Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I'm booked in two weeks. I'll make this decision closer to the departure date. A lot can change in two weeks.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Was due to transit through CMB but for work. Just been told to cancel and rebook different routing.

Shame as UL is a great airline and Sri Lanka a beautiful country with such kind people. Terrorism is truly abhorrent.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:56 pm

Just been through Colombo

I’m in Abu Dhabi having just arrived in on the Sri Lankan flight from CGK via Colombo. Having gone out on the Tuesday night flight.

Transiting seemed fine. Felt no less safe than any other airport.

Just met with another Tier Point runner in the lounge in Abu Dhabi who did the flight out with me on a Tuesday and is now doing the second run back to Jakarta.

It’s a case of each to their own - especially given the FCO advice. Would suggest that if you can’t get a full refund though you might still consider it.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 GOLD, AS MVP GOLD, O6 DIAMOND
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Has anyone tried the b2b at AUH yet?

M
I am having my 3rd trip now.

I did B2B turn last night in AUH. 1 hour transit is very enough.
Mostly ppl book this fare in UL.com. If you pay with 3D verified credit card online. You wont have credit card checked all the way.

So just checkin on UL PC or desktop site in advance. Mobile might NOT work. you can print your BP after transit security at transit counter. AUH is not busy in Terminal 1 @ UL arrival time and beside they have business fast track for transit pax.

CMB-AUH-CMB is same cabin crew.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by lxpatrick
I am having my 3rd trip now.

I did B2B turn last night in AUH. 1 hour transit is very enough.
Mostly ppl book this fare in UL.com. If you pay with 3D verified credit card online. You wont have credit card checked all the way.

So just checkin on UL PC or desktop site in advance. Mobile might NOT work. you can print your BP after transit security at transit counter. AUH is not busy in Terminal 1 @ UL arrival time and beside they have business fast track for transit pax.

CMB-AUH-CMB is same cabin crew.
Thanks for letting me know!

I think the issue with 3D, is that most of us book with Amex (at least those in the UK) - and they don't offer 3D verified; hence the need to find an office etc

M
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
We are in transit at CMB right now.

Echoing the posts above, the army is visible but not intrusive - pax not ending their journey in AUH got extra questions at the gate but we were waved through (?). Feels completely normal so far...
our_kid, Telecasterman and Lefly like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
We are in transit at CMB right now.
pax not ending their journey in AUH got extra questions at the gate but we were waved through (?). ...
That was always usual.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Does anyone know if UL (at CGK) can interlines luggage between separate OW tickets, like UL to BA?
Old May 1, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Lefly
Does anyone know if UL (at CGK) can interlines luggage between separate OW tickets, like UL to BA?
From memory, I believe they do (someone asked either in this thread, or off-line about this).

M
Lefly likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Lefly
Back in March, I did it starting from CGK to RUH via CMB and connecting to BA flight from RUH to LHR with two separate tickets and it was OK.
msm2000uk and Lefly like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks like the fare jumped another 10% or so to £660+.

Just when I was going to suggest that we all boycott it for awhile and see if the fare drops again.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Looks like the fare jumped another 10% or so to £660+.

Just when I was going to suggest that we all boycott it for awhile and see if the fare drops again.
I've just paid £618, but it was £560 the other day.

The positive news for some though, is that the A330-200 is scheduled for certain flights AUH-CMB-AUH.

I'll be doing a b2b at AUH, so that'll be entertaining!

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; May 3, 2019 at 11:25 am
Old May 6, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
The currently filed fare is indeed approx £660 (AED 3155), but with the ongoing 10% off promotion for 14-day advance bookings, it can be had for £618 (AED 2975) on the Sri Lankan website.
craigthemif likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
November prices show lowest r/t AED 3165.

One step at a time...
Old May 9, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by onobond
November prices show lowest r/t AED 3165.

One step at a time...
Have you checked Sri Lankan’s website? I see tons of availability for AUH-CGK r/t in November for AED 2975.

Sample dates Nov 14 - Nov 20, or Nov 17 - 19 if you just want the minimum overnight stay.

Last edited by flyingnomad; May 9, 2019 at 7:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.