Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
A final reminder for those driving (or being driven), here is the site we are going to tomorrow.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place...6a22b58fc9!4b1

It is the white roof in the middle of the photo next to the street name (Gahnia Street). This is a separate roadway, and is from my recollection a continuation of Hibiscus Street.

If coming from the Domestic Airport, one wants to veer off to the left (onto Hibiscus) before the main roundabout upon leaving the airport. Follow that down and it becomes Gahnia.

Can't give clear directions about coming from the City, however it appears here are two options:

1. Taking Moreton Drive and veering off left (taking the International Terminal exit), take Nancy Bird Way (past a Maccas?) and then at the next roundabout, turn left (into Airport Drive) and then take any of the exits on the right that state Gahnia Street (or QCatering). There appear to be about 4 separate entrances to the street but note that Gahnia is one-way

2. The alternative is going along Moreton Drive, past the first left hand exit (to Novotel/Skygate/Woolworths) and then take the second exit (Airport Drive). Take this up to the the next roundabout (at International Airport) and continue straight through. Then take any of the exits on the right, et al....

Last edited by QF WP; Mar 4, 2016 at 5:11 am
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Just in case for those parking at the airport, but don't want to pay the crazy parking rates for hourly park near the terminal, there's a online special of $10/day from the Brisbane Airport website in the parking options called AIRPARK. It's a 7 minute shuttle bus ride with 20 mins waiting time.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:55 pm

If anyone going from city to the 11am tour I'm happy to share Uber, more convenient than train.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
UPDATE:

I have just spoken with Rachna. She has received 28 out of 40 signed Induction Forms. For those that have returned them on time, ^^.

For those that haven't; DO NOT send them through by email now because Red Roo will not be able to pass them onto the QCatering staff now (everybody, including Red Roo, have gone home). Please bring with you and it'll be processed at the QCatering site. You therefore MUST get there early to be processed, in order for you to join the Tour on time. If you fail to turn up early, expect to miss some of the Tour.

Remember the rules (dress code) and recall anat0l's wise words here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newre...ply&p=26271042

I have confirmed there is a secure area for leaving mobiles, chains, watches etc in the facility - probably better than leaving in a (locked) car in the carpark.

ID - You must bring the ID you sent to me (whether Drivers Licence or Passport). Especially important as no ID, no Tour.

The tour takes approximately 60-90 mins (depending on Q's going around) and there will be refreshments and Q&A opportunity at the end.

Then you are welcome to depart to the QC AGM
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Danny1501
If anyone going from city to the 11am tour I'm happy to share Uber, more convenient than train.
...or get in contact with FlashKiwi who is going to be picking up some others from the City and had seating for 7 IIRC.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:09 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Hard to believe that was 13 years ago!!....it was the first time I had ever met anyone that I had first chatted over the internet

Last edited by kpc; Mar 4, 2016 at 12:17 am
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Uber

Originally Posted by Danny1501
I messaged FlashKiwi but if he's full I'll be happy to share an über!
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Who's in 2A on QF637 ... they have a shadow ...
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
Who's in 2A on QF637 ... they have a shadow ...
Would be me. Don't see a block on EF but doesn't bother me either way

I am sure it will be filled. Hopefully by a FTer..

Or a leggy seatmate like on the way up lol

Did not make any requests to QF

Last edited by RichardMEL; Mar 4, 2016 at 5:38 am
Old Mar 4, 2016, 5:57 am

What time are the 11am'ers departing from the Hilton? I'm a couple of streets away, so will probably head over. Sharing an Uber does look like a possibility based on some conversations I've had.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
What time are the 11am'ers departing from the Hilton? I'm a couple of streets away, so will probably head over. Sharing an Uber does look like a possibility based on some conversations I've had.
Ditto. I do have a train tcket and was planning to head out tgerebut could meet folks at Hilton entrace/lobby too
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: QF LTG/WP, VA WP, TK GE, IHG Diamond, Marriot Titainium
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Ditto. I do have a train tcket and was planning to head out tgerebut could meet folks at Hilton entrace/lobby too
Sorry just got home :-( I have sent am PM to those who PM'ed me. I can pick up everybody at the Hilton at 10:30. 3 have PMed me so have room for 4 more.

If you are some where else in the City/City fringe PM me

Flashkiwi
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Would be me. Don't see a block on EF but doesn't bother me either way

I am sure it will be filled. Hopefully by a FTer..

Or a leggy seatmate like on the way up lol

Did not make any requests to QF
My mere WP'ness or PCV won't let me select 2C ...

Anyhoo .. had an interesting morning consisting of a train, bus, train and now another bus due to track works ... eta MEL JL 7am. (Left home 4:45am)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:36 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Ok...time to get out of bed and head to SYD for flight to BNE
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:39 pm

I'll be at the Hilton ground floor (probably sitting in the bar area assuming it's open (drinking coffee ) or the seats opposite reception from around 10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.