Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. AAdvantage or Mileage Plan Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First Class passengers departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from an international or domestic short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  5. *Recent Reports Indicate Access via the following Criteria is being Denied with patrons being sent to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: .First Class passengers^ travelling on a three class transcontinental American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight on a designated route (e.g. between Los Angeles & New York).
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).

§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day. Such Lounge access is based on the class of services of the long haul flight (First or Business) regardless of the class of travel on the short haul flight.

^ Regarding AA EXP in any cabin. This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on 3 class transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so much these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, YOUR QUESTION MAY BE ANSWERED HEREIN

Lounge access rules

All non-AA and Non-AS Oneworld Emerald members have access to this lounge on any oneworld itinerary regardless of cabin or final destination.

AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day.

No Class of Service access for domestic F without non AA and non AS Emerald status unless on designated (generally 3-class) flights to JFK and MIA.

Passengers on any 3-cabin AA flight to JFK, BOS or MIA in First Class.

Emirates pax do not have access except for Qantas Platinum One. EDIT: Appears to be that Qantas removed that access criteria from their lounge access page so I wouldn't count on this working.

No access if connecting to a non-Oneworld airline or partner.

Separate tickets within oneworld do not matter other than it has to be same day . E.g. QF F to AA Y on the same day.

To walk from T4 to TBIT will take approximately 10 minutes one way so plan accordingly if visiting this lounge.

More detail here: Lounge Access | oneworld.com

Qantas.com Access Rules, with specific carve-out for transcon markets.

Print Wikipost

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Lunch Menu Schedule?

Does anyone know what time the lunch menu goes into effect?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Does anyone know what time the lunch menu goes into effect?
My guess is 11:30am, which is when it does for the SYD/MEL QF F lounges.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:16 pm

Menu

Hello,

Does anyone knows what is the latest menu featured at the lounge? It is The Winter Menu or the Spring Menu?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:49 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As much as it pains me to post this link which includes the current menu you have requested.

If you're flying QF F they will email you menus if you contact them.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...nge-breakfast/

Last edited by m0hamed; Apr 8, 2016 at 6:21 am
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:02 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Avoid the scrambled eggs from the QF F lounge (LAX). The version I had 2 months ago was very sad indeed. At least Vegemite was served with the toast
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by m0hamed
As much as it pains me to post this link

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...nge-breakfast/
Yup. Saw that yesterday as a regular OMAAT reader.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:08 pm

Can someone please confirm if I would have access? I am arriving on QF in First but my QF flight to JFK is in J.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Can someone please confirm if I would have access? I am arriving on QF in First but my QF flight to JFK is in J.
It should work.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Do I get access if I am flying a QF codeshare EK-metal but am oneworld emerald?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:51 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by keitherson
Do I get access if I am flying a QF codeshare EK-metal but am oneworld emerald?
No, the rule is quite clearly stated at http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en

For OWE you must be on a Oneworld marketed and operated flight. QF codeshare satisfies the first condition but EK operated fails the 2nd test.
QFF Platinum do have access but not based on their OWE status Sometimes AA EXP isn't enough (hence why I have both).
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by number_6
No, the rule is quite clearly stated at http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en

For OWE you must be on a Oneworld marketed and operated flight. QF codeshare satisfies the first condition but EK operated fails the 2nd test.
QFF Platinum do have access but not based on their OWE status Sometimes AA EXP isn't enough (hence why I have both).
Its worth noting that QFF Platinum does not have access at LAX when fllying EK, Platinum One does however.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:24 pm

I am a Oneworld Emerald ticketed to fly SYD-LAX in economy. Would I have day of arrival QF F lounge access in the following situations?

(1) I book a non-OW flight continuing on same day from LAX and show my SYD-LAX boarding pass
(2) I book a domestic AA flight continuing on same day from LAX on a separate ticket
(3) I book an international AA flight continuing on same day - say from LAX to YVR or MEX

Haven't finalized my travel plans continuing on from LAX yet and didn't find clear info upthread. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
1. Definitely No
2. Yes, albeit this may change on 1Sep when QF stops interlining and it becomes harder to argue you are on an international itin
3. Yes
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Extended Hours for New AA 193 (LAX-HKG)?

AA is starting a new route from LAX to HKG on Sept 7th. The flight is scheduled for a 1:55 AM departure. Any signs that this lounge will extend their hours to say 1:00 AM to accommodate the eligible F and OWE pax on that flight?

I'm not suggesting they should, but wonder if they will..
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
AA LAX-HKG would depart from T4 not TBIT so the FL/AC will stay open and no reason to keep the QF lounge open longer for this flight (doubt AA would want to pay for that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.