Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

12th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 22 Feb 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 22 Feb 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by mattm199
Can we share an outline of such things discussed with the QF reps, or feedback offered?
I only heard a fraction of it, but it seemed quite wide-ranging.

A couple of topics included:

• Lounges
  • Priority Boarding
  • Onboard recognition and servce
  • Onboard meals in cardboard boxes
  • Upgrades, or lack thereof
  • Platinum vs Platinum One
  • MASAs
  • EK alliance
  • Jetstar
  • Rumoured route changes
  • Fleet planning (A330 refurb, 787-900s, etc)
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Hi, another great FT AGM, thanks to QF WP for organizing a successful event.

Qantas did even better than last year in setting up a small drinks tray in the FT corner, and it was great to chat to a few of the Qantas staff.

Qantas are about to launch a few new menu items, I think they will start in the J lounge, a few samples were tried. As mentioned a large lunch at the Breakfast Creek Hotel was not really necessary, but it did help to ensure you weren't drinking on an empty stomach.

Thanks to Oz for the lift to the Hilton on Friday night and a lift to the breakfast Creek on Saturday.

As always I organize a group photo, a larger version will be on Facebook, a few were missing , you had warning.

To those that missed the FT QF AGM, the last weekend in February is usually selected, please plan your flights/holidays accordingly.

Last year I lived the closest to Brisbane airport; this year I lived the furthest, with my set of flights this weekend, I have requalified Gold for another year, Platinum will be out of reach, I have also achieved lifetime silver.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Hi all.. a bit late but better than never!

Had a great time, even though I did not get to be involved with any of the QF folks and discussions there - I think I missed out on lots (now what's this about the ice cream in the J lounge?!! ).

I did get to speak to quite a few people, many of whose names I've forgotten (apologies!) but had some very interesting discussions on various topics and learned some things along the way.

The staff (Accor) were fantastic and friendly, and I loved at least one waiter spent a bit of time (but not to the detriment of service) to chat with us about some airline geekery. That was cool. I am sure the rest of the QC folks wondered who the rowdy lot were whoose noise drowned out half the boarding announcements I think, but QF handled it very well. the food I saw looked good (but I did not partake in much myself) and there was a clear intent to make a good impression on us all and really show an effort.

Given the current QF environment news wise, imminent results announcement, staff losses and so on had me wondering how QF would handle this event, but they did very well.

I have to say the point of taking the photo (above) with poor Nick from QF taking the pic, and the "3-2-1 VIRGIN!" yell was hilarious

My flight home was good. I had a fascinating discussion with my seatmate who was flying BNE-MEL/QF-DOH/QR and we spent the quick flight drinking wine and talking on various topics. I was exhausted by the time I got home, and that was when my seatmate would have just been boarding his QR flight...

Thanks to QF WP for organisation. I know Linsday kept saying it was nothing, but it IS something and good. I am looking forward to the VA version, given that is very much foreign territory for me!!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Similarly a bit late to add my piece, but in no order of importance:

A huge thanks to the QF Reps (Peter, Dean and Nick) who gave up weekend time with family and friends to host the event. This was a step up from even the previous two years and I hope that there was a deal of information sharing from both sides. Certainly the abililty to pull 6 Plat Ones, 11 Plats and 8 Golds out of an attendance of 29 to this event makes QF interested in attending

Kudos to the dedicated catering staff looking after our every F&B need. Haydn was great server and I had a good chat to him about our group. Given the stature of the QF reps there, we were certainly being waited on hand and foot

Hopefully I got around to introduce myself to everybody. I had failed in previous years, so that was my aim this year. Was great to see so many mini-groups discussing airline related stuff, much of what penegal alluded to in a recent post.

My input wasn't huge, but it was good to meet regularly with Peter to update him with numbers and discuss points that are important to our membership.

You think this Do was good, there is something in the early planning stages that should surpass it by a country mile and you won't need to wait a year for it. I'll probably have to post it both on AFF & FT, so logistics will be a little more complex. Might need mwenenzi's spreadsheeting capabilities

Keep your eyes peeled.

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 24, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
You think this Do was good, there is something in the early planning stages that should surpass it by a country mile and you won't need to wait a year for it. I'll probably have to post it both on AFF & FT, so logistics will be a little more complex. Might need mwenenzi's spreadsheeting capabilities

Keep your eyes peeled.
I am happy to volunteer my spreadsheet skills in the background to assist with this mystery event.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:44 pm

I have Peter's card and will try to drop him a mail before I go to the airport this evening... This flying thing is so time consuming
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist

Keep your eyes peeled.
Looking forward to it QF WP.

And might I throw in my spreadsheeting capabilities right behind penegals!

^^
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: VA Gold , QF Gold. Accor Gold , HH Gold, IHG Plantinum. Avis Preferred
A bit late jumping in also . Thanks QF WP for organising a great day again . Much appreciated by me & I'm sure all attendees. Qantas & Accor Staff were brilliant , BCH lunch was delicious as always. Great to meet some more new faces and to catch up with plenty of familiar ones also . The only downside was having to leave early . How about introducing " fly back " , Virgin ??? . Will definitely book a later flight next time. Look forward to what rabbit your going to pull out of your hat QF WP with the next one .
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:38 pm

Magnificent afternoon - kudos to QF WP, well deserved. Also big props to the Qantas team who were there for the AGM, as well as the Accor team that waited on us for the afternoon. Topping, let alone matching, this standard for next year's AGM is going to be a non-trivial exercise.

And that's without considering the special idea for a do that QF WP and Qantas has in the plan pipeline. I'm excited!*

Of course, this is always a great opportunity to catch up with other FFers who have come in from across the country. It was great to see you all again, as well as meet new faces.

*Subject to my being able to fly in for said event when it happens
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Just spoke to my Qld QF contact who was ringing me to follow up and see whether attendees enjoyed themselves. I commented that with 30 showing up, I didn't hear a negative comment He also commented that the whole QF team had enjoyed meeting and discussing items of interest to both parties.

He mentioned that he'd had a rather busy day, but he commented that the release of the BNE Terminal will free up QF to run an airline and BAC to run the airport - surely a better use of (human) resources on both sides. He agreed that with the hand-back, the BNE Intl Terminal will probably see some growth and the new Lounge as slated in the announcement.

No, that wasn't the future event venue

Also, my huge thanks to penegal who organised a gift to be sent to QF Management on our behalf. It has been gratefully received and will be apportioned between the different people.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
He mentioned that he'd had a rather busy day, but he commented that the release of the BNE Terminal will free up QF to run an airline and BAC to run the airport - surely a better use of (human) resources on both sides.
There may be one or two folk around that would question how well BAC can run an airport!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
All these hints about the future event as getting me a bit excited (yes, that sounds scary doesn't it?!) .. can't wait for details

Kudos to QF WP and penegal for doing the right thing and sending a gift to QF Management - sorely needed this week of most I am sure and appropriate. Had I known I would have been more than happy to put in, as I am sure others would.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:58 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Behind-the-scenes of the new-look A330 Something particularly appropriate for those of us on the tour, given that we walked through a stripped down A330!

Dave
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:12 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.