Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Still available on Expedia.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I think I kinda found it again using ITA Matrix and then priceline, but it has me on MIA to CDG with ST, then CDG to CMN with OW and about $200 more than when I looked at MIA-LHR-CDG-CMN with Virgin and AF.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA
Still available to CMN (Casablanca) as of 5:45PM EST. Short layover on the way out. Longer on the way home. But all AF metal. I have a MIA to RAK on hold. What's the better city? Really want to pull the trigger, just curious what we would do in Marrakech/Casablanca/Tangier for a week....with two kids. Suggestions? For this price it's almost worth seeing where we could get in Africa from Morocco.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25
Still available to CMN (Casablanca) as of 5:45PM EST. Short layover on the way out. Longer on the way home. But all AF metal. I have a MIA to RAK on hold. What's the better city? Really want to pull the trigger, just curious what we would do in Marrakech/Casablanca/Tangier for a week....with two kids. Suggestions? For this price it's almost worth seeing where we could get in Africa from Morocco.
Probably more to see in RAK. I've only visited RAK, but I booked to CMN. I'm not too impressed with what CMN has to offer, but like I said, I will likely fly to another African city or just hop over to Gran Canaria. I'm also on the same return as you, if you decide to book that.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:21 am

Just booked for Spring Break. Great deal. I've been wanting to get to Morocco with the kids. There is a story about family travel to Morocco in last month's T+L (or maybe CN Traveler, gotta dig it back out). Cheers!
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
The times doen't work for me, but anyhow, you can find an itinerary you like on the old ITA Matrix using a search including "DL DL AF" outbound and "AF DL DL" inbound. Comes up about $1095 PHL- Casablanca, and the price goes down a little around $1065 when you use the Powertools to go to Delta.com; this approach still keeps the AF coding on the flights for the Morocco segments, I think the AF flights from Paris to Morocco are about 1200 miles each way, which should increase MQDs a bit if you're in the chase for high status next year.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I couldn't find anything OTAs with AF marketed, ended up booking DL marketed/AF operated so leaving some MQDs and RDMs on the table, but for ~$1,200 across the pond, not a bad deal in today's high priced travel environment!
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:48 pm

CMN is quite boring other than the impressive Mosque by the sea, RAK is very vibrant culturally, also this deal is available to RBA which I found to be very interesting with a few things to see. So depend on if you have 2 or 7 days, I say maybe do RBA for shorter trips, RAK for longer trips. Also can do open jaw CMN in RBA out, for example, two are connected with hourly high speed rail.
I have RBA and CMN on my channel linked in signature thanks to the AA F fare, but I have also visited RAK and can highly recommend it for culture buffs. More time can be spent in the Atlas mountains.
dcjono likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by beyounged
CMN is quite boring other than the impressive Mosque by the sea, RAK is very vibrant culturally, also this deal is available to RBA which I found to be very interesting with a few things to see. So depend on if you have 2 or 7 days, I say maybe do RBA for shorter trips, RAK for longer trips. Also can do open jaw CMN in RBA out, for example, two are connected with hourly high speed rail.
I have RBA and CMN on my channel linked in signature thanks to the AA F fare, but I have also visited RAK and can highly recommend it for culture buffs. More time can be spent in the Atlas mountains.
Thank you for the info and the OP of this thread. I booked PHL-CMN for $1059/person. It is just a great deal. I do not care of MQM and MQD stuff because I am a UA guy with lifetime 1K status. If one is interested in this deal, delta website is the place to book it. There are many dates with this price (PHL) or higher (CLT, ~$1200).
Happy hunting!
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So AF Marketed Gone?

Sounds like the deal still exists Delta marketed but no one is finding it AF marketed? (With my schedule a 7-10 day trip just isn’t worth taking if it’s going to get me the same MQDs as a domestic trip…especially when I need 20k MQDs next year.)
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by lawyer75
Sounds like the deal still exists Delta marketed but no one is finding it AF marketed? (With my schedule a 7-10 day trip just isn’t worth taking if it’s going to get me the same MQDs as a domestic trip…especially when I need 20k MQDs next year.)
The AF/KL fares are still active, but Z inventory is zeroed out at the moment on pretty much every flight, whether naturally or intentionally. So it's possible they could reopen the inventory buckets, but who knows.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA
Wife and I pulled the trigger for two tickets via AF for MIA to RAK for approx. $2400.00 for our anniversary in September '23. Booked 1C/1J as we aren't "that couple" who have to sit together. Being over 6'5'' tall, the bulkhead appears to have significantly more room in the footwell (those of you who are tall and/or w/ big feet understand my first world problem) but it is close to the galley. Never a problem in La Premiere (or on most J flights) but wondering if anyone has any reference points. I think we will stay in RAK the majority of the time at Amanjena, but Oberoi, Royal Mansour, Mandarin Oriental and La Mamouina all look good, but the vibe of Amanjena seems to intrigue Mrs. Malibu. Anyone have any reference points as to hotel choice? May day trip to CMN or TNG, just depends on how we feel. Thank you OP for finding this. Have been looking for something new since pre-covid and this really fit the bill.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Very excited to have been able to take advantage of this last week for Phl-dtw-cdg-Rak and return for $1028. 20k Amex offer just deposited too.
A quick public service announcement for the Delta folks who booked an AF ticket looking to earn Skymiles: DO NOT open up this ticket to select a seat or check in on the AF website if you’re logged in and have a Flying Blue account. There’s an IT issue, discussed elsewhere on FT, that automatically connects your Flying Blue number to the flight and no matter what you do, the Flying Blue number sticks and the flights credit to AF. I learned this the hard way over the summer when I used the AF app to check in. Despite calling to put my skymiles number back on AND double checking at the ticket counter AND my skymiles number appearing on the boarding pass, it still credited to Flying Blue (that’s the IT issue part). Was a massive headache to fix after the flights. So for this one I purchased the ticket and selected seats without logging in and am
skipping the AF app completely when time to travel.
18sas and mediator like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:20 pm

Was able to price out SFO/SJC - CMN/RAK for $1400 on DL, but couldn't get it to checkout and then it repriced to $2500-4000. Ugh.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by olouie
Was able to price out SFO/SJC - CMN/RAK for $1400 on DL, but couldn't get it to checkout and then it repriced to $2500-4000. Ugh.
As soon as I hit the return flight, the price jumped to >$3000 from $1059. The deal is probably gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.