Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by Sifu
I’ve also had the dreaded email from UL about a cancellation on the 16th CMB-CGK and currently dealing with it through AUH Reservations.

Tried to attempt a cheeky reroute AUH-CMB-KTM-KUL-CGK but was advised it was a no go so I’ve accepted AUH-CMB-KUL-CGK. I was offered AUH-DOH-CGK as well but didn’t opt for the latter.

Another grovelling email to BA for ORC. Fingers crossed.
Are you able to ask for ORCs before travel? I thought they could only be requested afterwards.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
Are you able to ask for ORCs before travel? I thought they could only be requested afterwards.
Definitely after travel. I’m just putting it in my list of things to do.

It’s all going wrong for me as it looks like the 17th Nov CGK-CMB is also cancelled so that’s another potential 60TP down the drain.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Or go from Oslo on QR in biz for around £1300 and more tier points
After all, this is supposed to be a tp run thread
And here's me thinking it is a cheap tier points thread!
On which point I see AF is offering LHR-AUH in cattle for £407 return with decent departure times both ends allied to relatively short connection times at CDG.
IAN-UK and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
And here's me thinking it is a cheap tier points thread!
On which point I see AF is offering LHR-AUH in cattle for £407 return with decent departure times both ends allied to relatively short connection times at CDG.

The cheap versions involve Wizz from some European airports. But then you've got yourself to those new starting points .....
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:47 pm

All good. I should have been clearer.

It looks like my second run on the 17th has now had the same cancellation. So off to ring UL again to see if I end up on AUH-CMB-KUL-CGK again. *sigh*
Hmm. This might end in tears.

I have spoken to UL and they tell me I was moved from the 17th (CMB-CGK) to the 18th as the 17th was cancelled. But then the UL364 on the18th was cancelled so they have reinstated the flight on the 17th and I am back on my original flight. So far so good.

I then asked the agent about my return flight on the 18th, CGK-CMB. As in, you are telling me the incoming flight has been cancelled, so how will I catch CGK-CMB back on the 18th?

She reassured me that that flight is operating! I have my doubts and will be monitoring closely. *sigh*
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD

I have spoken to UL and they tell me I was moved from the 17th (CMB-CGK) to the 18th as the 17th was cancelled. But then the UL364 on the18th was cancelled so they have reinstated the flight on the 17th and I am back on my original flight. So far so good.

I then asked the agent about my return flight on the 18th, CGK-CMB. As in, you are telling me the incoming flight has been cancelled, so how will I catch CGK-CMB back on the 18th?

She reassured me that that flight is operating! I have my doubts and will be monitoring closely. *sigh*
I’m booked on AUH-CMB on the 18th then CMB-CGK on the 19th.

EF shows UL364 running on the 17th and 18th you should be okay.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Silver
does anybody know whether there will be a sale again in the future? I realised only one sale this year during the birthday...
Old Nov 12, 2023, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Silver

hopefully the flight is running...
can you give an update about the lounge situation in the new terminal please?
Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by TobiD87
hopefully the flight is running...
can you give an update about the lounge situation in the new terminal please?
It is still showing as happening on the UL website MMB.

I am transitting the old T1 today at AUH so hopefully there is still a lounge operating! I think my next transit should be in the new terminal TA so it will be an interesting comparison.
flashware likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is still showing as happening on the UL website MMB.

I am transitting the old T1 today at AUH so hopefully there is still a lounge operating! I think my next transit should be in the new terminal TA so it will be an interesting comparison.
UL is in the third phase for transition to the new terminal, which appears to mean it should start operating from from there tomorrow. Etihad's move was phase 2, and I'd imagine there was a strong focus on getting its lounges up and running from day one: UL and other operators don't have quite the same clout, but let's see.

The new terminal was well behind schedule, by something over six years, so some delays in getting it fully functioning for all the carriers from the old terminals might not be unexpected.....
Old Nov 13, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TobiD87
does anybody know whether there will be a sale again in the future? I realised only one sale this year during the birthday...
ULs finances are reportedly in a fairly dire state again, with the Sri Lankan government inviting offers of interest for the airline.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...er-2023-10-31/

I doubt there would be much strategic thinking to rebuild brand or tourism capacity at the moment, so it depends if there is a need to bank some immediate cash with a promotion against the prospect of servicing those discounted seats in a few months at minimum profit or a loss.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
UL is in the third phase for transition to the new terminal, which appears to mean it should start operating from from there tomorrow. Etihad's move was phase 2, and I'd imagine there was a strong focus on getting its lounges up and running from day one: UL and other operators don't have quite the same clout, but let's see.

The new terminal was well behind schedule, by something over six years, so some delays in getting it fully functioning for all the carriers from the old terminals might not be unexpected.....
I am in the Al Dhabi lounge in the old terminal 1. Nothing has changed since my last visit BC. I even think the menu has stayed the same. Note that the lounge visit is limited to 3 hours. So I am here as deigned by my J seat. In three hours I will go and 'enter' again courtesy of my PP card. (6 hour transit).

OT: I was chatting to the woman at the transfer desk and apparently EY have yet to move. By tomorrow night everyone will be at the new Terminal A.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Update: My CGK-CMB portion of the inbound, on Nov 30, was cancelled, I was offered to go the day before, with CMB-AUH following the same day, and 27 hours to kill in AUH due to the early arrival. I saw the chance of overnigthing in CMB on the UL dime, and I sent a mail to Central Reservations @KUL, asking for a change only of the cancelled flight to a day early departure, but leave the last segment as is. A very persistant male rep tried to convince me that it was "against the law" to make transfer more than 24 hours, in this case even a couple of hours more.

The HUACA rule applies not just för phone contact, so I mailed AUH reservations. A very polite female rep took care of the issue, and after two mails each, the hotel in CMB was reserved, and for me just to request at the transfer desk when arriving in CMB.

So, no loss of TPs, but gaining a mini-vacation in CMB

Hoping all other cancellation issues turns out good , for those of you affected ! 🌞🌞🌞
JessicaTam and Sifu like this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold

After seeing this, I quickly got in contact with AUH Reservations with my return leg UL365 on the 17th (CGK-CMB) which was initially showing as cancelled but they have also confirmed has been reinstated. I will wave to you from CGK as you get off the plane as well then

No emails for my second AUH-CGK run and no changes on the UL website the week after so this is looking good to go.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, duplicate. I'm pants at doing this on my phone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.