Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
PM sent with my contact details.

Oh, fiddly is indeed a word.
Yes got it. Have given my mobile n car description. I think it's looking likely I'll spot you guys

No PJs required......
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Just had a good chat with Peter, the ex-RGM who was the QF Exec who thought of both this years and last years Tours. Unfortunately his new role has kept him away from his family over the past few weeks and he's doing my "Daddy Day" Saturday. Also the new RGM, Elsa, has a pre-existing appointment with another group of QF FF's but I'm hoping to introduce her at the 15th AGM.

We will be joined by Darsh (Head of Customer Experience) and Thomas (Head of Catering) on Saturday.

The saddest message I've had is that Red Roo can't make it, but I'm hoping that somehow she can make it. Fingers crossed please everyone
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by LinaLee
My only concern is how to identify you guys After the tour, no probs to drop everyone back at terminal.
An appropriate (or inappropriate? ) printed sign may also be a good tool / help stand out.

Even DYKWIA printed in big letters on an A4 sheet of paper is an idea. I may have done something like that before when trying to meet some at another FT function.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: QF LTG/WP, VA WP, TK GE, IHG Diamond, Marriot Titainium
Originally Posted by QF WP
I know that FlashKiwi and LinaLee have offered to pick up attendees. I think FlashKiwi said his car can seat 6 or 7 pax. I can seat 4 and I'm sure LinaLee would be the same. Not sure about how some other locals are getting there.
I will be in the Valley early in the morning and heading out around 10:30 so can do a CBD pick-up for the 11am tour. Can fit 7.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Originally Posted by og
Please, please, please - nobody wear QF J PJs.
it's ok - I packed my F PJ's
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I like the idea of a DYKWIA sign though I suspect a group standing around the far (VA) end of the domestic terminal pick up zone would stand out a bit

I'll probably have a airline cap on me from the sun. Swiss probably (they were a QF partner, back in the day ). Resisting the urge for a *A one
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
My plan was to try and get a lift with samh004, but if that doesn't work I will be on the same train as Aus Mal.

Thanks for all your hard work QF WP.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:12 pm

I'm still deciding between heading to domestic and heading to Toombul via train.

Toombul has a better frequency than airtrain from memory, has no gate access fees and QF WP willing, is en route for him heading to the airport.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by anat0l
An appropriate (or inappropriate? ) printed sign may also be a good tool / help stand out.

Even DYKWIA printed in big letters on an A4 sheet of paper is an idea. I may have done something like that before when trying to meet some at another FT function.
Or alternatively, print out a Flyertalk logo @:-)
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

To remind those driving to the Tour, we have been allocated 10 car spots (advised by Red Roo who confirmed with QCatering) - see post below.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26270534-post223.html

Don’t believe we qualify for the Staff Carpark, so we will be at the one in front of the facility (see Car Park 2 details in the Visitor Information sheet previously emailed). Will confirm with Red Roo this afternoon.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

As part of my call with the ex-EGM, we brainstormed a number of items for next years AGM. Can't disclose yet, but we need to top the Maintenance Hanger and QCatering . We're under pressure but a couple of ideas have legs...
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I'm still deciding between heading to domestic and heading to Toombul via train.

Toombul has a better frequency than airtrain from memory, has no gate access fees and QF WP willing, is en route for him heading to the airport.
We'll need to swap mobile numbers...

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
My plan was to try and get a lift with samh004, but if that doesn't work I will be on the same train as Aus Mal.

Thanks for all your hard work QF WP.
You may also want to touch base with SQ421, as I believe he's going into the CBD to check into his hotel room and drop his bag (given his very early arrival into BNE).

If that is the case, then Aus_Mal we don't need to swap numbers - I have both SQ421 and Bundy Bear in my Address Book.

Originally Posted by FlashKiwi
I will be in the Valley early in the morning and heading out around 10:30 so can do a CBD pick-up for the 11am tour. Can fit 7.
Alternatively, you three could contact FlashKiwi and score a lift with him, I can give you his number (with his approval)

(Thanks Aus_Mal, just got your Messenger comment)

Last edited by QF WP; Mar 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Was just talking to IainF and we were reminiscing about the inaugural AGM and going through the list of those unable to attend this year.

For a laugh, read the thread here
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum
The link "79928-ft-meeting-bne-qc-21-feb-2-30pm-onwards.html" does not work for me
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doug_westcott
The link "79928-ft-meeting-bne-qc-21-feb-2-30pm-onwards.html" does not work for me
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...m-onwards.html
Post 84 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/762861-post84.html
Who was the Wilson bloke who got suspended?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.