Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I thought we were talking business-class fares ?

There's no high-density layout in business class. The 77P(suites) and 77I(conventional) both provide 42 seats in the same cabin. I'm a fan of the much more roomy conventional seating.
I was referring to this one, 24 in business and 388 in economy:
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qa...7-300ER_V2.php

Maybe it's not on CGK anymore, but I seem to recall seeing it last year, or maybe that's just MNL? I'm actually scheduled on it next August to MNL but chances of me keeping that flight are slim. There is one QSuite flight 4 days a week but it arrives in MNL first thing in the morning which isn't ideal. Hopefully the flight arriving in the afternoon is upgraded by then, I actually really like the QSuite unlike some others in this thread but would be happy as well with the A359 reverse herringbone. Just seat wise I'd prefer EY's own metal to any of the 2-2-2 QR planes. I don't know what seat is used on that wet leased A330 someone linked, some seem to be quite decent but some seem to be very old angle flat. Their newer version is better than the UL A320 seat without a doubt.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by surryson
EY CGK-AUH direct, you say.

Erm not on a leased aircraft from Wamos, thanks
Yes, that was what they Sri Lankan offered, but I said to them, I would only take it, if they could guarantee I'd get the ORC of 280 points, if not I'd take the Sri Lankan connection the day after. I'm guessing booking me in the day after was cheaper as that's what they did. Fingers crossed, won't change again.
SPN Lifer and surryson like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:07 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Do these fares allow long stop overs in Columbo?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by PxC
Do these fares allow long stop overs in Columbo?
They allow stopovers, but not at these fares: you pay around $300 extra for that privilege
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
UL364 CMB-CGK on 14/11 has been cancelled. I have managed to get onto UL CMB-KUL MH KUL-CGK

I wasn't offered anything with EY or QR. At least if no ORCs I have only dropped 60TPs.
dvs7310, flashware and Sifu like this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by JessicaTam
UL364 CMB-CGK on 14/11 has been cancelled. I have managed to get onto UL CMB-KUL MH KUL-CGK

I wasn't offered anything with EY or QR. At least if no ORCs I have only dropped 60TPs.
Enjoy the bonus satay!
JimmyTheJock likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Gazzerg
Yes, that was what they Sri Lankan offered, but I said to them, I would only take it, if they could guarantee I'd get the ORC of 280 points, if not I'd take the Sri Lankan connection the day after. I'm guessing booking me in the day after was cheaper as that's what they did. Fingers crossed, won't change again.
for future reference , UL cant guarantee this as its a matter for the FF programme you credit to. If you get re-routed on the day at the airport youre likely to be able to claim ORC.
MaxFlyer and Gazzerg like this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 1:53 pm

OK so my 3 return flights AUH-CGK is begining to turn into a bit of a nightmare. On all 3 of the returns there has been at least one cancellation. The first flight I accepted the reschedule and had an extra day in Jakarta. Same on the second, although I arrived at ABu Dhabi airport this evening to find that the incoming flight from CMB is late so they have had to put me on an Etihad flight to Jakarta (Wamos ). As this change was only notified at check in at the terminal, will I be able to claim the ORC via BA? (I believe this is IRROPS and therefore it should?).

Anyway to cap it off, the third flight which was next week, also had a cancellation and am unable to work with the reschedule, so trying to cancel, but SriLankan are making it mighty difficult
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: QF WP
Im booked for the return leg LHR-CMB-CGK tomorrow
Have been checking loadings and I seem to be the only one booked in J, with the seat map wide open in Y also (well actually almost entirely blocked in both cabins). That said its still showing J4 Y4 on EF

i have a funny feeling the route may not be long for this world
Old Oct 28, 2023, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
for future reference , UL cant guarantee this as its a matter for the FF programme you credit to. If you get re-routed on the day at the airport youre likely to be able to claim ORC.
Well as per my other post I did get rerouted on the day (second trip), so will attempt to claim the ORC for that one. If they'd told me in advance, I'd have asked to be rerouted to Jakarta on Qatar, then I'd only be out 100 points, but at least I'd get to try the Q-Suites
Old Oct 29, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gazzerg
Well as per my other post I did get rerouted on the day (second trip), so will attempt to claim the ORC for that one. If they'd told me in advance, I'd have asked to be rerouted to Jakarta on Qatar, then I'd only be out 100 points, but at least I'd get to try the Q-Suites
Actually depends on the QR flight. They have 3 per day, and the ones that land at the most desirable times in CGK don't usually have Q Suites. The A359 seems to have them a few times per month from what I found on FlightAware. And the 77W that arrives in the morning generally has the 2-2-2 config. Only the late night arrival is scheduled with QSuites currently.
Gazzerg likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by nancypants
Im booked for the return leg LHR-CMB-CGK tomorrow
i have a funny feeling the route may not be long for this world
Flew UL CMB - CGK in March 2017 though I think the frequency has been increased (nominally at least) since then

I keep hoping with the A321LRs that UL will fly CMB - PER a couple of times a week

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:51 am

For those based in the UK looking to do this 'run' British Airways are launching daily flights to Abu Dhabi from next year.
Available to book from today, the route will begin operating on 20 April 2024.
Aircraft will be a 787-9 (4-class as it used to be before it was cancelled).
Return fares start at 449 in World Traveller (economy) and 1,999 in Club World (business class), if you book before 12 November 2023.
Reward Seats from 100 + 50,000 Avios.
It's a 10:25pm departure from LHR arriving into AUH at 8:30am (9:30am in winter)
Return departs AUH at 10:10am (11:10am in winter) and gets back to LHR at 3:20pm.
Time changes are due to the BST/GMT shift.
ENTP likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Or go from Oslo on QR in biz for around 1300 and more tier points
After all, this is supposed to be a tp run thread
JessicaTam and imkevinmc like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Add in the cost of the positioning flight to Oslo, for the price of LHR-OSL then OSL-DOH-AUH, I think it'd be cheaper per TP to book LHR-AUH in economy then do another AUH-CMB-CGK turn...
JimmyTheJock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.