Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK - OSL-BKK RT - from 1490 EUR Business (J)

TK - OSL-BKK RT - from 1490 EUR Business (J)

Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
Use a multi city search with 4 segments, can get it to price on TK and Expedia definitely.
Got it, thanks!
NightlinerVIE likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Use a multi city search with 4 segments, can get it to price on TK and Expedia definitely.
now that's pretty crazy. thanks for the info.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:25 am

Unfortunately I still cannot replicate that ... I tried a 4-segment search on TK website on the same dates when ITA Matrix tells me the fare is available (which is almost every day until the end of the schedule), however TK prises it approximately 750€ higher ... any ideas?
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The OSL - IST leg is on an A321, and the IST - BKK leg is on an A330 with 2-2-2 config in J.

Would rather pay a bit extra and go with QR.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:05 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Wow, thanks!!!
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:08 am

You can switch the last segment to a different European destination, if you don't want to return to OSL. It added an extra 150 EUR in the examples I looked at.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
The OSL - IST leg is on an A321, and the IST - BKK leg is on an A330 with 2-2-2 config in J.

Would rather pay a bit extra and go with QR.
was thinking this exact thing myself - or the much quoted LX fare for the same price from ARN.

TK J is very average, poor hard product and very average F&B as well imo
tr3k likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:16 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
This is a duplicate of this fare previously discussed:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...d-1-700-j.html
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Unfortunately I still cannot replicate that ... I tried a 4-segment search on TK website on the same dates when ITA Matrix tells me the fare is available (which is almost every day until the end of the schedule), however TK prises it approximately 750€ higher ... any ideas?
I remember (maybe someone can chime in) that sometimes there is "phantom availability" specifically with TK. Did you try putting it in Kayak for instance (most convenient with ITA powertools) and then pricing it via an OTA?
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:23 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
This is a duplicate of this fare previously discussed:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...d-1-700-j.html
My forum search was too brief i guess...apologies! Mods: same here - please merge if needed.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Stumbled across another nice-ish one on TK, OSL to BKK (from 1490 EUR), SIN (from 1604 EUR), HKG (from 1729 EUR), all return.
Prices on TK and various OTAs.
Fare basis is JN2BX, no min stay.

BKK: Availability is excellent, May through EOS.

SIN: Availability scattered, better from Oct thru EOS.

HKG: Availability excellent, May through EOS.
Nice one
No problem with it being a duplicate as is available at a better price. Thanks for banging it up 👍
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
while I can get the cheap price on multi-city search on the TK website - the moment I click "proceed" after the successful flight search I get a message "sorry, that price is no longer available" - i have tried multiple dates and combinations, I am not successful booking the fare with that trick
Old Apr 28, 2023, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
while I can get the cheap price on multi-city search on the TK website - the moment I click "proceed" after the successful flight search I get a message "sorry, that price is no longer available" - i have tried multiple dates and combinations, I am not successful booking the fare with that trick
Hmm. Maybe TK doesn't like the forced long layovers? Try Expedia (use powertools and kayak).
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:08 am

I would not recommend using OTA for such a booking (at least personally I would not, rather completely forego booking at this price level). In case something happens - and with TK it definitely will, as they are famous for their haphazard scheduling - you will have to deal with the OTA's crappy customer service (or rather the lack of such).
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
I would not recommend using OTA for such a booking (at least personally I would not, rather completely forego booking at this price level). In case something happens - and with TK it definitely will, as they are famous for their haphazard scheduling - you will have to deal with the OTA's crappy customer service (or rather the lack of such).
As a data point - I have booked most of my travel on TK on OTA (as usually TK site wouldn't want to price the exact flights I wanted, specifically due to long layovers and such). Since it's usually on return fares and one ticket, I have not had any issues when some rescheduling happened; and honestly, I would rather deal with Expedia or Priceline customer service than with TKs helpline. In fact, most "close calls" I had when dealing with issues was when I tried to get TKs phone agents to do something. I vividly remember trying to upgrade a segment with miles, took 5 hours and two failed attempts on the phone, including "miles have been deducted" + "oh no computer error upgrade hasn't been processed, we can try again but miles will have to be recredited first. Please use the feedback form to get that done then call again thanks"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.