Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Party flight to MEL boarded gate 20 gwilli off to gate 25 ...

Thanks QF WP for organising.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:04 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Back in Sydney. It was a very enjoyable day trip to Bne. Many thanks to Qantas, QF WP, and everyone else for making it a great day.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Hope everyone had a great time, sorry to have missed it again.

Will get back for it one day...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:57 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
As per others, thanks to everyone, especially the organisers for making it a special day. Also, a big cheer to the Q Catering staff who gave up their weekend time to proudly show off their facility.

As for the meal on the flight home, "lamb and pasta", I'll avoid it next time.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Ah the meal on the flight home ...

The FA approached me after take off to say they could see I should have a special meal, but it hadn't been loaded. But... but... but... I saw it!

It seems a certain pax in 4D worded up the FA to take the pi$$.

I got my much discussed meal and it was one of the better ones I have had: Thai green curry veg and egg noodles.

Thanks QF WP, QF, and all those who helped make such a successful day out.

So how can next year top this one? ^
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:20 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Am now home after another awesome FT AGM. Nice to have a shadow between 4D and 4F.

The organisational skills on QF WP have again proven to be unsurpassed and the Qantas staff gave freely of their time to make our day memorable.

The previous poster did not sit in 4D, this poster did.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
It was such a great day (as always!)

QF WP is so humble, but in my view he does such a wonderful job every year, and this year more than most it's been harder for him personally, and to get it all sorted (with assistance from JessicaTam and others) has been great and SO appreciated by those of us able to go.

FOr me the catering tour was REALLY interesting and not fully what I expected (specially the main food cooking area which was.. small lol). I loved learning the whole story to see it from strip down of the carts, cleaning, to bringing the food in, weighing and prep to the specific item "formulas" then cooking, plating and loading back to the carts to be taken away. The measures to go to prevent insects, dirt and other contamination getting into the building and so on to be really interesting and certainly gives confidence when eating those (so so) meals on board

and of course there was that entire rack of lindt balls....

then the team at BNE QC who looked after our large and loud group were simply fantastic - from brief chats with the managers to the absolutely glorious staff (Chantal for one who looked after our little group amongst others) were simply fantastic and geat ambassadors for customer service, QF and really did seem to enjoy interacting with us. Sure they went out of their way to provide somewhat better than the normal lounge fare (those choritzo hot dogs were great!) but it was such a lovely afternoon with conversations, stories and good times.

And already teasers for next year and maybe 2018... will be booking the weekend sooner rather than later

thanks again everyone for such a great day!

and remember "Why go direct when you can connect?!"
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Another excellent event organized by QF WP

The Q Catering tour was very well done, we got to see a lot more than I expected, it must be a tough job making sure all the meal trays and boxes are ready to go and get packed on a plane in a timely manner.

I guess the best part of the tour was actually seeing the trolley with all the special meals including the meal for Jessica. ^

When we arrived Qcatering had set up a room with some refreshments and snacks to have before the tour and a number of QCatering staff were on hand to answer any of number of questions.

Then it was an afternoon back at the Qantas lounge for a few drinks and more chats with the staff and other Flyertalkers, very big turn out.

Good spread of food as we had our own area, not sure what the rest of the passengers thought of our little gathering.

Group photo as usual, 2016 version.

Thanks to everyone who turned up.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I am sorry that I did not see this sooner. It sounds like it was a very cool event.

My car hire is due back to BNE at 1420 and my VA flight is at 1830. If anyone is flying out and can guest me into a lounge, I would be most grateful.

ETA I flew in on qf and had a lovely flight.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Mar 6, 2016 at 12:20 am
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
A great day as usual, very interesting tour of the catering facility, and a nice round of food and bev in the QC afterwards. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Many thanks to (especially) QF WP for heading up the organisation of the event.

Also many thanks to the Q Catering staff who very generously gave their time and expertise to lead an excellent and informative tour of the facility.

To The Qantas Club staff who looked after us so well on the day.

To other QF staff involved in the organising - RGM, RedRoo and anyone else.

To those who chauffered people around on the day (in my case QF WP and anat0l)

Last but not least - to all those who attended. No attendees = no event.

Apologies if I missed anyone.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Many thanks to QF WP and all involved in the organization of the AGM. The food was lovely and the staff amazing as usual.
I'm now safely home and packing for tomorrow's QF1
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Sorry I missed it - sounds like a great day.

Thanks to QF WP for the continuing work with QF to put these events on.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat

Well I dropped Storyteller at Chermside Shopping Centre taxi rank and got home at 12:30am - the slumber party had just commenced slumbering.

It was a delight to organise and to see how everybody enjoyed themselves - that's the desired outcome.

The willingness of all the QF staff and QP servers was amazing again this year - I certainly saw a number of other pax looking over inquiringly at us being served rather than self serve.

The spread put on by both QCatering and at the QP shows they are really wanting to engage with us.

Linda, Thomas, and Chris from Catering were delighted to have real pax to greet and show around - a far cry from the usual crew. The technology in the facility was amazing - it certainly made me think there is much more to the logistics than ever before.

A pity I missed Darsh and the Catering managers but the staff (Charmaine and Amelia) did justice to their positions.

Onto next year - thank you for your vote of confidence in my abilities...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:08 pm

Yep, a great day once again. Qf WP, thanks for organising. Flashkiwi and Anat0l, thanks for the lifts, Sq421 thanks for sharing the Uber, and I still owe you money for it!

The catering tour was amazing. The passion shown by staff there was incredible.

Qantas club didn't fail to impress. Staff again were great.

And of course the attendees were the best part. Great to see everyone.

Big thanks to QF WP and Qantas.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by kpc
Back in Sydney. It was a very enjoyable day trip to Bne. Many thanks to Qantas, QF WP, and everyone else for making it a great day.
I didn't get to say hello. I had to rush home

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.