Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Sorry one last question- my other half is slightly anxious about travelling through Algiers even if only for a connection- is there any need for caution particularly if we ended up with an overnight stay at airport hotel to ensure connections?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
I made a reservation on this fare for travel in January 2019. My suggestion is that you check out the start of this thread, familiarize yourself with ITA Matrix, and make a printout on paper or electronically, for the flights you want. Either call IB to finalize, or as I did, email the itinerary to the TA of your choice. There will be the fare code and all necessary information in the document, including the correct price. I agree with with @stephem about his judgment above.

The information on a 'short' connection in ALG, i.e. arriving from LGW, departing to MAD, is ambiguous. I hesitated to do this in a country I never visited, and where you normally are required to have a visa, so am positioning either to Paris or BCN arriving ALG with some earlier flight to be on the safe side. Yet safer is of course to arrive the day before, but then needing a visa.

Airport or city hotel - reports say safe, so you probably don't need to worry
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Thank you, I will do as suggested. I was uncomfratble with a short connection from LGW so will either position from BCN and arrive early morning or arrive day before
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Has anyone successfully done either online check in to have boarding passes ready for ALG-BCN-JFK routing? Also has anyone been successful in doing a same plane turn if you already have an ALG visa? Curious if I can do the MAD-ALG-MAD turnaround on IB/YW or BCN-ALG-BCN on IB/VY as I finish one ALG ticket and start the next?

I wasn't able to check in online and print boarding passes for ALG originating ticket but it also might have had to do with the fact I got SSSS on my boarding pass as well when I ultimately checked in with the agent.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Although I didn't do it, same plane is possible bc the customs official will go to counter and get an employee. They will walk you back up.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by RChavez
Has anyone successfully done either online check in to have boarding passes ready for ALG-BCN-JFK routing? Also has anyone been successful in doing a same plane turn if you already have an ALG visa? Curious if I can do the MAD-ALG-MAD turnaround on IB/YW or BCN-ALG-BCN on IB/VY as I finish one ALG ticket and start the next?

I wasn't able to check in online and print boarding passes for ALG originating ticket but it also might have had to do with the fact I got SSSS on my boarding pass as well when I ultimately checked in with the agent.
I tried every which but couldn't get them to print them in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has this fare been pulled today? Playing with dates for another ticket in March/April 2019, worked fine last night, minor adjustment this morning OK. Trying for final adjustment of two flights now returns prices short of $3.5K until end of March, from April 1 nada
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by onobond
Has this fare been pulled today? Playing with dates for another ticket in March/April 2019, worked fine last night, minor adjustment this morning OK. Trying for final adjustment of two flights now returns prices short of $3.5K until end of March, from April 1 nada
no, it is still in the GDS
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has this fare been pulled today?
Nope.

Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   INNN3C         I‡R   917.00     ----      -/‡  3/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-ALG TO-NYC    CXR-IB    TVL-30JUL18  RULE-M602 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-INNN3C            SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
DZD   107600  7123  E02JUN17 D-INFINITY   FC-INNN3C  FN-     
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 01JUN17/1018  EXPIRES INFINITY
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem

no, it is still in the GDS
Originally Posted by Calchas

Nope.
Thanks to both of you for re-assuring me. Might just have been ITA playing some trick here. Strange thing, using the same search set-up, ITA returned no IB fares (!), only AA, and prices $5483 , and all the way to April, after which "No flights were found"

Later yesterday back to state of normality, but for the weather.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can use f IB.ALG+NYC.INNN3C in the advanced box to restrict to this fare.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
I made a reservation on this fare for travel in January 2019. My suggestion is that you check out the start of this thread, familiarize yourself with ITA Matrix, and make a printout on paper or electronically, for the flights you want. Either call IB to finalize, or as I did, email the itinerary to the TA of your choice. There will be the fare code and all necessary information in the document, including the correct price. I agree with with @stephem about his judgment above.

The information on a 'short' connection in ALG, i.e. arriving from LGW, departing to MAD, is ambiguous. I hesitated to do this in a country I never visited, and where you normally are required to have a visa, so am positioning either to Paris or BCN arriving ALG with some earlier flight to be on the safe side. Yet safer is of course to arrive the day before, but then needing a visa.

Airport or city hotel - reports say safe, so you probably don't need to worry
It is certainly the case that UK passport holders need to be in possession of a Transit Visa or (Single/Multiple) Entry Visa to pass through ALG. Cost from £80, a visit to Acton and they keep your passport for 10 days. The visa sticky is very pretty though

Before you make firm plans, you may like to read my experience of arriving into ALG and my experience of departing from ALG
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: AA, BA, SN, KL, IHG, HH, BW, CC
Deal is still available one some dates...
I just booked this from another departure city with a return to ALG via LHR. The slightly higher price makes up for the repositioning flight I would have needed to depart from ALG.
Now my question is this: I am a European citizen (needing a visa for ALG). Will I still need that visa when getting off in LHR with no intention at all to fly to ALG? The return leg from the USA (2 flights) are with BA, with a long (23h) layover so I have a good reason to check my bags to LHR and not to ALG.
At what point do they check the visa? Does anyone know? Will BA already check it in the USA and possibly deny me boarding to LHR?
It's not that I cannot get a visa, but maybe all the trouble isn't necessary if I don't actually go there.
Also, if I book another separate one way with BA from LHR (before the ALG flight), will they notice?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
My experience was that the Algerian visa was checked at every point in my journey, as follows:

SFO-JFK AA check-in desk, cursory glance
JFK-LHR BA CCR, forensic examination
LGW-ALG Didn't happen as I only had a single entry granted and had already used that up ...

So, be prepared for some uncomfortable conversations if you don't have the visa you need for your final destination
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: AA, BA, SN, KL, IHG, HH, BW, CC
Thanks...I guess your advice would be to get a visa anyway?
And what if I tell them "my travel plans changed" and I show them another ticket from LHR? They'll adjust the fare right then and there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.