FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini Trip Report - ALG to SFO via LON & JFK :)
Old May 16, 2018, 7:00 am
OverTheHorizon

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
I got up very very early and made my way back to El Prat for the 06:00 VY service to ALG. All ran smoothly and by 07:00 local we were pulling up at the gate at the old ALG terminal. There was still a lot of groundworks going on around the new terminal building - I reckon they are weeks if not months away from opening it.

Airbridge off the plane and into the terminal building. Now, a poster somewhere in this forum seemed to suggest it might be possible to do a "self-transfer" at ALG (i.e. similar to AMS). Not a chance ! We were herded straight into an Arrivals channel and to the passport desks. There is a short form to fill in, a quick look at the passport & visa, an entry stamp and you're through to landside. Whole thing took no more than 10 minutes - my best arrival into an Arab country ever - but the subsequent departure from ALG is a lengthy and painful affair (of which more below) so there's no way you would ever want to attempt a B2B here

Last edited by OverTheHorizon; May 27, 2018 at 3:56 pm