Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas pax delay flight because of no F pajamas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas pax delay flight because of no F pajamas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thadocta
However, those posts are far more valid than those from people who have no idea, and are merely making "What if" or "Perhaps" types posts, at least they have some information gleaned from those who were there on which to base their posts.
I meant to type hearsay but for some reason it came out incorrectly

I disagree

It seems undisputed that the person disembarked and that the lack of a service item was a reason in it and that neither reports know what the passenger was thinking at the time

Whether there was at least something else that occurred prior to that which has led to this , is a matter of conjecture regardless of where it comes from. It could be that the passenger is a difficult to please customer and nothing else happened or could be that the person has been disappointed with service offerings in the past being missed on other flights and decided to make a stand on it
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Whether there was at least something else that occurred prior to that which has led to this , is a matter of conjecture regardless of where it comes from. It could be that the passenger is a difficult to please customer and nothing else happened or could be that the person has been disappointed with service offerings in the past being missed on other flights and decided to make a stand on it
I agree, but we have had people saying "What if he had had bad service for the last 8 times out of 10" and so on. None of this is known, and to try to condone the behaviour based on things which might be possible (but are unknown) is ludicrous.

For all we know,it could have been because Lisa Robertson wasn't working the flight, the thing I am saying is that WE DON'T KNOW, and there has been a lot of conjecture on this board about why it could have happened.

We have evidence from two posters as to wheat happened, the rest is purely media (and we know where that lies, right there with my Lisa Robertson reference) so, as I said, most of what has been posted on this thread is nothing more than conjecture and speculation.

Dave
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I think you mean "hearsay", although it is not technically "hearsay" under normal rules of evidence, and would be admitted in a court of law.
While Dave N's explanation was almost right, he was correct in his assertion that eoinz's report was hearsay.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:34 am

I think you mean "hearsay", although it is not technically "hearsay" under normal rules of evidence, and would be admitted in a court of law.
A court of law, in normal situations, would not allow evidence where a person is just relating what someone else told them since that is clearly hearsay

Dave
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Everything in this thread is hearsay. Only the passengers and the FA's who were involved can give direct evidence.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Perhaps this was the 8th time in 10 First Class long haul flights that Qantas hadn't been able to provide the passengers with this service item.
Even if this had been the case, the passengers' action was still totally childish, immature, self-centred attention seeking.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
A court of law, in normal situations, would not allow evidence where a person is just relating what someone else told them since that is clearly hearsay
Sorry to go OT, but actually this really depends on where you are, and in which court.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:46 am

I must say I'm somewhat bemused by the cheer squad for this guy; I can just imagine the response had he boarded and accepted the grey PJs and then come here to complain about it.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Everything in this thread is hearsay. Only the passengers and the FA's who were involved can give direct evidence.
All the posts on this forum is hearsay then.

To be honest if this happened on SQ/CX/JL etc I'm sure it will yield different replies. Fact is that the service level on QF is inconsistent and I'm sure many people here have experienced some bad service. Therefore it is not all unreasonable to have all these assumptions on what happened on that flight
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by DH188
I must say I'm somewhat bemused by the cheer squad for this guy; I can just imagine the response had he boarded and accepted the grey PJs and then come here to complain about it.
Not nearly as bemused as I am that so many people are happy to judge, ridicule and name call on the basis of less than half of one side of a story.
I would hope that if I ever appear before a court the jury members won't be content to judge after listening to half of the prosecution's case and falling asleep for the rest of the proceedings.

Perhaps the cheer squad you refer to is really only a few who want to inject some balance into the kangaroo court that is Flyertalk.

My previous post was not so much eulogising these passengers' actions as a subtle attempt to suggest that many seem very quick to judge on the basis of very little of the story. There are of course some posters who don't understand subtlety and prefer to respond to anything with obnoxiousness.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
[.....................
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by correctioncx
All the posts on this forum is hearsay then.
No; often people are posting about what has happened to themselves and that isn't

This thread is only commenting about what has been reported by a third party about what happened

As far as DH188's comment about a "cheer squad", I haven't read that, only that there are 2 sides to a story and there may be more to it than a single, one off case of the pyjamas not being available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.