Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

12th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 22 Feb 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 22 Feb 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
I hope I'm not too late to the party.

Finally got the approval from the Ministry for Finance and worked out how my uni timetable will work and can attend.

I am a QF SG.

Looking forward to attending my first AGM, unfortunately I won't be able to do lunch unless I plan on waking up at 3am...

edit: whoops forgot to include flight details

CNS-BNE QF709 dep 1010 arr 1220

BNE-CNS JQ942 dep 2135 arr 2335

Last edited by caviack; Feb 13, 2014 at 5:01 am Reason: added flight details
Old Feb 13, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by caviack
Looking forward to attending my first AGM, unfortunately I won't be able to do lunch unless I plan on waking up at 3am...
Look forward to meeting you again Mr No Avatar
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by penegal
Look forward to meeting you again Mr No Avatar
It's ok I'll do the drinking for you. :P

And I knew I should've waited... two days after I book my flights QF have a sale and the tickets drop by $50.... No QF I will not love you, regardless of what your sale says.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Great work QF WP!!!

Do we have some timings for the QF hosted portion of the days events? It was to start 1500ish IIRC?
RichardMEL, there are a few people flying in between 1250 and 1410 and not attending lunch, so I'm guessing they may be in the QP quite early. As for the BCers, I think we start drifting off to the airport sometime between 1400 and 1430 so should be in full swing come 1500.

If there is an 'official' start time I do not know it. I know a list of names is given to QF by QF WP, but I've never had my name ticked off a list or anything like that - just front at the desk (usually a carload of us) and say we are attending AFF meeting, and it is 'go right on in'. Could be a YMMV, but that is what has happened with me in the past.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Thanks QF WP

Thanks for organizing it all again. Hope everyone has a great time.
I am sorry I won't be able to make it as I am still away at the moment.
Kind wishes. John.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I'm looking forward - seems like a pretty big turnout, and the QF involvement is great.

As for me I'm aiming to turn up at the QP 1400 or so. I can get in with my BP and status, so no issue. I was thinking to just go to the AGM "corner" and hang around.

Guess QF WP will give us more info before Sat - or I hope so anyway
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
I think I'll wander in to the J lounge when I first get there and go around to the AGM corner from about 14:00.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SFSC
I think I'll wander in to the J lounge when I first get there and go around to the AGM corner from about 14:00.
Yes, I had considered that option too. I may be lunching elsewhere first, so that means the J lounge (for me) is not so important, but if not, I'd go to the J side as the food would possibly be better (let's not start a discourse on quality or otherwise of lounge food ).

I have a feeling the FT group will be fairly easy to pick out and hopefully it's a slowish afternoon in the QC

Hopefully not like the other day I was in the J lounge and there was an unfortunate mechanical on an Antartic charter that had a large group in there for about 4 hours. The cheers when boarding was announced was something to behold though ....
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, list is about to be put together of attendees names to go to Regional GM for him to put in a list on the door. Yes, saying you're attending the "Flyertalk meeting" may also work

If I don't know your real name, a PM to me will work a treat [kiwia1, moa999 and caviack]

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 18, 2014 at 11:42 pm
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: QF LTG/WP, VA WP, TK GE, IHG Diamond, Marriot Titainium
Last minute attendee...... again......please add me to the list - BNE based. Sent PM to QF WP

Originally Posted by QF WP
Okay, list is about to be put together of attendees names to go to Regional GM for him to put in a list on the door. Yes, saying you're attending the "Flyertalk meeting" may also work

If I don't know your real name, a PM to me will work a treat [kiwia1, moa999 and caviack]
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Sounds like a plan, I'll shout you a beer
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:42 am

I get in at 12.50 and intend doing same.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:44 am

If I don't know your real name, a PM to me will work a treat [kiwia1, moa999 and caviack][/QUOTE]

PM sent. Looking forward to the day!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Sounds like a plan, I'll shout you a beer
^ Probably will miss you at NTL though so will hang around the J lounge a little longer and wander round to the corner closer to the time the lunchers get back.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwia1
I get in at 12.50 and intend doing same.
I'll look for you. I'll have a maroon carry on with green/orange stickers on the sides and an orange tag on the handle with "This is NOT your bag" printed on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.