Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Nice to see some cats herding themselves last night and this morning

But there are some that are MIA. They have 5 hours before the list goes to QF for security checking...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QF WP

perthite - please send your DL and your return flight details. You have message via Messenger
Have emailed you.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Got it perthite - all okay, locked in.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Not unexpectedly, those that I know and contacted via SMS or Messenger were straight onto it.

mickeyc747 - I have been in touch with via Messenger. Awaiting ID's for both of you

RPM33.3, davem4, mww99, flyingzzzd's, Danny1501, Shinkz - Please confirm your attendance as the attendee list is closing today at 5pm BNE time. See PM sent to you all separately.

You have 3 hours
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

RPM33.3, davem4, Shinkz - you are the final 3 to confirm. The attendee list is closing in 1 hour and then I'll be culling the non-confirmers.

Looks like cove is looking good on the bubble at the moment.

Emails will be sent to QF this afternoon- once sent, that's it.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Have reminded one of the originals (IainF) about the AGM and he'll be there - og, Bundy Bear, kpc this will be a small reunion
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:24 am
Original Poster

The list has now closed and the spreadsheet will be off to QF shortly.

cove has made the list
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:35 am
Original Poster

The final list:

Attendees:

Qantas Staff:
Regional GM, Qld & NT
Head of Customer Experience, Brisbane
Digital Media Co-ordinator

GOLD:

1. QF WP
2. Bundy Bear
3. SQ421
4. penegal
5. Samh004
6. tuapekastar
7. perthite
8. serfty
9. Jojen
10. Jojen +1
11. beardoc
12. RichardMEL
13. Flashkiwi
14. Hvr
15. gwilli1
16. kpc
17. Travelingsmithy
18. Pixie_
19. windycityf
20. ALH
21. og
22. mww99
23. flyingzzzd's
24. Doug_Westcott
25. Danny1501
26. stark
27. mattm199
28. Storyteller
29. Aus_Mal
30. mickeyc747
31. mickeyc747 +1
32. nlagalle
33. Bluesky
34. LinaLee
35. madrooster
36. Priveluxe
37. JessicaTam
38. cove

AGM QP attendees (only)
Dee-Anne
anat0l
SFSC (hopeful)
Princess fiona
IainF

The people that didn't confirm can always attend the QC, but I'll still need their personal details to put on the list

RPM33.3
davem4
Shinkz
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:42 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Thanks for all your hard work QF WP! Pity you can't get NM to attend the AGM....I haven't seen him in years!!

Couple of Qs 1) Are photos allowed and is there somewhere to store a small backpack 2) is the catering place within walking distance of the airport
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
kpc you beat me to the questions - I was thinking similar. It may be a group of us can meet at BNE and we can all get cab or some nice local can get us and we could perhaps leave stuff in their boot if not somewhere at QCatering.

I seem to recall running after a late arrival last year and a pick up in the rain by the sensational main man.

QF WP great job again keeping on everyone with reminders during a busy work day.

re QP access.. last few weeks I have walked off flights and waved my P1 card and they don't check or ask just "Welcome" at BNE. I know it's not WP but they seem fairly relaxed, besides mentioning being part of the QF do would be enough too no doubt.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:11 am

I was thinking of training it out to Toombul, and then catching a local bus which should drop me off at the catering place (been ages since I've looked, so it might not be running any more).

I'll also have something to store (qf wp knows what it is), so likewise was wondering that too.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kpc
Thanks for all your hard work QF WP! Pity you can't get NM to attend the AGM....I haven't seen him in years!!
My recollection is that he is away in USA at present for work.

Couple of Qs 1) Are photos allowed and is there somewhere to store a small backpack 2) is the catering place within walking distance of the airport
1. Will ask the question to Red Roo and in my car.
2. 9 Ghania Street, Brisbane Airport (see map here: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place...3bc26a22b58fc9). Location is between the International & Domestic Terminals (off Airport Drive & Chloris Street). Please Note: Gahnia is a One Way street.

Last edited by QF WP; Mar 1, 2016 at 3:42 am
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
kpc you beat me to the questions - I was thinking similar. It may be a group of us can meet at BNE and we can all get cab or some nice local can get us and we could perhaps leave stuff in their boot if not somewhere at QCatering. I seem to recall running after a late arrival last year and a pick up in the rain by the sensational main man.
I hope that us friendly locals will be available to pick up - I have had offers in the thread from at least 4 people who are driving. I am awaiting Red Roo to advise whether QCatering have space for 5 to 7 cars at the facility

QF WP great job again keeping on everyone with reminders during a busy work day.
Was working from home today as my daughter was sick and off school

re QP access.. last few weeks I have walked off flights and waved my P1 card and they don't check or ask just "Welcome" at BNE. I know it's not WP but they seem fairly relaxed, besides mentioning being part of the QF do would be enough too no doubt.
QP access for the AGM is based on your name being on the list at the door, not what card you have or flight you are on. The days of "numbering up" with a WP member are long gone
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I was thinking of training it out to Toombul, and then catching a local bus which should drop me off at the catering place (been ages since I've looked, so it might not be running any more).

I'll also have something to store (qf wp knows what it is), so likewise was wondering that too.
Perhaps I can pick you up off said train and take care of the parcel for you
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Okay everyone, please pay careful attention and read the following. QF Social Media team have advised:

It would be wonderful to get some more insight into what aspects the group would most like to get out of their experience at the facility. For example, we can arrange demonstrations on how meals are prepared and presented, food tastings, refreshments at the facility etc. Keep us posted so we can plan your time there accordingly.

Given the size of the group, it would keep things moving if we can pre-process everyone’s visitor passes ahead of time.

I have also enclosed the Visitor Induction booklet and sign off sheet. We will just need the sign off sheets emailed back for our records before arrival.
The visitor booklets will also be available on the day at security if they don’t all get returned.

Finally, below are some details around clothing/jewellery requirements for entry into the facility. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.

Please wear closed in, flat shoes. We will provide you with shoe covers whilst you are in the production facility. To enter the production facility, we will provide you with hair nets, chef pants and jackets to wear over your regular clothes. For the ladies attending, I recommend they wear pants instead of a skirt or dress. This will make it easier with the chef pants.

To meet food safety and hygiene standards, no jewellery (with the exception of a plain wedding band without jewels) or nail polish is permitted. This is also outlined in the attached information sheet.
So I will need everybody's email addresses - the vast majority I have and you should get an email from me tomorrow. If I don't have your email address, please send me a PM. It is imperative that I get the documents to you tomorrow as we need them back to QF by COB Thursday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.