New domestic A330-200 EBO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by serfty
abolishment
*cringe*

Don't they teach English in schools any more?

Dave
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Business Class Workspace

Well here is a news.com.au article with photos and comments from top quality journalist Ben
For me it is a fail and I wonder if it is blind slavery to QFF and corporate contracts that keep passengers flying Business Class on QF compared to the Virgin Australia A330 offering.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I find it so hard to believe the qantas spokesman... the only pax having that extra room are those in the centre... and what exactly can you put on there?? laptop? nope... you'd be twisting around to use it. other documents? well, not unless you wanted to share your company secrets with the person sitting next to you.

it's a fail!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While people will keep blindly flying on Qantas, then why would there be any expectation that they will change

from the article... according to Qantas "passengers love its new A330 planes" so obviously this new offering is what people love. Why would anyone want a lie flat bed on virgin when they can have a plastic shroud on the middle seat instead
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Dixon, Carnegie, et al must be loving this.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:35 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
So it seems QF is quoting passengers who like extra space next to them (and that is only 2 out of 6 passengers in every row). They are not saying anything about the narrow seats or restricted leg room.

So really, its about as logical as QF saying: "67% of our Business Class passengers on the lovely new A330 aircraft are quite happy in not having extra work space provided for them".
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as with any marketing survey it all comes down to the question asked... 'did you enjoy having the extra workspace' elicits a 'yes', but quite obviously they have failed to ask the question 'as a total experience how do you rate the product as a whole' or even better 'how do you rate this product against virgin'
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
It really is just another reason to give the 'roo the flick, and move to the harlot.

Of course with my 5 comp upgrades sitting idle on my Velocity account, I'm far more likely to enjoy a domestic J experience with Virgin than with QF anyway.....

Seriously, will no one rid us of this troublesome Irishman?????
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by thadocta
*cringe*

Don't they teach English in schools any more?

Dave
Abolishment, while used less than abolition, is still in common use, and both acceptable and correct.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:44 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Just a friendly reminder to please stay on topic [/mod hat]
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:49 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The earlier linked photo of the 2x3x2 "business" class seating looked alarmingly like JL's "domestic J" product. But this was (IIRC) $10 more than a standard whY seat and offered nothing more than a little extra legroom and 110% points (can't remember the SC pay) - certainly nothing like the QF Business Class we have come to expect (and pay for).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
The earlier linked photo of the 2x3x2 "business" class seating looked alarmingly like JL's "domestic J" product. But this was (IIRC) $10 more than a standard whY seat and offered nothing more than a little extra legroom and 110% points (can't remember the SC pay) - certainly nothing like the QF Business Class we have come to expect (and pay for).
you are correct... but jal's product is not supposed to be a business class... it is an economy type product offering with a wider seat and more legroom. called 'class j'.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Actually the seat width and pitch is functionally the same between the millenium seat and the new J seat (which while looks the same as the Y+ seat is a different seat).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.