Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Deteriorating food and drinks Qantas Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deteriorating food and drinks Qantas Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
I have to smile reading this thread.
I get the odd survey from the Qantas Customer Advisory panel, and they listed some of the changes made from feedback.
One included that customers on sectors from Asia “wanted more sleep”, so “We listened” and replaced three course meals with the supper service, and introduced the dreaded “Cafe breakfast”.
Beware enhancements!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Does anyone have any update on the sort of (and also importantly, the quantity of) food on offer in J for evening departures from Asia?

Is QF still on a mission to improve our health through drastically reduced calorie intake?

I see they have successfully reduced our calorie and sugar intake by limiting pre-departure drinks to calorie-free items...
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:44 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by mattm199
I have to smile reading this thread.
I get the odd survey from the Qantas Customer Advisory panel, and they listed some of the changes made from feedback.
One included that customers on sectors from Asia “wanted more sleep”, so “We listened” and replaced three course meals with the supper service, and introduced the dreaded “Cafe breakfast”.
Beware enhancements!
Other airlines (Asian based) can consistently rush through a full 3 course meal service in the time that QF crew are just emerging from the galley with the first course. Oh, and the former can also do a bar cart run before the food arrives as well.
Cedar Jet, mattm199 and FF2322011 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by og

Other airlines (Asian based) can consistently rush through a full 3 course meal service in the time that QF crew are just emerging from the galley with the first course. Oh, and the former can also do a bar cart run before the food arrives as well.
The odd thing is that QF manage to do a decent service for domestic J on pretty short flights perfectly fine, including multiple drinks run. Sure, it's a small cabin and it's a single tray service but still, they manage rather well.

Their issue seems to be international flights.
Cedar Jet likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Hi, I'm flying NRT - BNE (QF62) followed by BNE - DRW (QF824) in a couple of weeks in J, could anyone let me know what the food options are likely to be i.e. decent and filling or tiny not very tasty? Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
Hi, I'm flying NRT - BNE (QF62) followed by BNE - DRW (QF824) in a couple of weeks in J, could anyone let me know what the food options are likely to be i.e. decent and filling or tiny not very tasty? Thanks
It’s an overnight flight from Asia, 9 hours. I guess, it’s the same treatment like the other 9 hours flights. Light supper and refreshments. You should be able to see in advance menu options for dinner/supper. Don’t expect breakfast for sure. I guess you will get a light option after sleep.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by og

I don’t have much experience with other Asian airlines, just flown twice with Cathay Pacific in J from HKG-PVG. It was a blast. Very good service, Haagen Dazs ice cream, continues attention and a nice cabin. Food was ok - decent portions. Piper Heidsieck served on board. And the flight was like 2.5 hours.

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:51 pm

I just came back QF26 in J last week from HND. Skipped dinner and went straight to sleep expecting a decent breakfast. Stale underrated croquet monsieur croissant and some yoghurt.

When did they get rid of the breakfast cards? I recall them coming back from LAX in March but not since.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No need for breakfast pre-order when the menu is so limited.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No need for breakfast pre-order when the menu is so limited.
I've always thought the breakfast cards are a bit gimmicky, and I usually don't know what I want for breakfast the next day. I usually just over order on the card and then pick what I want, which seems to defeat the purpose of the cards.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by whughes3
In fairnesss, I don't think QF anywhwre suggest that there are 4 champagnes to choose from; they do say that the champagne on offer will be one of the 4 mentioned on the menu.
I think OP is right to assume 4, based on the menu below (which does not say only 1 of), although I would be surprised if there were more than 2.

No surprise, the least desirable of the 4 listed, Jacquart Mosaique was served on my flight. I think FA said 2 bottles loaded for 737.
The surprise was on board, Shaw + Smith M3 Chardonnay (whether or not you like Chardonnay is another thread).
A couple had a glass each, I had tasting portion of half a glass since it was open. It was 3/4 full. I told the FA it should be drinkable on the turnaround.
FA said all unused drinks had to be poured down the sink and so it was.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bensyd
I've always thought the breakfast cards are a bit gimmicky, and I usually don't know what I want for breakfast the next day. I usually just over order on the card and then pick what I want, which seems to defeat the purpose of the cards.
The main benefit as passenger is a little extra sleep before being woken up.

Originally Posted by poopbunny
I think OP is right to assume 4, based on the menu below (which does not say only 1 of), although I would be surprised if there were more than 2.
The "or" implies only one is available on the flight, which is indeed the case.
eminere likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)

The "or" implies only one is available on the flight, which is indeed the case.
A little common sense also wouldn't go astray. here. there are only a total of 4 still winas served on QF (and on most airlines I have encountered) so does 4 champagnes sound at all plausible?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Originally Posted by Jacek_C

in comparison BNE-AKL flight in J with Emirates, ...
Get used to it, as in a few weeks, our BNE - AKL choices with OW is only Jetconnect (QNZ) by QF.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
The main benefit as passenger is a little extra sleep before being woken up.
I've never noticed that, quite the opposite actually. QF seem to start their breakfast service hours away from landing. Any other carrier that QF would compare themselves to has no problem slinging out a hot breakfast with 50 minutes or so to land. And all without a breakfast card in sight.
Cedar Jet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.