Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz

Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by earlek
thanks - but none of them are sub 1500 RT they are all OW pricing
I just now found one via the google price chart out of CLT for $1216 round trip that's bookable on DL's website.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM and still DM/2.5MM, AMEX Plat, DLAMEX Plat,
going through google --- worked great and booked delta using their link
interesting if i tried identical itin on either delta or af --- double the price -- yikes

Last edited by earlek; Nov 10, 2022 at 4:24 pm
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by earlek
thanks - but none of them are sub 1500 RT they are all OW pricing
That price is for two tickets, not one.
jfkeze likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Just stumbled upon this thread yesterday. Wish I saw it earlier as I was hoping to escape the cold weather in January and finally check out Marrakech. Oh well, I'm booked multi-city DFW-CMN-PHL for 111k Amex points - 35% rebate. Amazing deal, thanks OP & everyone for the tips!
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1k
Booked PHL<->Casablanca in January for $1072 round trip. Great fare !
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
AF/DL will make some good money from some of these getting rebooked or cancelled.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nk15
AF/DL will make some good money from some of these getting rebooked or cancelled.

what do you mean?
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by rkaradi
what do you mean?
Ticket changes probably will reprice at $3k+, and cancellations you forfeit the whole fare.
rkaradi likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:34 pm

Ticket changes probably will reprice at $3k+, and cancellations you forfeit the whole fare.
Probably still not a horrible deal if you have to rebook. I would gladly pay another $2K-$3K if i had to rebook say directly into CDG or somewhere in Italy (where some of the more recent AF sales have been). TBC, not hoping for that, just saying that $1200 return in J is an amazing fare across the pond.
nk15 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 9:25 pm

How so? I've cancelled and changed a couple of times without higher repricing or forfeiture on fares booked on Delta.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
Booked PHL<->Casablanca in January for $1072 round trip. Great fare !
Arrrggg. Delta cancelled my booking and it seems to be gone now for January. I had a super weird booking experience. Online errored out so I went through a chat agent. It took forever but eventually the payment went through. The agent mentioned something about "latency in the system". The next morning, the booking was in MyTrips and looked fine. I was able to select seats. I checked today again and it was gone. Apparently Delta had put in on hold and than cancelled it. No idea why.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:49 pm

On the subject of ticket changes - I booked one of these itineraries on AF (057 ticket) from the USA to RAK. I was curious what would happen if I wanted to switch from RAK to somewhere in Europe - my expectation was the amount paid for the RAK ticket would be applied towards the current price of a ticket to whatever European city I selected (minus any applicable change fee). Much to my surprise, the AF site would only let me re-ticket to other destinations within Morocco. I checked the fair rules closely before purchasing, and I didn't see anything in the text that would have committed this ticket to be used only between the USA and Morocco. Did I miss something, or is this a web site glitch? Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
Arrrggg. Delta cancelled my booking and it seems to be gone now for January. I had a super weird booking experience. Online errored out so I went through a chat agent. It took forever but eventually the payment went through. The agent mentioned something about "latency in the system". The next morning, the booking was in MyTrips and looked fine. I was able to select seats. I checked today again and it was gone. Apparently Delta had put in on hold and than cancelled it. No idea why.
I'm still seeing it in Jan PHL-CMN for example Jan 18 - Jan 25
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:52 am

Quick note to folks using the "time to think" option. If you use PayPal for payment (I do because my bank is funny, I hate credit cards and we had trouble ticketing AF in the past) they may cancel your flights. Long story (sort of) short, I put the flights on hold for 72 hours, with the hold period ending on Nov. 7th at 11:52PM local (RAK) time. I completed the booking on Nov. 6th well in advance of the cutoff, picked our seats and even chose meals. Money clears my acct the very same day. Wife and I are excited, booking hotels (think we are finally going with Amanjena instead of Royal Mansour, the stairs seem problematic). Nov. 8th my Air France app has a notification: FLIGHTS CANCELLED. Call up AF, after sitting on hold for about an hour, the agent comes back and says that we did not book within the 72 hour hold period. I explain this is untrue, that the funds have been debited and that I picked my seats, chose my wife's vegetarian meal, received a confirmation # etc. After a bunch of back and forth, he re-issued the tickets and said that the problem was PayPal doesn't post on their side immediately so they thought I hadn't booked in time and wanted to re-price. Now I don't think this is intentional, but if I had given up, refused to sit on hold and not put my law degree to good use, they wouldn't have budged. Hope this helps someone.
dcjono and boggs like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:42 am

Looks like it's dead, at least out of MIA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.