Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2023, 7:06 am

Hi does anyone have the full fare rules for zncia ?

I took the first leg of this trip and looking to change sq286 to sq282 on same date 12 Nov, or sq282 on 12 Oct.

Booked via Amex travel (used points, and they gave me 79% of points back- mistake in my favor!!) But they are having issues repricing since first leg taken.

I see seats in U and Z still free on sq282 12 Nov, and would like to see fill fare rules..thanks
Mxp-fra-clt - flown 5 MarchClt-lax (AA)-akl(NZ) 26 OctAkl-sin (SQ) SQ 286 12 NovSin-zur-mxp 15 nov
Old Apr 19, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by bdsklar
Hi does anyone have the full fare rules for zncia ?

I took the first leg of this trip and looking to change sq286 to sq282 on same date 12 Nov, or sq282 on 12 Oct.

Booked via Amex travel (used points, and they gave me 79% of points back- mistake in my favor!!) But they are having issues repricing since first leg taken.

I see seats in U and Z still free on sq282 12 Nov, and would like to see fill fare rules..thanks
Mxp-fra-clt - flown 5 MarchClt-lax (AA)-akl(NZ) 26 OctAkl-sin (SQ) SQ 286 12 NovSin-zur-mxp 15 nov
What ticket stock? I looked on Expert Flyer for AA, BA, LH, LX and it gives me no results.Also what is date of purchase?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 1:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by pdxtotpe
Huge shoutout to nufnuf77 for helping me get this fared booked. Highly recommend his skill and ability to find diamonds in the rough!
Oh thank you - my pleasure to help - and may i add what a great FIRST post on flyertalk
notsosmart, xexs, OzUK and 1 others like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
I'm trying to find availability for a 3-4 week trip to UK-AKL in Jan 2024 but despite finding availability in P on UA I can't get this to price at anything like the kinds of fares that are being quoted here. I can see the P fare availability on united.com and on EF. Any hints? I'm not wed to UA of course!

Also, what the cancellation conditions on this fare? Ideally I'd like to use built up FF miles but nothing availability at the moment -- I guess there won't be anything available until closer to the time?

PS of course I realise that I'd save tax if I didn't start in the UK, but weather in January is variable and safer to start in the UK than risk canelled positioning flights.
Old May 8, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I'm trying to find availability for a 3-4 week trip to UK-AKL in Jan 2024 but despite finding availability in P on UA I can't get this to price at anything like the kinds of fares that are being quoted here. I can see the P fare availability on united.com and on EF. Any hints? I'm not wed to UA of course!

Also, what the cancellation conditions on this fare? Ideally I'd like to use built up FF miles but nothing availability at the moment -- I guess there won't be anything available until closer to the time?

PS of course I realise that I'd save tax if I didn't start in the UK, but weather in January is variable and safer to start in the UK than risk canelled positioning flights.
Assume you read it starts from MXP. Just using Matrix I see 3130 Euros on the first try- Jan 23-Feb 20.
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/itine...o0ZDFCMDAyIn19

Came up with ZNCIA on outbound and PNCIA on return.You can use EF to get rules. If you want to have stops then you have to play around a bit on use EF to see dates the seats are available and build it. Or you can send a detailed message to one of the two TA's mentioned in this thread.

If you want a UK origin- then your post should be moved.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:18 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by zebranz
Assume you read it starts from MXP. Just using Matrix I see 3130 Euros on the first try- Jan 23-Feb 20.
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/itine...o0ZDFCMDAyIn19

Came up with ZNCIA on outbound and PNCIA on return.You can use EF to get rules. If you want to have stops then you have to play around a bit on use EF to see dates the seats are available and build it. Or you can send a detailed message to one of the two TA's mentioned in this thread.

If you want a UK origin- then your post should be moved.
thanks for your reply. Yes I had read that, but I was sure I'd seen it being available ex-UK as well, but searching the thread again I can't find that so I was mistake -- apologies. (I do note the thread is actually labelled "CDG... ;-), but CDG doesn't have the cheaper flights that MXP can have, at least next January, though BRU does have a few options in the early £3xxx.
Old May 9, 2023, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I do note the thread is actually labelled "CDG... ;-), but CDG doesn't have the cheaper flights that MXP can have, at least next January, though BRU does have a few options in the early £3xxx.
Note also that this thread was started over a year ago, and, moreover, discusses not just one fare, but a series of related fares. Many of those mentioned in the earlier posts have been pulled, and the present set of fares, to my knowledge, date back to October, so I wouldn’t look at posts older than that. More recent data suggests that FCO and MXP are the best starting points for this.
Old May 20, 2023, 7:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
This fare is a gift that keeps on giving. I am personally travelling on this next month, using just LX/SQ/QF First. but this one below gives me joy when a customer managed to max out and create a lovely RTW in first class for under 5000gbp. Hard to beat value on that!

Example First class itinerary with bunch of stopovers
Fliar, jbalmuth, lamphs and 8 others like this.
Old May 22, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: 1K Premier, DL Diamond, MVP Gold 100K Alaska
I wanted to share my experienced booking this fare for the 5th time a couple of weeks ago. My goals were, I need it to go to Australia and on the return have a layover of a few months in the US and then return to Europe.
I used Google Flights to look for my flights, I noticed there are many options for this fare via Italy. I had noticed , like a month or two ago, there were a lot of options via Air Canada I didn't see many of those options. I tried to book using ITA Matrix and then use book with ITA Matrix website with no luck the 2 agencies suggested couldn't make the booking. I tried booking with one of the agencies recommended by Google flight and the booking was made but it didn't work, a few hours later the travel agency canceled it. I called Lufthansa and it was useful by the fact that the agent told me that some of the legs that I was seeing on Google flights were not available but he was not able to make the booking on the phone as the price didn't match Google flights price. I realized there are no flights to Australia (at least for the dates I wanted) so I had to book just to New Zealand. With that new information from the agent I changed slightly the routing and I was able to book Italy, Vienna, Canada, Chicago, Auckland, New York and Italy all that for 3,200 Euros... The way I finally booked was. Google flights suggested eDreams to make the booking. I know is not the most popular site but it did the job. I checked with all the airlines involved after booking and I am in the front the whole way.
Old May 24, 2023, 9:06 am

Question from a newbie - if one reserves this trip via OTA or with help of nufnuf77, how does handling of changes in the literary (caused by airlines) look like? As painful as usually with OTA (so either pay extra, limited options, or both), or is it more civilized and can be done directly via airline?
Old May 24, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by abelincolnFlyertalk
Question from a newbie - if one reserves this trip via OTA or with help of nufnuf77, how does handling of changes in the literary (caused by airlines) look like? As painful as usually with OTA (so either pay extra, limited options, or both), or is it more civilized and can be done directly via airline?
You would do it via the TA that booked you, and believe me; there is no comparison in customer service. I pity the person above you that gave 3200 euros to eDreams; I really hope they don’t have a schedule change or cancellation because that's when the fun begins.
Old May 24, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: LH SEN
I would place rebooking with the airline as a bit of a lottery that could be almost as bad as a rogue OTA.

If you want civilised, go with a TA
Deckter likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: BA GfL
Another praise for nufnuf77 who did the impossible after I wasted two days trying to book an ex-MXP *A RTW by myself.
Old May 24, 2023, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
I pity the person above you that gave 3200 euros to eDreams; I really hope they don’t have a schedule change or cancellation because that's when the fun begins.
Yes, I would not want to deal with eDreams in the event of a schedule change, which is almost certainly going to happen if you book far ahead enough. I booked directly with LX in February for travel in September, and I have already had two involuntary changes to my itinerary, although both have been handled smoothly enough, so, so far so good.
Old May 24, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: airponts
I find that booking directly with United is the best option. Easy changes. They often have the fare available at weekends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.