Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK - OSL-BKK RT - from 1490 EUR Business (J)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK - OSL-BKK RT - from 1490 EUR Business (J)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2023, 4:51 am

Oh man ... 'nuff said I guess ... As a matter of principle, I evade flying *A in general, and if I do it is either TK (which is where my limited experience comes from) or TP - but you definitely have seen a lot
Old Apr 28, 2023, 4:51 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
Hmm. Maybe TK doesn't like the forced long layovers? Try Expedia (use powertools and kayak).
the availability in J is just not existent on the origin-destination segments. searching multi-stop itineraries seem to work without checking married segments. That check seems to kick in in the final step when the price is validated.
I even checked with a friend who owns a travel agency (he knows all the tricks for frequent flyers) and he could not price the itinerary that i found with the multi-city search.
I guess expedia would not issue the ticket as well in the final payment step.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Apr 28, 2023 at 9:30 am
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
the availability in J is just not existent on the origin-destination segments. searching multi-stop itineraries seem to work without checking married segments. That check seems to kick in in the final step when the price is validated.
I even checked with a friend who owns a travel agency (he knows all the tricks for frequent flyers) and he could not price the itinerary that i found with the multi-city search. I wanted to book with him because he has access to corporate fares on TK that don't have change fees and cancellation fees or penalties - even for J.
I guess expedia would not issue the ticket as well in the final payment step.
Unfortunately I can't plan travel for myself currently, but as far as I understand the married segments problem could maybe be avoided by building in a (free) stopover of more than 24h (maybe someone can chime in here who knows how married segments work specifically). I'll look into Expedia later for a few sample itineraries to see if it progresses to payment.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:20 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Unfortunately I can't plan travel for myself currently, but as far as I understand the married segments problem could maybe be avoided by building in a (free) stopover of more than 24h (maybe someone can chime in here who knows how married segments work specifically). I'll look into Expedia later for a few sample itineraries to see if it progresses to payment.
okay - stopover > 24h seems to do the trick
NightlinerVIE likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:35 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
okay - stopover > 24h seems to do the trick
Thats what I thought. <24h married segments mean that if TK doesnt want to sell a J tariff it wont (for obvious reasons); beyond 24h married segments wont work anyway.
In some instances, those married segments even work in your favour, specifically when upgrading from Y - since it dont matter for UG purposes if, say, you upgrade SEA-IST or SEA-IST-OSL as long it is one segment. However it is tough to find UG availability (same infamous J bucket), so on more than one occasion, I ended up in Y on purpose. Isnt too bad on TK though to be honest.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
just picked a one way in Y to Singapore for 288 euros next week. Hoping some upgrade options open up last minute haha.
Still infuriating how the make E+ pay for the legroom seats
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by mfgr
just picked a one way in Y to Singapore for 288 euros next week. Hoping some upgrade options open up last minute haha.
Still infuriating how the make E+ pay for the legroom seats
Often you'll find J availability 1 day prior departure. Last time I could even do it on the app with miles....good luck
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Often you'll find J availability 1 day prior departure. Last time I could even do it on the app with miles....good luck
ah thanks for the heads up!
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Thanks OP. Just booked for post Christmas travel. Using multi city booking and >24hr stopovers worked exactly as described and easily bookable direct from the TK website
Old Apr 29, 2023, 1:39 pm

cmdsea, just for my guidance, can you please provide the details of your itinerary (i.e. on which day which flight do you take)? Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
... beyond 24h married segments wont work anyway.
For TK it seems to be the case at least this is how it works in practice. Generally married is not limited to 24 hrs connections, QF for example required some segmentsvoa DXB to be married up to within 72 hrs.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
For TK it seems to be the case at least this is how it works in practice. Generally married is not limited to 24 hrs connections, QF for example required some segmentsvoa DXB to be married up to within 72 hrs.
Figured something like this - in TKs case, as most (if not all) fares usually allow stopovers in IST, i guess this is a technicality which is sorta-kinda "unavoidable"
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:44 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
cmdsea, just for my guidance, can you please provide the details of your itinerary (i.e. on which day which flight do you take)? Thanks a lot in advance.
you have mail
MichaelA380 likes this.

Last edited by cmdsea; Apr 29, 2023 at 10:44 pm Reason: forgot to quote
Old May 2, 2023, 7:49 am

Tried to book one way which isn't a bad price. However can only be booked using Multi-City search. Anybody knows if EU261 will be honored booking this way? Connection time in IST is just a little over 2 hours and looking at arrival times of the first flight is pretty bad.
Old May 2, 2023, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by 77Wer
Tried to book one way which isn't a bad price. However can only be booked using Multi-City search. Anybody knows if EU261 will be honored booking this way? Connection time in IST is just a little over 2 hours and looking at arrival times of the first flight is pretty bad.
If they sell you a ticket EU-Asia and you don't make the connection due reasons the carrier could influence: yes. Although I am sure it takes a long breath to actually get compensation in case that happens. The other way round it doesn't apply, as TK is not an EU carrier.
77Wer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.