Wiki Posts
Search

Woolies thinks QF is on the nose

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by perthite
Would have been in 98/99 they changed the program from earning 1 point per $20 to 1 point per $5. Exsiting balances and redemption rates were basically muliplied by 20, so a 550 point redemption became an 11,000 point rdemption.
ISTR MEL/BNE was at a higher level than MEL/SYD ... and the redemption levels were for a return basis. I have been thinking 17K, but it may have been 21K ... I have some old doco in the files - I may chase the moths out and have a look.

In any case, the EDR / QFF relationship began while my local (within 3 minute drive) supermarket consisted of a Safeway. Shopping ratio's were something like WW:90%, Coles 5% and other 0%. Since then a Coles and an Aldi have popped up within the area and shopping had devolved to WW: 70%, Coles 25% and other 5%.

I suspect this will go to at least 50% Coles as I prefer a guaranteed benefit (such as the minimum ½¢ FB give on groceries).
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Are you really saying that you have been deliberately buying products of a lower standard and higher price to purchase QF points?

If Woolworth's is a cheaper location for some shopping, you would deliberately pay more due to no QF points? I assume that you will cancel the Woolworth's reward card?

If so, I suspect that you are in a very small minority
Where I live, I have a choice of WW, Coles or Foodland. Prices of the stuff that I buy are usually more or less the same at all three, although Foodland has the friendliest service. The cheapest place to get groceries in ADL is probably the Central Market, but there you have to go from stall to stall, and most stalls will not accept CC, so it is small amounts of cash here and there. Even if some stalls accept CC, there is a minimum amount spent and the amount that I spend at an individual stall is usually below their minimum amount for CC use.
I will probably ditch WW for Foodland.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Woolies seems to know what it's doing but QF seems to be in a "watch this space" holding pattern

http://www.smh.com.au/business/retai...26-gkid73.html

Edited: I was sort-of wrong. QF have a very clear position on flogging vacuum cleaners but still have no position on the Woolies relationship.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by og
Woolies seems to know what it's doing but QF seems to be in a "watch this space" holding pattern

http://www.smh.com.au/business/retai...26-gkid73.html

Edited: I was sort-of wrong. QF have a very clear position on flogging vacuum cleaners but still have no position on the Woolies relationship.
Woolworths has no idea what its doing. The "problems" Woolworths has been having over the last few years are directly caused by management at norwest.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Based on what I can see in this weeks catalogue, it will take me ages to get 10 Woolworths Dollars. They're really going to need to some pretty good targetted offers or soemthing else to make this work I think.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:57 pm

Based on what I can see in this weeks catalogue, it will take me ages to get 10 Woolworths Dollars. They're really going to need to some pretty good targetted offers or soemthing else to make this work I think.
it's quite an interesting view of "simple"--- instead of a simple $2.00 off bread today, they'll offer you $2.00 off someday for buying bread today, but only after you've also in the meantime bought designated products not marked down to "earn" at least $8.00 more.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
Woolworths now seems to think I will buy items chosen by them (and not many items in the first week) for Rewards dollars with a use-by that I can't estimate. Coles has offered me $25 off for three weekly shops of $50 each. I think sales at Woolworths could be weak in the first month of the new deal. Perhaps they will see an incentive to strike a new deal with QF for next year
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:44 am

Logging into my Woolworths Rewards account threw up a few extra offers, but still nothing stunning......

Good thing we can double dip on Qantas points till the ned of the year...
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
it's made me turn away from Woolies, I only would shop there for the QF FF tie in so I will be off to Safeway now
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I'm off to Coles! After I'm over my sulking I'll probably choose based on proximity.
If the EY Coles tie up feeds back to VA in any useful way then I may stick with Coles.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by garethlewis
it's made me turn away from Woolies, I only would shop there for the QF FF tie in so I will be off to Safeway now
o.O
Safeway is Woolworths...
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Logging into my Woolworths Rewards account threw up a few extra offers, but still nothing stunning......

Good thing we can double dip on Qantas points till the ned of the year...
'cept the revised/new site is no longer showing any QFF points information.

Also, the dockets are now just showing QFF earn as 'at least 1 point' on purchases of $31+, not a value worked on sale amount less 30 ...
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
'cept the revised/new site is no longer showing any QFF points information.

Also, the dockets are now just showing QFF earn as 'at least 1 point' on purchases of $31+, not a value worked on sale amount less 30 ...
That new simpler statement on point earn is to save paper - probably several km of docket paper each month.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
The new program is completely useless. I did a normal shop last Friday and not one item had an orange tag. I do normally buy crumpets but the $3.10 ones were so overpriced it was ridiculous. Coles had them for $1.59.

This program is going to fail if they don't at least open it up to all spend instead of orange ticket items and let people save up larger amounts for one big shop. Saving $10 every 7-8 weeks is not going to rock anyone's world!

Looks like Coles and Etihad are my official shopping choices at least from 1 Jan!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
The new program is completely useless.
Have to agree. Removing Qantas Points is neither here nor there for me, but the new program is a dud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.