Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
any feed back on AMD-SIN flight ? its supposed to arrive at 7 am in SIN and I am trying to book a 10 AM flight out of SIN , will 2.5-3 hours be enough? Is this flight usually on time?
Checked the on time performance for the last three months, latest arrival time was 07:30 am Singapore time. Impressive performance overall, you should be safe. Without any guarantee of course ;-)

Last edited by Inzaghi22; Oct 1, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Finally booked my AMD-EWR-AMD flights using cleartrip.com. With discount, net price was 158,059 IDR = US$2160.

FYI, ITA was not showing any availability for the dates I needed, but cleartrip said there was 1 seat left. So don't rely just on ITA!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by Inzaghi22
Checked the on time performance for the last three months, latest arrival time was 07:30 am Singapore time. Impressive performance overall, you should be safe. Without any guarantee of course ;-)
Thank you.
@Barkinpark - No its different airlines thats why I am concerned
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:44 pm

For those who booked this fare, Please keep in mind that 10-19 October are the dates for a major festival in AMD. Expect chaotic traffic. Of course, if you are just connecting directly then it won't be an issue. But if you are staying overnight or for a couple of days, I would add a little buffer time for travel to the airport. If you have a night or two in AMD, this festival is definitely worth experiencing. It's called 'Navratri'. Look it up.

For those connecting domestically from BOM,DEL, etc will arrive at Terminal 1. The SQ flight departs from Terminal 2. There is an underground walkway connecting the two terminals. Once you exit Terminal 1, the entry to the walkway will be immediately visible. Its brightly lit and well marked in English. Barely 100 feet from the exit. Show your SQ ticket and passport to the security guard ( An image of the ticket on your phone will work just fine, no matter what anyone else tells you) and he will allow you into the terminal connector. The walk is about half a mile or so. Once you exit on the Terminal 2 side, the departures entrance is right across the road.

Do keep in mind that if you are arriving into AMD flying Air India, you will be in Terminal 2 itself, so no need to change terminals. All AI flights into AMD, whether domestic or international arrive and depart from Terminal 2.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Originally Posted by Neil Shah
For those who booked this fare, Please keep in mind that 10-19 October are the dates for a major festival in AMD. Expect chaotic traffic. Of course, if you are just connecting directly then it won't be an issue. But if you are staying overnight or for a couple of days, I would add a little buffer time for travel to the airport. If you have a night or two in AMD, this festival is definitely worth experiencing. It's called 'Navratri'. Look it up.

For those connecting domestically from BOM,DEL, etc will arrive at Terminal 1. The SQ flight departs from Terminal 2. There is an underground walkway connecting the two terminals. Once you exit Terminal 1, the entry to the walkway will be immediately visible. Its brightly lit and well marked in English. Barely 100 feet from the exit. Show your SQ ticket and passport to the security guard ( An image of the ticket on your phone will work just fine, no matter what anyone else tells you) and he will allow you into the terminal connector. The walk is about half a mile or so. Once you exit on the Terminal 2 side, the departures entrance is right across the road.

Do keep in mind that if you are arriving into AMD flying Air India, you will be in Terminal 2 itself, so no need to change terminals. All AI flights into AMD, whether domestic or international arrive and depart from Terminal 2.
Thanks for the info :-) Do you have any advise of what to do in AMD for just a few hours? If everything is on time, I'll be in AMD at 03:15 p.m., leaving with SQ at 11:05 p.m. Is it a good idea to get a taxi and drive somewhere for sightseeing or whatever?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Neil Shah

This is really helpful information. Had been meaning to look it up. ^

A, perhaps, rather silly question-- are flights originating in AMD non-alcoholic? A colleague flew AI DEL-JFK, and was told that they were not serving adult beverages because the flight originated in AMD. They also used this excuse to justify the no option but vegetarian meals, but that could just be Air India.

Last edited by knit-in; Oct 3, 2018 at 7:06 am
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Inzaghi22
Thanks for the info :-) Do you have any advise of what to do in AMD for just a few hours? If everything is on time, I'll be in AMD at 03:15 p.m., leaving with SQ at 11:05 p.m. Is it a good idea to get a taxi and drive somewhere for sightseeing or whatever?
I'm not exactly certain if I will be arriving a day earlier or only a few hours, but if I have time in Ahmedabad, and since I am interested in modern architecture, I plan to visit Le Corbusier's buildings, as well as Lou Kahn's IIM.

Time permitting, I'd also like to visit Gandhi's ashram at Sabarmati.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Anyone finding any flights in second half of October/first half of November with a 3-7 day stay in EWR?

Also - is there any working wifi on board the EWR Flight + cost/performance?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:52 am

Booked week ago
AMD-SIN-EWR and return ZRH-SIN-AMD for $1984
FRA was similar price
travel dates 27th Nov departure from AMD, and 29th from SIN
anyone doing those dates, let me know
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Mehul Shah
Booked week ago
AMD-SIN-EWR and return ZRH-SIN-AMD for $1984
FRA was similar price
travel dates 27th Nov departure from AMD, and 29th from SIN
anyone doing those dates, let me know
Thanks for posting. Is this an open jaw in one itinerary?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thanks for posting. Is this an open jaw in one itinerary?
Yes, it is one itinerary with open jaw returning from ZRH
my return dates in May 2019
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:40 am

Has anyone succeeded in getting an open jaw going to New York on the outbound but returning from West coast (SFO or LAX) on the inbound?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
I'm not exactly certain if I will be arriving a day earlier or only a few hours, but if I have time in Ahmedabad, and since I am interested in modern architecture, I plan to visit Le Corbusier's buildings, as well as Lou Kahn's IIM.

Time permitting, I'd also like to visit Gandhi's ashram at Sabarmati.
I've been to Gandhi Ashram when I was having a one-day layover before flying to SIN. It's a interesting place and worth visiting, and it isn't too far from the airport.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Booked for February

AMD-EWR-SIN
LAX-SIN-BOM (the flight which stops in Tokyo for a couple of hours).

$2495 - it helps that the Indian Rupee is in such bad shape at the moment (saved me almost $200 from the time I first saw this deal here).

For those who've done the LAX-NRT-SIN flight
a) How long do you really get on the ground (typically) before boarding the plane again? Time to grab a snack maybe?
b) I'm assuming that you only have to do transit security - no other procedures?

Ro
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by usr22
I've been to Gandhi Ashram when I was having a one-day layover before flying to SIN. It's a interesting place and worth visiting, and it isn't too far from the airport.
I shall plan on going there then. Thanks for the recommendation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.