Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

First Class Lounge Sydney VS Melbourne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lounge Sydney VS Melbourne

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by thadocta
Actually, "Business" was correct - as a WP, you get tagged for the highest cabin on the flight you are on - since there is no F to AKL, then a "Business" tag reflects the highest cabin for your flight. ..
Methinks this has quietly changed:

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...atusPrivileges

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...ilegesPlatinum

Certainly consistant with "First class baggage tags on international flights" for WPs.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
Methinks this has quietly changed:
http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...atusPrivileges
http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...ilegesPlatinum

Certainly consistant with "First class baggage tags on international flights" for WPs.
Interesting that this is now explicitly clarified, whereas for Gold is still just says "Priority baggage" so you sometimes get orange and sometimes pink. Not that it really effects how bags comes out anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:00 am

Actually, "Business" was correct - as a WP, you get tagged for the highest cabin on the flight you are on - since there is no F to AKL, then a "Business" tag reflects the highest cabin for your flight.

Dave
I'm not so sure about that in practice - I flew from LHR to HKG on QF30 recently (no F) but I got F tags.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Interesting that this is now explicitly clarified, whereas for Gold is still just says "Priority baggage" so you sometimes get orange and sometimes pink. Not that it really effects how bags comes out anyway.
As a SG, you really should be getting J (pink) tags and QP should be getting the orange priority ones.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by davidjb
I'm not so sure about that in practice - I flew from LHR to HKG on QF30 recently (no F) but I got F tags.
They've changed the policy, just decided not to tell everyone (except by putting it on the website) - I still can't see the point in having F tags on a flight with no F cabin, all it does is tell the baggage handlers who the w@nk3rs are (and I mean that in the nicest possible way, it IS after all the 'W' part of WP! ).

Dave
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:14 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
They've changed the policy, just decided not to tell everyone (except by putting it on the website) - I still can't see the point in having F tags on a flight with no F cabin, all it does is tell the baggage handlers who the w@nk3rs are (and I mean that in the nicest possible way, it IS after all the 'W' part of WP! ).

Dave
From the WLG ground staff, F tags are placed in a special part of the 737 hold which are first off and generally taken separately to the terminal. In practice everytime I have the F tag the bags are first on the belt but not much time difference with the other J and priority bags.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
As a SG, you really should be getting J (pink) tags and QP should be getting the orange priority ones.
Should, yes, but I had an argument with a Check in agent the other month on a flight to PER.

me: "Oh I thought I got J tags on my luggage as gold?"
them: (very very tersely) 'No only Platinum get them you have only ever been entitled to Priority Orange tags'.

I was a little gobsmacked by his attitude, but thought nothing of it. On the flight back from PER I checked in with same luggage, and was tagged instantly with J tags. I commented that "oh the Check in agent in MEL said I was not entitled to J tags" to which she replied 'he was wrong. As a SG you are certainly entitled to them".

So either it has changed to be the new rules that serfty posted (and i've seen on the QF site before), or the check-in guy in MEL was wrong.

Another good example of QF consistency
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drewbles
Should, yes, but I had an argument with a Check in agent the other month on a flight to PER.

them: (very very tersely) 'No only Platinum get them you have only ever been entitled to Priority Orange tags'.

I was a little gobsmacked by his attitude, but thought nothing of it. On the flight back from PER I checked in with same luggage, and was tagged instantly with J tags. I commented that "oh the Check in agent in MEL said I was not entitled to J tags" to which she replied 'he was wrong. As a SG you are certainly entitled to them".

So either it has changed to be the new rules that serfty posted (and i've seen on the QF site before), or the check-in guy in MEL was wrong.

Let me clarify what I mean. I always thought SG's got pink for international services and orange for domestic. As we were largely discussing international hops, I was referring to these.

I do agree however that it is inconsistent.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Generally I'll always get pink for both dom and int out of all ports, except MEL dom where it is inconsistent. This includes domestic connecting to international, last month i got orange for MEL-SYD-SFO. And if you dare query why they gave you an orange tag, they do have a real attitude as drewbles noted above.

I honestly don't care about the tag, but the inconsistently and abrupt attitude make it hard to feel any QF love...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Domestically it is rarely an issue as I gennerally carry-on only. The last time I checked luggage domestically (Golf Clubs in Feb ), they were purple tagged.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 7, 2009 at 6:46 pm
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by drewbles

From PER, SYD & BNE, with 100% consistency my tag is pink. From ADL 100% of the time Orange. From MEL 20% at best I would get Pink. Standardisation of this I would find a little scary, as without doubt it would revert Orange (think the exclusion from the business lounges, which makes us scum gold have to dwell with the plebs....)
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Golden rule of luggage tagging = take what you get.

The moment you kick up a fuss about appropriate tagging they may put on what appears to you to be the correct tag, but really it has writing on it, only visible to check in agents and luggage handlers that says "deliver last". Invariably that happens when making a fuss out of it
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Golden rule of luggage tagging = take what you get.

The moment you kick up a fuss about appropriate tagging they may put on what appears to you to be the correct tag, but really it has writing on it, only visible to check in agents and luggage handlers that says "deliver last". Invariably that happens when making a fuss out of it
As opposed to the standard barcode which says 'deliver all as slowly as possible and have customers standing around at PER carousels for a good 25 minutes before starting and then having bags come out no sooner than 15 minutes after that with J and Priority tags coming out dead last'

Cynical? Me? never. Just real-world experience (and why I avoid checking any luggage on PER trips, despite the fact I usually go for a week or more)
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:10 pm

I've kind of given up on checked luggage and what colour the tag is - in my experience it doesn't matter what priority it is, you win some and you lose some.

I'll generally base my assumption of how long the bags will take by what airport I'm flying into, rather than the colour of the baggage tags.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I have posted many times that the tags are nought more than attractive coloured pieces of paper with which QF adorn your luggage - they mean nothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.