Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

First Class Lounge Sydney VS Melbourne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lounge Sydney VS Melbourne

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
I have been watching my tags this year. Definitely seems to have been a change - as a SG I am now always getting orange tags from domestic ports (MEL/SYD/BNE/PER/HBA). Internationally still pink.
As an SG I've had 100% pink tags through PER/BNE/SYD/MEL and all international flights. As a PS I found it to be inconsistent as to whether I would get orange, pink or nothing (on both international and domestic).
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:33 pm

I have an award booking in F on QF9 from MEL sometime later this year, with 2 family members traveling in Y on the same flight.

I'm wondering if its possible for me to give up my lounge access, and in my place, access for both my family members (including any prior arranged spa treatments)? This should not be unreasonable as normal access is F pax + 1 guest, with this being switched to 2 guest, with F pax not entering the lounge.

I would also like to have a single seat switch with one of my family members, with her taking my F seat, and myself in Y from the start of the flight. Should this be arranged directly with the CSM once on board? Any likely problems with this arrangment?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:52 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by furryraccoon
I would also like to have a single seat switch with one of my family members, with her taking my F seat, and myself in Y from the start of the flight. Should this be arranged directly with the CSM once on board? Any likely problems with this arrangment?
I believe this is generally not permitted. The reason being that you could buy a cheaper child J ticket and then swap an adult who bought a Yticket into that seat.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I believe this is generally not permitted. The reason being that you could buy a cheaper child J ticket and then swap an adult who bought a Yticket into that seat.
All adults here in this situation. Also note that the situation is not the same as that discussed in another thread ("Y > J etiquette",now locked), which involved a mid-way switch. I intend to do it right from the start, with the same person in the F cabin for the entire flight.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I'm wondering if its possible for me to give up my lounge access, and in my place, access for both my family members (including any prior arranged spa treatments)? This should not be unreasonable as normal access is F pax + 1 guest, with this being switched to 2 guest, with F pax not entering the lounge.
I doubt they would let you do this. However if you handover your BP to the other person and they pretend to be you, they won't even know. (I am not making a judgement on the ethics of doing this, just pointing out the possibility)

If its a single switch from the very start then this should be ok. Ask the FA's at the door when boarding.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:58 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
I have an award booking in F on QF9 from MEL sometime later this year, with 2 family members traveling in Y on the same flight.

Sounds like unless you switch boarding passes once you clear emmigration, none of the above is likely to happen... Especially the F lounge acccess.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by david870mdg
Sounds like unless you switch boarding passes once you clear emmigration, none of the above is likely to happen... Especially the F lounge acccess.
Switch the F boarding pass with the Y one before going into the F Lounge and you will be fine.
However the seat switch....at the gate they check passport photo against the BP name so you cannot switch.
I will not get into doing on board due to the previous thread and the comments on that.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Switch the F boarding pass with the Y one before going into the F Lounge and you will be fine.
However the seat switch....at the gate they check passport photo against the BP name so you cannot switch.
I will not get into doing on board due to the previous thread and the comments on that.
Yes, the previous discussion turned out to be very...robust.

Of course a much better way would be to cancel the hold on the award reservation (AA All Airline Award), hope it goes back in the inventory, and then rebook it. This his its risk of course. Anyone knows how quickly canceled award seats return to the inventory on QF?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Of course a much better way would be to cancel the hold on the award reservation (AA All Airline Award), hope it goes back in the inventory, and then rebook it. This his its risk of course. Anyone knows how quickly canceled award seats return to the inventory on QF?
Back to revenue is fast.
Back to award, there is no guarantee that QF would actually return an award seat back to the award fare bucket.
Can you do a name change on the ticket?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:34 am

Programs: QF P1, UA 1K, AA Plat, VA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
The comment was in relation to the Spa being open - having the lounges in question open is a given ...
Hi Serfty,

Sorry if I missed your post somewhere.....

I was trying to figure out when the MEL F lounge spa is open.

Is it right to assume it's open for a few hours in advance of QF93, then again a few hours before QF133, and then again a few hours before QF29?

Is it open ahead of QF25 as well (or is that too early?).....

Trying to decide whether to take QF11 or QF93 to LA..??

thanks
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:59 am

I gather from the AA boards that changing the name on an award reservation which is on hold is problematic for All Airline awards involving non-AA metal flights (like in this case, QF).
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I gather from the AA boards that changing the name on an award reservation which is on hold is problematic for All Airline awards involving non-AA metal flights (like in this case, QF).
It is problematic, having experienced this last year when AA managed to misspell my name. It involves AA contacting their partner airline to make the change.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by dfcatch

I was trying to figure out when the MEL F lounge spa is open. ...
The best way to find out is to call the lounge and ask.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...onal/global/en

(Ask to be put through to the First Class lounge)
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: QF P1, UA 1K, AA Plat, VA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
thanks Serfty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.