FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF: New York - RAK $2040 rt biz
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:01 pm
PookieMalibu25

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Probably more to see in RAK. I've only visited RAK, but I booked to CMN. I'm not too impressed with what CMN has to offer, but like I said, I will likely fly to another African city or just hop over to Gran Canaria. I'm also on the same return as you, if you decide to book that.
We booked MIA-RAK for September 5th-13th. What are you dates?

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
I just did the same (CLT-CMN for $1213 each)! The 2nd best alert i've ever gotten on Flyertalk!

First was the mistake fare on Air New Zealand for ORD-AKL for $1767 R/T. About 4 or 5 years ago i think.
I think the best I've found was $2400 JFK-BCN La Premiere in 2016 if memory serves. Next best was our honey moon companion fare in LX First LHR-HKG in 2018 for ~$5400. Hate that the bloggers hijack this and don't attribute, esp TPG who I can't even read anymore.

Originally Posted by mimiray
I couldn't get RAK, but I just booked Miami -CDG-CMN R/T for the end of Sept for $1199. Thanks, OP.

I know I'll have to clear security, but am I correct in thinking that I will Not have to clear passport control in CDG in either direction?

Has anyone experienced the Sahara Desert in late September?
My buddy says it is still pretty hot being North Africa, but mild nights where you can light a fire and not be disgustingly hot. Mosquitos are also an issues so I've been told.