Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I know that FlashKiwi and LinaLee have offered to pick up attendees. I think FlashKiwi said his car can seat 6 or 7 pax. I can seat 4 and I'm sure LinaLee would be the same. Not sure about how some other locals are getting there.

I have my sons Auskick from 8am to 9am, then dropping him to his friends house for a sleepover. My ETA for airport is at earliest 10am (and I'll pick up Aus_Mal @ Toombul station or another on that Airport line) on my way.

So to the early arrivees:

07:05 QF948 SQ421
08:35 QF508 beardoc, Travellingsmithy
09:15 QF608 JessicaTam
09:25 QF512 gwilli1

I understand SQ421 is going to head to the City to drop his luggage, then head back to the airport (he could get in contact with Aus_Mal to arrange a trip out on the train together @:-)). I would be thinking that I (and FlashKiwi and LinaLee) could swing by the pick up spot at 10:30am and pick up any of the early arrivals plus serfty:

10:15 QF610 serfty

Both FlashKiwi and LinaLee are on the 11am Tour.

Then I can hang out for 15 minutes in the Maccas or HJ's carpark (at the airport) or even DFO Coffee Club until I'm needed for these arrivees:

10:30 VA931 kpc, madrooster
10:35 QF516 og
11:15 QF612 tuapekastar, doug_westcott, perthite, Hvr, nlagalle

but I will need another kind soul to assist with these and any others 12pm Tour people who show up at the Airport.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:53 pm

After my engagement in the morning, I will likely be able to make it to Q Catering at around 1.30-2.00pm.

Would my services be possibly required then, or shall I proceed directly to the airport in anticipation of the 3.00pm start of the AGM?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by anat0l
After my engagement in the morning, I will likely be able to make it to Q Catering at around 1.30-2.00pm.

Would my services be possibly required then, or shall I proceed directly to the airport in anticipation of the 3.00pm start of the AGM?
Give me a call when you are approaching the airport, as you could be very handy for taking people back (depending on how many QF Execs have cars).

Early start at the AGM for us all

BTW, the FT area will be roped off from 11am and they are going to be looking after us (catering wise) but I can't spill any of the secrets.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
If last year is any indication it will be very good. A great job done by QF I'm sure

I was thinking to get the 1001 Central-Airport train (I have a ticket) and going from there - it's supposed to arrive around 1025 though I may get the earlier one.

awesome efforts! I wish FT had a "like" button
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
awesome efforts! I wish FT had a "like" button
Here's one for you:

... and one for QF WP from me:

Thanks for your efforts QF WP - in what have been trying circumstances I am sure we all value your input and guidance in the setting up of this event immensely.^

Last edited by serfty; Mar 3, 2016 at 1:06 pm
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:57 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
QF WP!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Thanks QF WP for putting all of this together. An unenviable task herding us cats.

I am happy to be at the suggested meeting point at 10.30 or at whatever time and place the generous drivers would like.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:45 am

Huge thanks to QF WP, I can't wait
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Originally Posted by QF WP
I know that FlashKiwi and LinaLee have offered to pick up attendees. I think FlashKiwi said his car can seat 6 or 7 pax. I can seat 4 and I'm sure LinaLee would be the same. Not sure about how some other locals are getting there.

I have my sons Auskick from 8am to 9am, then dropping him to his friends house for a sleepover. My ETA for airport is at earliest 10am (and I'll pick up Aus_Mal @ Toombul station or another on that Airport line) on my way.

So to the early arrivees:

07:05 QF948 SQ421
08:35 QF508 beardoc, Travellingsmithy
09:15 QF608 JessicaTam
09:25 QF512 gwilli1

I understand SQ421 is going to head to the City to drop his luggage, then head back to the airport (he could get in contact with Aus_Mal to arrange a trip out on the train together @:-)). I would be thinking that I (and FlashKiwi and LinaLee) could swing by the pick up spot at 10:30am and pick up any of the early arrivals plus serfty:

10:15 QF610 serfty

Both FlashKiwi and LinaLee are on the 11am Tour.
Yes, happy to swing by and pickup any attendees for the 11am tour. Will be at the pick-up spot suggested by QF WP at 1030am. My car seats 4. Could stretch to 5 if necessary but the middle seatbelt is fidly. Is that even a word?? I'll keep boot empty for any luggage.

My only concern is how to identify you guys After the tour, no probs to drop everyone back at terminal.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Originally Posted by kpc
QF WP!
I second that.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Do we all need to wear something Red or something with a Roo... or a plane?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by LinaLee
Yes, happy to swing by and pickup any attendees for the 11am tour. Will be at the pick-up spot suggested by QF WP at 1030am. My car seats 4. Could stretch to 5 if necessary but the middle seatbelt is fidly. Is that even a word?? I'll keep boot empty for any luggage.

My only concern is how to identify you guys After the tour, no probs to drop everyone back at terminal.
PM sent with my contact details.

Oh, fiddly is indeed a word.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:13 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Do we all need to wear something Red or something with a Roo... or a plane?
Please, please, please - nobody wear QF J PJs.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Whilst most of you know me, for those that don't, I'll be wearing a white polo shirt with a Flyertalk emblem.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Originally Posted by og
Please, please, please - nobody wear QF J PJs.
What, we need to get out the F PJ's?
Why not add a dinner jacket for the full effect!

QF WP - Can you advise tomorrow perhaps on the tally of parking spots at the Catering facility versus the number that might be driving? If there's room I'll just drive there, but if not, perhaps take the train or T-Bus and make the way from the Terminal with the fly-ins!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.