Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air: R/T JFK - Frankfurt $1999 NON-STOP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Air: R/T JFK - Frankfurt $1999 NON-STOP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Must be a charter. Man, I'd hate to see a 380 try to land on a 5,900 ft runway...
OK...har har. I was typing on my iPhone. Gimme a break...
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:21 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wolf72
Why would anyone fly UL when SQ is miles ahead in quality of product and customer service and quality of it's cabin crew's/flight attendents?
SQ IFE is better, but I'd give the nod to UL in all other categories.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Interesting. How much were those fares ex-LAX?
If I am remembering correctly ~$2600.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I think this books into D fare class. Credit to SQ or AS?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:09 am

Can you upgrade to the suites? How many miles for upgrade?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Idiotic question... I'm out of AUS but since this is a great fare for Xmas time, I'm considering a positioning flight. Normally I'd position the day before but I've learned how awful NYC is getting into and out of the city. If I buy a separate *A connecting flight (different PNR), is there any way to merge them post purchase so I'm protected on a misconnect (assuming I'm honoring the MCTs)?
I'm also out of AUS -- and regularly shuttle back and forth to NYC -- so here's my advice:

1. Given how routinely ex-NYC flights, both inbound and outbound, are delayed -- particularly in the winter, and double-particularly around the holidays -- I don't think there's much, if any, chance you'd be hammered with extra fees for rebooking even if you did miss a flight. It's also the slowest time of the year for TATL travel in general, most of all in J, and especially between two hubs that are so specifically designed for business travelers, so you should be able to just fly standby on the next flight out.

2. The secret to not missing an ex-NYC connection is taking the earliest flight possible there. The reason so many flights are delayed is because of ATC limiting the # of inbound/outbound planes mainly due to wind, but also snow if applicable. That said, note that it'd be really unusual to see any accumulation of snow in December - last year it was in the freakin' 60s and 70s almost the entire week before Xmas!

3. Given the timing, your best bet is the daily jetBlue nonstop (AUS-JFK) that departs at 5:45am. Even if it arrives three hours late you'd still have ample time to make your connection to FRA; the first of several daily nonstops leaves around 4pm IIRC, and the last flight out isn't till after 10pm.

Seriously, you got this. If you can land early enough and don't have to fly out of EWR or something, this should be a slam dunk barring very unusual circumstances (e.g. a blizzard that shuts down the entire eastern seaboard).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:05 am

Hello: I see that this sale extends to NRT, ICN, HKG, and SIN from LAX or SFO. The fare is not super low, but not bad for transpacific flights. So, suppose I choose to fly from SFO to SIN via HKG, can I stopover in HKG? It's not clear from the fare rules.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ess-fare-deals

I was tempted to choose the SFO-SIN flight on Airbus 350, but it's a daytime flight. I'd rather travel at night and sleep the whole way. Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:51 pm

SQ arrives FRA at 9:50. I want to take a connection on LH to VNO at 11:05. The travel agent can put it all on the same record but has to issue two separate tickets. Is this too risky? I would assume if LH arrives late the LH staff at FRA will know that even though it is on the same PNR it will be ticketed separately by segment and make me pay penalties for a rebooking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.