Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Still available on Expedia from the east coast.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
FYI -

The one-way fares are also substantially discounted.

We found the one-way fare (RAK-NYC) last week for $1256. We're doing a transatlantic cruise from Miami to Gran Canaria then taking a short non-stop flight to Marrakesh for 4 days add-on. Imagine how delighted we were to find Biz class on AF (I'm Delta Diamond) for $1256 one-way!!
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Probably more to see in RAK. I've only visited RAK, but I booked to CMN. I'm not too impressed with what CMN has to offer, but like I said, I will likely fly to another African city or just hop over to Gran Canaria. I'm also on the same return as you, if you decide to book that.
Marrakech a much better city than Casablanca. Casablanca is past its primoe.

We just scored 2 tix out of Charlotte for $1213 each!!
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:51 am

I just did the same (CLT-CMN for $1213 each)! The 2nd best alert i've ever gotten on Flyertalk!

First was the mistake fare on Air New Zealand for ORD-AKL for $1767 R/T. About 4 or 5 years ago i think.
java1 and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:56 am

Probably more to see in RAK. I've only visited RAK, but I booked to CMN. I'm not too impressed with what CMN has to offer, but like I said, I will likely fly to another African city or just hop over to Gran Canaria. I'm also on the same return as you, if you decide to book that.

Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant

Luckily they are only a short train ride apart.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:51 pm

I couldn't get RAK, but I just booked Miami -CDG-CMN R/T for the end of Sept for $1199. Thanks, OP.

I know I'll have to clear security, but am I correct in thinking that I will Not have to clear passport control in CDG in either direction?

Has anyone experienced the Sahara Desert in late September?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by mimiray
I couldn't get RAK, but I just booked Miami -CDG-CMN R/T for the end of Sept for $1199. Thanks, OP.

I know I'll have to clear security, but am I correct in thinking that I will Not have to clear passport control in CDG in either direction?

Correct. Transferring from non-Schengen to non-Schengen doesn't require immigrations and customs checks.
mimiray likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Booked 4 passengers Delta (AF) #099 MIA-CMN in April 2023 for 1200.00 RT pp. Had to play with the dates to get all four on same flights. Thanks OP!! We are planning to hop over to Lisbon from there.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
I've watched this sub-forum for years and have never been able to take advantage of one of these...thanks for posting!

I booked a multi-city for my wife and myself in October for $1700/ea through Air France as I needed to take advantage of their extened booking window compared to Delta. I also paid a premium based on hitting my desired arrival/departure dates for a previously-planned vacation but still an awesome deal. If I could have flexed a day on each end it would have been $350/ticket cheaper. JFK-CDG-RAK // CMN-CDG-DFW
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: BA
We booked MIA-RAK for September 5th-13th. What are you dates?

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
I just did the same (CLT-CMN for $1213 each)! The 2nd best alert i've ever gotten on Flyertalk!

First was the mistake fare on Air New Zealand for ORD-AKL for $1767 R/T. About 4 or 5 years ago i think.
I think the best I've found was $2400 JFK-BCN La Premiere in 2016 if memory serves. Next best was our honey moon companion fare in LX First LHR-HKG in 2018 for ~$5400. Hate that the bloggers hijack this and don't attribute, esp TPG who I can't even read anymore.

Originally Posted by mimiray

My buddy says it is still pretty hot being North Africa, but mild nights where you can light a fire and not be disgustingly hot. Mosquitos are also an issues so I've been told.
mimiray and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Charter DM and still DM/2.5MM, AMEX Plat, DLAMEX Plat,
is this deal dead? tried phx, mia clt dft with numerous dates through sept? any one see any openings?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by earlek
is this deal dead? tried phx, mia clt dft with numerous dates through sept? any one see any openings?
I can still see several dates available on google.com/flights out of DFW, MIA, PHL ....
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by earlek
Works here still and looks to ticket on AF metal via DL website. Also seeing the scattered availability below. Appears as though flying into RAK is gone, but CMN is still widely available. Also remember there is a 7 day minimum stay and some inbound/outbound flight restrictions per the fare rules on EF.

dcjono likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM and still DM/2.5MM, AMEX Plat, DLAMEX Plat,
thanks - but none of them are sub 1500 RT they are all OW pricing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.