanks for sharing your experience. Really puts into perspective how behind Qantas is with their offering. It’s almost like they run the business lounge as a Minimal Viable Product.
Having a few hot options (2-3) made to order during dinner would be nice, instead of just salads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.