Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by stephem
Can someone help me read the booking class table for this fare? Specifically, I am finding it is really hard to find I bucket space on dates I want between MAD-LON and LON-MAD. This is what EF shows. Does this (red highlighting) mean I can actually book into J space for the LON-MAD or MAD-LON segments? Or for MAD-LON, which I care less about, is it only J for flights 7000-7999?

011 ALGNYC 17MAY18 IB USD 943.00 INNN3C STAY-03/12MBK-I
FARE CLS EXPLANATION BOOK CODES
-------- ---------------------- ----------
INNN3C BUSINESS EXCURSION FARES I
INNN3C FOR ROUND TRIP FARES

BOOKING CODE EXCEPTIONS
VIA IB J PERMITTED I- FARES FROM LON-MAD
VIA IB I PERMITTED I- FARES FROM LON-MAD
VIA IB J PERMITTED I- FARES FROM MAD-LON FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB I PERMITTED I- FARES FROM MAD-LON FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES TRN SERVICE
VIA IB D REQUIRED I- FARES TRN SERVICE
VIA IB Y/J REQUIRED BUS SERVICE
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES BETWEEN MAD-LON
VIA IB J REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS BETWEEN MAD-LON
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS BETWEEN SPAIN-GERMANY FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN GERMANY FLTS 7000-7999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE I- FARES WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 5000-5999
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 5000-5999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN OFFERED I- FARES WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 8000-8999
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 2 FLTS 8000-8999
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN OFFERED I- FARES WITHIN AREA 1
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 1
VIA IB I REQUIRED WHEN OFFERED I- FARES WITHIN AREA 2
VIA IB Y REQUIRED ALL BUSINESS WITHIN AREA 2

What routing you trying to book and on what dates?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Can someone help me read the booking class table for this fare? Specifically, I am finding it is really hard to find I bucket space on dates I want between MAD-LON and LON-MAD. This is what EF shows. Does this (red highlighting) mean I can actually book into J space for the LON-MAD or MAD-LON segments? Or for MAD-LON, which I care less about, is it only J for flights 7000-7999?
Either I or J is allowed for MAD-LON. On LON-MAD, you must select I if available; if not you can use J.

Slightly different rules each direction, but it allows booking J even if I is available on MAD-LON.

ITA Matrix is pricing it correctly.

Your TA should select all legs in J and then have the GDS do a price search and rebook in lower buckets. In Sabre it would be a command like WPNCB. If that doesn't work they can lower the individual segments to I and price to the specific fare INNN3C.
stephem and Calchas like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K
has anyone who has booked this IB-coded BA-operated itinerary been able to credit to AS without any issues?

i'm asking for a friend...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Thanks Skunker, that seems to have done the trick, being able to book J opened up a huge number of options between London and MAD that were forclosed around Christmas time where I class was zero’d out.
Calchas likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
has anyone who has booked this IB-coded BA-operated itinerary been able to credit to AS without any issues?

i'm asking for a friend...
Not possible. Officially it must me marketed and ticketed by BA to be eligible as per T&C. Unofficially, AA-coded BA-operated or BA-coded AA operated will be accepted for manual credit as BA & AA are both AS partners. IB is not an AS partner so it is not possible to credit to AS. Also, keep in mind that most AA operated domestic flights are no longer eligible to credit to AS.

James

BA Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–05312200–22398000–80200539–14992250–22898200– 82992030–20452540–27998450–84972061–20692900–29992 150–21696200–6449
To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (BA) must precede the flight number (for example, BA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

Mileage earned is based on a percentage of actual flight miles flown, with 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Not possible. Officially it must me marketed and ticketed by BA to be eligible as per T&C. Unofficially, AA-coded BA-operated or BA-coded AA operated will be accepted for manual credit as BA & AA are both AS partners. IB is not an AS partner so it is not possible to credit to AS. Also, keep in mind that most AA operated domestic flights are no longer eligible to credit to AS.

James

BA Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by British Airways.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–05312200–22398000–80200539–14992250–22898200– 82992030–20452540–27998450–84972061–20692900–29992 150–21696200–6449
To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (BA) must precede the flight number (for example, BA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

Mileage earned is based on a percentage of actual flight miles flown, with 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.
thanks james. However, AS has been known to credit miles based on operating carrier rather than codeshare. It's not official, it's a YMMV situation. So i was just curious if anyone who has participated in this fare had any data points. My coworker late last year flew to LHR on an IB codeshare BA operated flight. He added his AS # to the reservation on BA.com and was credited the correct amount of miles a week or two later. No manual credit was necessary, which surprised me. Manual request is usually required for code shares.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
thanks james. However, AS has been known to credit miles based on operating carrier rather than codeshare. It's not official, it's a YMMV situation. So i was just curious if anyone who has participated in this fare had any data points. My coworker late last year flew to LHR on an IB codeshare BA operated flight. He added his AS # to the reservation on BA.com and was credited the correct amount of miles a week or two later. No manual credit was necessary, which surprised me. Manual request is usually required for code shares.
Interesting your co-worker got credit on his IB codeshare. I think it was more on an error on BAs side. If it is marketed by IB you wouldn't be able to add an AS FF# on IBs site. He probably shouldn't have be able to do it on BAs site either. BAs system maybe doesn't prevent adding AS FF# to the IB codeshare when it should and automatically credited to MP. We will keep that quiet. 😉 If he had submitted the IB codeshare to AS for manual credit I am pretty sure it would declined making reference to the T&Cs. Recently, a pax got EQM on AS for travel on a BA award ticket. He did advise AS who indicated it was an error on BAs part. I prefer to know with certainty that my reservation is going to credit to AS.

James
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:11 am

Crud, looking at Algeria visa for US citizen and it (1) requires sending to NY consulate and 8 day turn around (2) starts 60 day clock on validity upon issue (3) no multi entry visa required and (4) $160 per visa.

Am I reading things right? Having to re apply for a second visa to go back on last segment of ticket really sucks. So basically this adds $320 and tons of hassle to this ticket. Seemed like a good deal until I looked into that part!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Crud, looking at Algeria visa for US citizen and it (1) requires sending to NY consulate and 8 day turn around (2) starts 60 day clock on validity upon issue (3) no multi entry visa required and (4) $160 per visa.

Am I reading things right? Having to re apply for a second visa to go back on last segment of ticket really sucks. So basically this adds $320 and tons of hassle to this ticket. Seemed like a good deal until I looked into that part!
I believe most people booking these are, like myself, planning on flying into ALG from another country. Information from other members in the thread suggests that you can transit ALG without actually needing a visa.

I believe many are also planning on dropping the last MAD-ALG segment altogether.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I believe most people booking these are, like myself, planning on flying into ALG from another country. Information from other members in the thread suggests that you can transit ALG without actually needing a visa.

I believe many are also planning on dropping the last MAD-ALG segment altogether.
Yes, but the airlines could deny boarding if they feel you should have a visa.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ

I might do that myself, but not with a 5, 7 and 9 year old in tow ;-) Plus we really wanted to see the country. Bummer they dont have a multiple entry visa option, I'd use this fare over and over. Adding $320 per ticket for visas makes this less of a great value.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Paper BPs only from ALG as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure it would even be possible to do a self-managed airside gate-to-gate transfer, and I would certainly not want to find myself talking to anyone in uniform there without the proper paperwork

The Tourist visa process in London (for UK passport holders) seems fairly straightforward, if rather document-heavy...

You fill in the online form and print it out, then roll up at the Consulate in North Acton on a morning Tue-Fri and hand it in, along with:
  • your passport
  • 2 copies of your passport pages (all of them !)
  • an accommodation booking confirmation
  • a letter confirming your employment status, your authorised dates of absence and your date of return to work
  • £85 in cash
Wait up to 15 days, then go back and collect the passport with the appropriate stickers and stamps

I did this a few weeks ago and the guy behind the counter was exceptionally helpful, pointing out that visa clock starts from date of issue, so you need to be careful that the one you ask for won't expire before the date of your return flight !

Now really looking forward to spending a couple of days in Constantine at the end of next month before starting my ALG-LHR-JFK-SFO odyssey
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Fitch
Paper BPs only from ALG as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure it would even be possible to do a self-managed airside gate-to-gate transfer, and I would certainly not want to find myself talking to anyone in uniform there without the proper paperwork

The Tourist visa process in London (for UK passport holders) seems fairly straightforward, if rather document-heavy...

You fill in the online form and print it out, then roll up at the Consulate in North Acton on a morning Tue-Fri and hand it in, along with:
  • your passport
  • 2 copies of your passport pages (all of them !)
  • an accommodation booking confirmation
  • a letter confirming your employment status, your authorised dates of absence and your date of return to work
  • £85 in cash
Wait up to 15 days, then go back and collect the passport with the appropriate stickers and stamps

I did this a few weeks ago and the guy behind the counter was exceptionally helpful, pointing out that visa clock starts from date of issue, so you need to be careful that the one you ask for won't expire before the date of your return flight !

Now really looking forward to spending a couple of days in Constantine at the end of next month before starting my ALG-LHR-JFK-SFO odyssey
I wonder if it would be possible to check in from another Airport, If its booked on Iberia and all on IB Codes and I am getting there from Iberia in Madrid to start the trip I wonder if they will issue the Boarding Passes there? I have had BA do something similar through T5 before but hell of a risk without knowing in advance, The Visa hassle would kill it for me too unfortunately
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can someone help me read the booking class table for this fare?
Read from the top, stop when you get to a rule that applies. If it says "PERMITTED", you can continue down the table at your option. If it says "REQUIRED WHEN AVAILABLE" you can continue down the table only if the bucket is not sold, is 0, open only for waitlisting, or closed. If it says "REQUIRED WHEN OFFERED" you may only continue down the table if the bucket is not sold at all on the flight.

If after you have done this process, you end up being forced into a bucket that doesn't exist, is closed, or is full and doesn't accept waitlisting, then you cannot use this fare on this flight.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I wonder if it would be possible to check in from another Airport, If its booked on Iberia and all on IB Codes and I am getting there from Iberia in Madrid to start the trip I wonder if they will issue the Boarding Passes there? I have had BA do something similar through T5 before but hell of a risk without knowing in advance, The Visa hassle would kill it for me too unfortunately
It's possible but always a bit risky. The local ground station can block remote check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.