Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Anyone tried through check in into QR from CGK. Planning to do this with luggage with through check in to MXP.

CGK-CMB PNR A UL
CMB-AUH PNR A UL (1 hour 30 mins gap)
AUH-DOH PNR B QR
DOH-MXP PNR C QR

I have a 830am next day departure on EY at the moment for AUH-DOH, now that the Premier Inn is miles away from the Terminal A I am thinking to shift the overnight to DOH instead on the late night flight.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Emailed the GGL Team regarding ORC for cancelled/re-routed UL Flights. Very prompt response with correct avios and tier points credited within 5 days.

Initial apologies in advance was also sent as they were not optimistic about UL accepting the original routing but this turned out to not be an issue.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:56 am

Finished a 1 night TP run from AUH to CGK. CMB to CGK was cancelled so rebooked via QR which was certainly far superior to UL. Al Safwa lounge in Doha is definitely an added benefit. Way back was an old 321 with recliners, same aircraft on both legs.

Regarding avios and tier points, Sri Lankan flights all credited after 4 days, and weirdly only DOH to CGK got credited, no credit for AUH to DOH... Looks like I now have to do an original routing credit and also explain that the Abu Dhabi to Doha didn't credit..

Does anybody know how easy it is to get Original routing credit? Unfortunately don't have the privilege of speaking to GGL :LL
Gazzerg likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Has anyone managed a b2b in the new terminal yet?
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Looks like Visa free travel is coming for some visitors to ID next year

https://loyaltylobby.com/2023/12/13/...om-early-2024/
SirToby and Sifu like this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:34 am

Interesting article. England included, so Welsh, Scottish and Irish UK passport holders will still need a visa?
plunet likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by imkevinmc
Interesting article. England included, so Welsh, Scottish and Irish UK passport holders will still need a visa?
Good luck sorting that out lol
headingwest likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by imkevinmc
Poor Scots NI and Welsh being left out!
The lucky English 😁

In fairness it's a GB and NI passport so they can't really differentiate between us.
​​​​​​
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Ul auh/cgk orc

Originally Posted by Ollie Hong
Finished a 1 night TP run from AUH to CGK. CMB to CGK was cancelled so rebooked via QR which was certainly far superior to UL. Al Safwa lounge in Doha is definitely an added benefit. Way back was an old 321 with recliners, same aircraft on both legs.

Regarding avios and tier points, Sri Lankan flights all credited after 4 days, and weirdly only DOH to CGK got credited, no credit for AUH to DOH... Looks like I now have to do an original routing credit and also explain that the Abu Dhabi to Doha didn't credit..

Does anybody know how easy it is to get Original routing credit? Unfortunately don't have the privilege of speaking to GGL :LL
I just did an ORC for being flown direct to CgK from AUH on an Etihad flight, called up the gold line, got asked to fill in a form, submitted it and that was that (had to attach proof of original purchase showing classes booked). Took a few weeks, but came through last week.

Last edited by Gazzerg; Dec 14, 2023 at 12:09 pm Reason: Better title
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:40 am

Anyone have data point the staff at CGK will be able to check baggage onto QR booking to DOH on a diff PNR?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Anyone have data point the staff at CGK will be able to check baggage onto QR booking to DOH on a diff PNR?
Old data point as it was pre covid but CGK staff offered to check my bag through to LHR when BA flew from AUH-LHR on the basis that it was all under Oneworld. I tried to get them to check my bag through to DOH in November but they were a bit more reluctant as my connecting flight was with Etihad. I had four hours in AUH anyway so I rechecked the bags in myself when I got to AUH.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Sifu
Old data point as it was pre covid but CGK staff offered to check my bag through to LHR when BA flew from AUH-LHR on the basis that it was all under Oneworld. I tried to get them to check my bag through to DOH in November but they were a bit more reluctant as my connecting flight was with Etihad. I had four hours in AUH anyway so I rechecked the bags in myself when I got to AUH.
thanks . Im hoping for a through check in to QR with a 1H30M transit time in between.

i think Im being too overly optimistic
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
My CMB-CGK has been cancelled on the 30th- I will already be in CMB after spending a few days with friends, do you think UL will rebook me CMB-DOH-CGK? Also is [email protected] the best way to contact UL? Cheers
Old Dec 20, 2023, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by ceej123
My CMB-CGK has been cancelled on the 30th- I will already be in CMB after spending a few days with friends, do you think UL will rebook me CMB-DOH-CGK? Also is [email protected] the best way to contact UL? Cheers
[email protected] is the best email... worth a try to email them. They will probs suggest CMB KUL CGK but worth a try!
ceej123 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Ollie Hong
[email protected] is the best email... worth a try to email them. They will probs suggest CMB KUL CGK but worth a try!
Quick update, CMB-DOH-CGK booked without any issues. Thanks again for the auh email!
gogooo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.